Erection from an implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Mike02

Erection from an implant

Postby Mike02 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:11 am

Hi all, can I get some advice on how an erection obtained from an implant is like? I believe it is going to be hard, no doubt. But in term if sensing, does it make you feel artificial or even plastic? I have tried pills and injection. And their erection is pretty natural. Is erection from an implant close to these? Like a 80% or 90% close? If we could put a number to quantify it? Some one told me you could literally feel the two cylinders wrapped beneath your thin penile skin? Is it really so? Thanks for advice..
48 yo. Not sure of my cause of ed. Doctor said no venous leak. Never had prostate surgery. Things just don't work. Considering implant seriously...

Larry10625

Re: Erection from an implant

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:16 am

Mike02 wrote:Hi all, can I get some advice on how an erection obtained from an implant is like? I believe it is going to be hard, no doubt. But in term if sensing, does it make you feel artificial or even plastic? I have tried pills and injection. And their erection is pretty natural. Is erection from an implant close to these? Like a 80% or 90% close? If we could put a number to quantify it? Some one told me you could literally feel the two cylinders wrapped beneath your thin penile skin? Is it really so? Thanks for advice..

I really don't notice any difference except for pumping it up. :)

Larry

CTR5000

Postby CTR5000 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:11 am

Mike02 wrote:... in term if sensing, does it make you feel artificial or even plastic? I have tried pills and injection. And their erection is pretty natural. Is erection from an implant close to these? Like a 80% or 90% close? If we could put a number to quantify it? Some one told me you could literally feel the two cylinders wrapped beneath your thin penile skin? Is it really so? Thanks for advice..

If I had to put a quantifier, my implant is more 100% realistic erection, pills initially got me to an 80%, and injections got me a rather unnatural 85% hard. Pills and injections all stopped working eventually. And injections started giving me an erection that LOOKED usable but kinda folded up when I tried to put it in. The first time I got the okay for sex after implant surgery, I felt like I was about 18 or 19 again down there. That thin penile skin you mentioned could finally feel sensations close to the penis surface again... even the sensations in my glans. And my orgasm was the most intense I've had in years. I won't deny that when inflated, I feel my cylinders but I never considered this as possibly unnatural until you asked just now. Can't quite picture my corpora cavernosa as they had been when I could still get a hardon naturally but I as best I recall they didn't look much different then from now.

The better, more unbiased opinion (and view and feel) was my husband's... he was "up close and personal" for that first time and countless times after! He said that if he hadn't known I had an implant, he never could've even suspected it.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:44 am

CTR5000 wrote:
Mike02 wrote:... in term if sensing, does it make you feel artificial or even plastic? I have tried pills and injection. And their erection is pretty natural. Is erection from an implant close to these? Like a 80% or 90% close? If we could put a number to quantify it? Some one told me you could literally feel the two cylinders wrapped beneath your thin penile skin? Is it really so? Thanks for advice..

If I had to put a quantifier, my implant is more 100% realistic erection, pills initially got me to an 80%, and injections got me a rather unnatural 85% hard. Pills and injections all stopped working eventually. And injections started giving me an erection that LOOKED usable but kinda folded up when I tried to put it in. The first time I got the okay for sex after implant surgery, I felt like I was about 18 or 19 again down there. That thin penile skin you mentioned could finally feel sensations close to the penis surface again... even the sensations in my glans. And my orgasm was the most intense I've had in years. I won't deny that when inflated, I feel my cylinders but I never considered this as possibly unnatural until you asked just now. Can't quite picture my corpora cavernosa as they had been when I could still get a hardon naturally but I as best I recall they didn't look much different then from now.

The better, more unbiased opinion (and view and feel) was my husband's... he was "up close and personal" for that first time and countless times after! He said that if he hadn't known I had an implant, he never could've even suspected it.

Well said Colin. With my situation, so far the only thing I wouldn't change is my girth. When pumped up rock hard and throbbing, I am almost 6" and I cannot feel the cylinders and neither can my wife. Don't get me wrong, I am very happy with my implant, I am just looking forward to the LGX giving me back some of the length I lost with all of the circumcisions and scar tissue from the skin graph. It is coming back VERY SLOWLY.

Larry

Bionic Richard

Postby Bionic Richard » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:30 pm

If I feel for it I can find the tips in the head and the cylinders. It isn't a bad thing. The sensation is there for me and is great!
A side note: I can now adjust the rigidity to the task and partner's preferences. About 70 to 80% for oral, and 100% for intercourse.
1957 model, married 27yr first time 6 yr present,10/16 Retired,12/16 PSA 4.9, 1/17 Biopsy, 2/17 Gleason 4+3, 3/17 Robotic Prostatectomy, 4/17 PSA nondecetable, Penile therapy, pills/VED/Trimix, 5/25/18 AMS 700 LGX 21cm 3cm RTE.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:48 pm

Bionic Richard wrote:If I feel for it I can find the tips in the head and the cylinders. It isn't a bad thing. The sensation is there for me and is great!
A side note: I can now adjust the rigidity to the task and partner's preferences. About 70 to 80% for oral, and 100% for intercourse.

Ahhhhhhhhhh, life after the implant is AWESOME :)

Larry

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:37 pm

Mike02 wrote:Hi all, can I get some advice on how an erection obtained from an implant is like? I believe it is going to be hard, no doubt. But in term if sensing, does it make you feel artificial or even plastic? I have tried pills and injection. And their erection is pretty natural. Is erection from an implant close to these? Like a 80% or 90% close? If we could put a number to quantify it? Some one told me you could literally feel the two cylinders wrapped beneath your thin penile skin? Is it really so? Thanks for advice..

Yes, I can feel the cylinders under my skin.

Deflated, they are apparant as not natural (I purporsfully did not use the word "unnatural".) They do not feel as "fleshly" as my flaccid corpora did before the implant. My flaccid unimplanted penis just felt like meat. The implanted flaccid has a crinkly feel when and where folds occur. (Note: I have an AMS; the Coloplast is said to feel even more so.)

My erect penis is wider and flatter than before the implant. Before the implant, my cross-section was more circular. Now the cylindersside-by-side give more width than before, though total girth/circumference is not much more than before implant.

But the feel of the erect shaft is very much the same when I paplate the cylinders. When palpating the glans, however, the plastic tips are evident. But only evident if you are purposfully looking for them. When the glans is engorged they are barely detectable.

All in all, I would say that externally (to a partner) 95% to 100% natural feeling, erect or flaccid. To myself, externally, 80%-90% natural feeling. To myself internally, 100% natural feeling.

Visually, 100% natural looking except for the cross-section being more elliptical than circular. But hardly worth mentioning.

As far as orgasms are concerned, many men have reported their orgasms are delayed compared to before implant. This may be more due to damage or trauma to nerves during the operation than the implant itself. Also, many men report that, after a time (months), timing of their orgasms returns to pre-implant character. I attribute this to the nerves recovering from the trauma of the operation.

For myself, I am happy to have my orgasms delayed. Of course, one of my primary reasons for getting the implant was for my partner's pleasure, not for my own. Over the past 40 years or so I generated a huge debt of orgasms to the women I have known. I had orgasms every encounter. They quite often did not. So, I am quite happy to offer to redeem that accumulated debt now that I have a penis "up" to the task. So, I really do not care if I have an orgasm or not, as long as my lover does. I get a real thrill out of her joy. Of course, if I NEVER had an orgasm, I might feel differently, but I do have at least one for every 5 she does and this happens almost every encounter. (She is willing to continue sex for as long as I have the energy and the only reason we stop before I do is not because I absolutely cannot, but because I simply run out of energy or time.)

Remember, that the engorgement of the spongiosum tissues of the shaft and of the glans is independent of the engorgement of the corpus cavernosum tissues (which are responsible for stiffness of erection which responsibility is taken over by the implant). Engorgement of the spongiosum give a lot of "feel" and appearance to an erection, but these characteristics are only peripheral.

Remember also that if an implant is justified because one's erections are no longer working correctly, the minor differences or drawbacks are not decisive. That is, if you need one, you NEED one, and if your need is not critical, then you DON'T. An implant is not about optimization of a working erection/penis. It is for repair of a completely non-functional erection/penis.
Last edited by Lost Sheep on Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

LeRoastBeef

Postby LeRoastBeef » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:05 pm

Your replies are always insightful and informative, lost sheep.
Thank you.
Implanted with AMS 700 lgx, 2021.
30's
UK

Smetro

Postby Smetro » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:47 pm

Lost,
Your summation is spot on in its clarity
Happy New Year everyone
68,Titan Touch 22cm+1.5cm rte's op done in Melbourne Aust by Dr Chris Love-Feb 2017 Venous leakage over a 2 year period, did pills and Caverject. Length@ 3 1/2years is: 7+” erect, 6.5” flaccid and almost 6” girth. REZUM Feb 21 ejaculation now normal.

ETGuy71

Postby ETGuy71 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:53 pm

Excellent information for us pre implant guys.....thanks
Diagnosed venous leak. Going with injections rather than implant for the time being.

Return to “Implants”