Spongy mass in scrotum

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
kosh200

Spongy mass in scrotum

Postby kosh200 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:45 pm

Hey everyone!

I need y’alls expertise. I had my pump moved from one side to the other. I had it in the original spot for over 2 months. Since the repositioning, there was obvious swelling, but now that that has gone down, I have discovered what can only be described as a “ cocoon” exactly where the pump used to be. It’s spongy, non painful and is the exact shape and size of the pump.

My question is this- is this the capsule left over from when the pump was on that side? And, if it is, why wouldn’t the MD rid of this after moving the pump? Thank you.
45 years old. Diagnosed with Peyronies over 5 years ago. Successfully implanted on 9/6/18 with a Coloplast Titan 18 cm + 3 cm RTEs 4.5”-1st Activation, 6.25” three months of cycling. Dr. Levine. Chicago, Illinois

Urz14me

Re: Spongy mass in scrotum

Postby Urz14me » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:21 pm

>I need y’alls expertise. I had my pump moved from one side to the other. I had it in the original spot for over 2 months. Since the repositioning, there was obvious swelling, but now that that has gone down, I have discovered what can only be described as a “ cocoon” exactly where the pump used to be. It’s spongy, non painful and is the exact shape and size of the pump.

My question is this- is this the capsule left over from when the pump was on that side? And, if it is, why wouldn’t the MD rid of this after moving the pump? Thank you.

Hmmm why wouldn't you ask your MD this question, he is the real expert? I am sorry I cannot answer your but the advice I can offer is talk with your doc.
52 year old. Diagnosed with Venous Leak. Trimix was hit and miss. opt'd for implant Titan 22cm 3.5cm RTE by Dr. Hakky on March 27, 2018 ...Remember they never complaint how small your penis is when it is in their ass... just sayin' :o

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:17 pm

Urz14me wrote:>I need y’alls expertise. I had my pump moved from one side to the other. I had it in the original spot for over 2 months. Since the repositioning, there was obvious swelling, but now that that has gone down, I have discovered what can only be described as a “ cocoon” exactly where the pump used to be. It’s spongy, non painful and is the exact shape and size of the pump.

Hmmm why wouldn't you ask your MD this question, he is the real expert? I am sorry I cannot answer your but the advice I can offer is talk with your doc.

That is a very specific circumstance. Kish200's advice would be best unless someone else here has experienced the same as you. Any other answers would be speculative.

Having said that, I speculate that what you have is residual scar tissue that formed around the pump. The surgeon may have left it in place (again speculating) because letting your body reabsorb the scar tissue would be better than surgically removing it. Only a medical professional, and one who has examined you, would be in the best position to answer your specific question.

Sorry I cannot be more help.

Other than that question, is the implant working correctly?

p.s. your question is interesting to me because my pump is high and front and I have been wondering about getting it repositioned lower. It is mainly cosmetic (obvious to the eye when I am wearing briefs), but also prevents me from using a V.E.D. for post-op therapy.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

kosh200

Postby kosh200 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:29 pm

Of course I will consult my MD. I have my follow up appt in mid February. I just wanted to throw it on here to see if anyone had any firsthand knowledge and some peace of mind for me.
45 years old. Diagnosed with Peyronies over 5 years ago. Successfully implanted on 9/6/18 with a Coloplast Titan 18 cm + 3 cm RTEs 4.5”-1st Activation, 6.25” three months of cycling. Dr. Levine. Chicago, Illinois

kosh200

Postby kosh200 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:17 am

Update***

Talked to MD, he left the capsule that surrounded the pump prior to moving it. He said if it’s not painful, rigid, or red, no worries. Thank you all for the support.

RayChez

Postby RayChez » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:31 pm

Question for Kosh200: What capsule are you talking about. I have an LGX and I never heard of a capsule surrounding the MS pump. You got me wondering now because my MS pump has failed or something failed. The pump just quit working and am having surgery to replace it or have a third revision if it is not the pump.

I do feel spongy feeling attached to the pump, but I thought it might be my testicle that got scar tissue and attached itself to the pump. I guess I will find out when they replace the pump. But this posting about a capsule has gotten my attention.
age: 75 First implant around 2001, 59 at the time. AMS 700 Ultrex
revision Dec 2016. 2ND implant 21CM, 1rte AMS 700 LGX MS pump

kosh200

Postby kosh200 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:18 pm

RayChez wrote:Question for Kosh200: What capsule are you talking about. I have an LGX and I never heard of a capsule surrounding the MS pump. You got me wondering now because my MS pump has failed or something failed. The pump just quit working and am having surgery to replace it or have a third revision if it is not the pump.

I do feel spongy feeling attached to the pump, but I thought it might be my testicle that got scar tissue and attached itself to the pump. I guess I will find out when they replace the pump. But this posting about a capsule has gotten my attention.

When athe pump is first in place, scar tissue forms around it. That’s why we are instructed to move it around early in so it doesnt adhere to our scrotum. This scar tissue is often referred to as s capsule. When my pump was moved, they left the scar tissue, or capsule in place for some reason.

Return to “Implants”