What's the Best Surgical Method for Implant?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
geedeez

What's the Best Surgical Method for Implant?

Postby geedeez » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:27 pm

Hi guys. I'm considering getting an implant. But I want to be familiar with all the different types of surgical methods before getting one to ensure the best results with the least amount of risk to nerves/orgasm and issues. Here are my questions:

1. Which is the best method for implants? Especially with less risk to nerves/ability to orgasm and greatest chance of success?

2. Whats the 'no-touch' method? How superior is it to other methods?

3. Whats infra-pubic method?

4. Whats v-neck method?

kosh200

Re: What's the Best Surgical Method for Implant?

Postby kosh200 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:08 pm

No touch method refers to the sterile precautions used during surgery. It is simply a double sterile field to ensure that the device is implanted with no outside contaminants. It is industry standard to use this precaution now.
My surgeon used the peniscrotal incision and I have no feeling a quarter inch below incision and half way up my penis. From masturbating, I can achieve orgasm no problem. Still haven’t had my first use with my wife yet. I will repost how it went after it happens
45 years old. Diagnosed with Peyronies over 5 years ago. Successfully implanted on 9/6/18 with a Coloplast Titan 18 cm + 3 cm RTEs 4.5”-1st Activation, 6.25” three months of cycling. Dr. Levine. Chicago, Illinois

oldbeek

Re: What's the Best Surgical Method for Implant?

Postby oldbeek » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:57 am

Either way with a good surgeon there will be no nerve damage. Infra pubic the tubing enters the top of the penis near the pubic bone. It is noticeable and some times uncomfortable.( could be a problem with a hard grinding cowgirl). extenders tend to be used more with infra pubic. If I had it to do over again, i think I would have the scrotal method. They both have close to the same healing time. Don't sacrifice a lifetime of use for a 2 week quicker healing time. Pump is in the scrotum and tubes entering penis from the bottom makes more sense to me anyways.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Return to “Implants”