how did you choose your implant?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Lost Sheep

Re: how did you choose your implant?

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:35 pm

DougAnd wrote:I chose the LG X because it is the softest and grows the fastest. I didn't trust my surgeons not to shorten Me by 3/4 of an inch. I've discovered that by using vacuum therapy I can actually be one-quarter inch longer then the night before surgery. I've already reached an eighth of an inch longer than that but it's hard to maintain you have to be consistent and I'm not a consistent person. My surgeon intended to shrink me a half an inch but using the v e d I can actually be longer than I was. It took me two months to grow 1 and 5/8 in before my surgery. But you have to be very very aggressive. Most guys are not at all aggressive and they don't gain much of anything. You need to plan on using it at least three times a day and twice during the night. Before my surgery I only did 3 sets of 5 minutes in the morning and 3 sets of 5 minutes after work at night. I grew 1 and 5/8 in in less than 60 days. That was what I have lost over a. Of about 40 years good luck

Of course, those are just the results of one man. One man's results are anecdotal and it takes a volume of statistics to make good predictions of results. Having said that, all statistics start out as anecdotes.

My results are similar to DougAnd's results. So, two anecdotes in favor of assiduous pre-op vacuum therapy. I vacuum pumped for 15-30 minutes twice daily for a year (though Medical Journal Studies suggest that 60 days is sufficient - my tenure in the protocol was due to waiting for authorization from the VA and finding a surgeon acceptable to me.)

I started out applying 15-30 minutes of continuous vacuum, but read another protocol recommending cycling a vacuum for a couple of minutes at a time for 15-30 minutes. (This was to promote flushing of oxygenated blood through the penis more so than the continuous vacuum I had been using). So, I used both protocols.

The benefit of vacuum therapy prior to implant is, as DougAnd testifies, retention/restoration of penile erectile size. (Whether or not true gain is possible is a controversial subject). Other benefits are penile tissue health (flushing fresh blood through the penile tissues is a function of the periodic erections men get naturally at night and throughout the day), retention/restoration of penile elasticity and (only mentioned in the literature without making a point of it) making insertion of the implant easier for the surgeon and recovery for the patient a bit less uncomfortable (the penis having been stretched in girth).
Last edited by Lost Sheep on Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:35 pm

thank you lost sheep. I thought Larry was the only one using vacuum therapy. I can say 100% that after I stretched inside of the chamber I could flaccid stretch outside of the chamber the same length. So the Gain Is Real. Just like now using both my scrotal pump and the vacuum chamber my growth in length is real. Right now I'm just trying to figure out how to make it permanent.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:57 pm

DougAnd wrote:thank you lost sheep. I thought Larry was the only one using vacuum therapy. I can say 100% that after I stretched inside of the chamber I could flaccid stretch outside of the chamber the same length. So the Gain Is Real. Just like now using both my scrotal pump and the vacuum chamber my growth in length is real. Right now I'm just trying to figure out how to make it permanent.

You're welcome, DougAnd.

As late as two years ago, post-op vacuum therapy was said not to be a good idea. But recent reports from members here testify that their surgeons are now approving use of a vacuum on implanted penises.

I inquired if applying a vacuum to an implanted penis might make it easier to pump up (some men report difficulty squeezing the bulb, especially in the first months after implant). Some felt like using pliers to gain leverage - bad idea, that. I was soundly chastised for even hinting at that.

Times change.

I wish I could apply a bit of vacuum, but my pump is high and front in my scrotum and I cannot get a good seal at the bottom of the cylinder. It compresses the skin between the cylinder and the hard outline of the pump. I am thinking about shaving down the cylinder to make a recess. But then the cylinder would be ruined if I wanted to give it to a pre-implant brother in E.D. I am still searching for a solution that would allow me to use vacuum therapy going forward.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:45 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:
DougAnd wrote:thank you lost sheep. I thought Larry was the only one using vacuum therapy. I can say 100% that after I stretched inside of the chamber I could flaccid stretch outside of the chamber the same length. So the Gain Is Real. Just like now using both my scrotal pump and the vacuum chamber my growth in length is real. Right now I'm just trying to figure out how to make it permanent.

You're welcome, DougAnd.

As late as two years ago, post-op vacuum therapy was said not to be a good idea. But recent reports from members here testify that their surgeons are now approving use of a vacuum on implanted penises.

I inquired if applying a vacuum to an implanted penis might make it easier to pump up (some men report difficulty squeezing the bulb, especially in the first months after implant). Some felt like using pliers to gain leverage - bad idea, that. I was soundly chastised for even hinting at that.

Times change.

I wish I could apply a bit of vacuum, but my pump is high and front in my scrotum and I cannot get a good seal at the bottom of the cylinder. It compresses the skin between the cylinder and the hard outline of the pump. I am thinking about shaving down the cylinder to make a recess. But then the cylinder would be ruined if I wanted to give it to a pre-implant brother in E.D. I am still searching for a solution that would allow me to use vacuum therapy going forward.

I just had my pump moved in Dec because it was so high I could not use it or the vacuum tube. It is now in the perfect place the only current pain is from the saline tubes on that side coming out of my penis. But I can shove the vacuum tube far enough beyond so that it does not hurt much. A brother just posted who has my exact problem. His ended with the right tip pushing into his glans. Tues I go in for a cysto to see if I have damage to my urethra. But I'm confident that my vacuum tube is keeping me safe. Hopefully. That brother is a year farther along than me. Hope that does not happen to me because of really uneven tips. My right side is bulged like mnt st helens. Oh well
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:31 am

Lost Sheep wrote:

You're welcome, DougAnd.

Times change.

Get a silicon sleeve for the end of the VAC tube. See CaleXotics . I got mine on e-bay or amazon.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Return to “Implants”