I seen Dr Eid, now not sure what to do

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
coldbrew

I seen Dr Eid, now not sure what to do

Postby coldbrew » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:31 pm

I just had my visit with Dr. Eid.

PD has cost me an inch, or little more. I was at one time 6 to 6 1/4". Now the stretch test was only 12cm, and 2nd try maybe 13cm. He said 18cm implant , or might can do a 20cm. He guaranteed 5", but that is still heart breaking. I can also tell I lost girth.
He also said I would still have a curve, (hang to the left when flaccid), but straight when pumped.

I'm guessing the stretch test is fairly accurate? I am sure he has done enough to know about how to pull/measure to actual results. I did not get erect when he injected. I also do not get erect anymore with self stimulation. I still can ejaculate with soft penis.

So, with that said I am not sure what I will do, and when. Maybe I will try using the VED more, or buy a traction device to see if it will improve.

I can no longer have sex, it's been a year. My relationship with my wife is great. Yes, it would be better if sex was evolved.
My fear is waking up to 4.5" implant with little girth, and wishing I had not decided on implant. I mean if it doesn't work out, I will have to put up with walking around with a pump in my sac, and larger not normal flaccid penis.
I am just now 50 yrs old

Lost Sheep

Re: I seen Dr Eid, now not sure what to do

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:45 pm

Be of good heart.

You mentioned some of the downsides of having an implant. You did not mention the risks or the cost.

But you did not mention the upside. The ability to have sex in a more or less "normal" coital fashion. And the other upside, ending the degradation of your phallus that continued non-function generates (you will likely continue to lose size over the years).

If sex by other means than PIV (penis in vagina) is completely satisfying to you and to your wife, you may indeed choose not to implant and both of you be perfectly happy.

But, in my opinion, PIV sex brings an intimacy unavailable by the other means (oral, manual, toys, etc). And your estimate of 4.5" skinny penis, to me, seems pessimistic. You might wake up with a 5.5" erection with girth increasing over time. Dr. Eid is one of the best at restoring size as well as function. He is careful with his patients and caring.

Dr. Eid wrote to me once, "Find a surgeon in love with his craft." I truly believe Dr. Eid loves his craft and puts his patients' welfare above all else. I was fortunate (and diligent) enough to have found such a surgeon locally. You have one available to you now. Take heart. Do research until you are completely confident in your decision. I did and went forward. I am happy I did, on two counts - the 1) 14 months of delay for the research for information and search for the surgeon I chose gave me confidence in my decision and in my choice of surgeon and 2) for choosing to implant which has enhanced my sex life immensely. Also, just being able to HAVE a decent erection feels good (even if it is provided by a device, it feels "proper" and manly).

p.s. I used a vacuum device to maintain penile tissue health (blood flushing in and out of the tissues), elasticity and size. I recommend it. I have no experience or knowledge gained from research with traction, so cannot comment myself, but some men here have used it to reported good effect. I hope they will comment with more information.
Last edited by Lost Sheep on Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:39 pm

I also suggest using a Pump which I did and it helped keep what I had. Dr. Kramer di a great job and I have since gotten my length back. I always look at this way, I use to be 6+ when younger and ED took some but now I have something that works and I can use to hang a shirt or two on. Photo was 45 days after surgery and since have recovered back to where I started.

Listen to whatever doctor you use and be patient.
Attachments
IMG_0013.jpg
IMG_0013.jpg (24.31 KiB) Viewed 2339 times
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:34 pm

You’ve already made a great decision consulting with Dr. Eid. Why not start ved therapy right away. Keep track of your progress. You just might be able to get a bigger implant later. It doesn’t take long to see results.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:08 pm

coldbrew wrote:I just had my visit with Dr. Eid.

PD has cost me an inch, or little more. I was at one time 6 to 6 1/4". Now the stretch test was only 12cm, and 2nd try maybe 13cm. He said 18cm implant , or might can do a 20cm. He guaranteed 5", but that is still heart breaking. I can also tell I lost girth.
He also said I would still have a curve, (hang to the left when flaccid), but straight when pumped.

I'm guessing the stretch test is fairly accurate? I am sure he has done enough to know about how to pull/measure to actual results. I did not get erect when he injected. I also do not get erect anymore with self stimulation. I still can ejaculate with soft penis.

So, with that said I am not sure what I will do, and when. Maybe I will try using the VED more, or buy a traction device to see if it will improve.

I can no longer have sex, it's been a year. My relationship with my wife is great. Yes, it would be better if sex was evolved.
My fear is waking up to 4.5" implant with little girth, and wishing I had not decided on implant. I mean if it doesn't work out, I will have to put up with walking around with a pump in my sac, and larger not normal flaccid penis.
I am just now 50 yrs old

I feel for you. You sound like me a few months ago impotent for 2 years. Had lost 1 5/8 in. Pills didn't work. I was desperate. I bought a vacuum device. A cheap one with a 2in tube. Used it morning and night. 3 sets of 5 on and 5 off. For the last minute of each five I made it really hurt. Within 60 days I had gained back everything. I let myself shrink down half inch before surgery because I really didn't want to be that long. I can't imagine that you can't do the same thing. Make sure the tube is not too big otherwise you will just balloon out and gained no length good luck. If I were you I would try to make the v e d work before my implant. Because afterwards it's too late.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

ringo1

Postby ringo1 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:29 pm

well the way to mentioned "I am just now 50 yrs old" brought myself to a standstill....
37 yrs...ed due to single episode of trauma...had penile vein stripping... worst outcome ever..now trying towards an implant

coldbrew

Postby coldbrew » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:18 pm

Yesterday, on the way to work one of the girls from Eid's office called. She told me the insurance (I think) said implant is excluded. I am so tired from the 22+ hr ride in 2 days that my mind is kinda cloudy. I know she said excluded. They will have to fill out a form, send it in, and it would be about 15 days until they would probably hear back from insurance.

I have an encore VED.
I am thinking I need to order one with different sized cylinders like this one. https://www.augustams.com/product/somaerectstf/
I will reread the ved instructions. So, when pumping you do not start out pumping for full erection/length. I have used this ved very little. I have always pumped up, but stop before any pain/discomfort.

Why does Dr. Eid not believe in using VED to regain size? He told me that wouldn't help. He also gave me info on the (restorex) traction device, but said he had not heard any feedback.

I just ordered the 3 cylinder VED from AugustaMedicalSystems. I hope starting off using the smaller cylinder with a fit snug, will help penis gain length.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:29 pm

I think if you ask most guys they would agree with dr. Eid. I don't know why most people have little success with vacuum therapy. When I use mine to stretch the last minute is very painful. But I always get that eighth in. And then the next day I make sure I hold it and the next day and the next day until I can get it easily with no pain then I go for another but you have to be consistent twice a day at least three times a day if you can. And don't miss a day 7 days a week. Are you will immediately shrink. It takes a few weeks of easy gain with a little pressure to make the length for it to stay around. You need to get to that point to whatever length you want before you go to Eid. He does his surgery based on tension so even if you make it in the v e d you may not make it Flac CID stretch. You need to make it flaccid stretch easily before you go in for surgery or don't count on having it trust me dr. Eid will not get you down on the ground and pull with a crowbar. He will do a gentle pull and that's all you're going to get. Good luck
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

coldbrew

Postby coldbrew » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:34 pm

DougAnd wrote: You need to get to that point to whatever length you want before you go to Eid. He does his surgery based on tension so even if you make it in the v e d you may not make it Flac CID stretch. You need to make it flaccid stretch easily before you go in for surgery

How is it best to work on the flaccid stretch?
I have not read that about getting to a certain size in the VED, did not translate into bigger length flaccid.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:15 pm

DougAnd wrote:I think if you ask most guys they would agree with dr. Eid. I don't know why most people have little success with vacuum therapy. When I use mine to stretch the last minute is very painful. But I always get that eighth in. And then the next day I make sure I hold it and the next day and the next day until I can get it easily with no pain then I go for another but you have to be consistent twice a day at least three times a day if you can. And don't miss a day 7 days a week. Are you will immediately shrink. It takes a few weeks of easy gain with a little pressure to make the length for it to stay around. You need to get to that point to whatever length you want before you go to Eid. He does his surgery based on tension so even if you make it in the v e d you may not make it Flac CID stretch. You need to make it flaccid stretch easily before you go in for surgery or don't count on having it trust me dr. Eid will not get you down on the ground and pull with a crowbar. He will do a gentle pull and that's all you're going to get. Good luck

Remember that, with every good surgeon, the definitive measurement (the ONLY measurement that matters) is done on the operating table and measures the dimensions INSIDE your penis (specifically, the sum of two figures, A- the distance from the incision to the base of your pelvic crus where the rear of the implant will be and B- the distance from the incision to tip of the corpus cavernosum where the distal tip of the implant will be, as far up into your glans the judgement of your surgeon thinks prudent).

IN other words, EVERY measurement before the operation is just an estimate. Having said that, Dr. Eid is said to be one of the best estimators on the planet.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “Implants”