Newly Implanted Story/Questions

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
$90,000Man

Re: Newly Implanted Story/Questions

Postby $90,000Man » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:34 pm

Sorry, Kosh, that is a huge bummer. We waited 11 yrs to get another couple of pets. The emotional investment can take its toll, but like kids, the benefits outweigh the heartache, most of the time.
54 yrs old. Very active. ED, off and on, starting 30 yrs ago. Married 18 yrs, 2 kids. Peyronies diagnosed 2 yrs ago. Implanted with Titan on 12/26/18, 10 distal, 13 proximal, 4cm RTE. Dr. Nguyen, Overland Park, KS.

Bandit

Postby Bandit » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:22 am

Larry said
Hey Bandit... I discovered when I was using peas and corn that each time it thawed, when I refroze it, it was in huge chunks. I started recommending either Navy Beans or popcorn in an odd sock.. BTW, your username makes me sad. I had a cat named Bandit and we had to have him put down in October, he had kidney disease and diabetes and I just couldn't bare to see him suffer :cry: :cry:

The trick to the frozen veg is dont let them thaw. When u put the back in freezer, shake them up a bit. Either that, or make some soup and get new veggies. As far as the name, mine comes from a beloved pet as well. Another sad story !
Born 1958, married. Prostate Cancer. RRP November/2014. PSA undetectable since. Implant May/2017 AMS700LGX 18 cm + 1.5 cm RTEs.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:20 am

$90,000Man wrote:Well, football and soccer and Deadpool.

We have 2, newish cats that are barely out of kittenhood and I swear that one of them saw me, 2 days post op, in my underwear and went for the new "scratching post".
I'm not sure which of us was more startled at my scream.

:lol: :lol: :lol: OMG :lol: :lol: :lol: OMG :lol: :lol: :lol:

Larry (in tears, laughing, um, I mean feeling very supportive to our new brother. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Larry

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:42 pm

I hope Kosh has a new puppy by now. Nothing takes that heart ache away like a new pup. I train, hunt and compete with bird dogs. I only keep one at a time now. They are by my side constantly, training, running and hunting. I have lost some amazing dogs in my life and the last three went young (10) with cancer. It is always a shock. Going to get a puppy when my present dog hits 8 so she can help train the younger one. It softens the blow not go completely dog less.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:07 pm

kosh200 wrote:All this talk about pets! We just put our 14 1/2 yr old black lab down a day after Xmas. It was one of the hardest things I’ve ever done. They become woven into the fabric of the family

About 30 years ago my wife and I raised breeding cockers. My neighbor slept during the day got pissed at the noise and threw meat over the fence laced with rat poison. That was hard. Fast forward 20 years new house new neighbors I had mousers that would keep vermin off the property. They used to sleep under my neighbors shed. One by one he picked them off with his 22. I really miss our mousers. Now we have an inside dog (I hate animals in the house) but we got him when our grandson came to live with us. The grandson went back home and killed himself. If anything ever happens to this dog my wife could not take any more. He is very much in our fabric, a part of our loss.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

kosh200

Postby kosh200 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:16 pm

oldbeek wrote:I hope Kosh has a new puppy by now. Nothing takes that heart ache away like a new pup. I train, hunt and compete with bird dogs. I only keep one at a time now. They are by my side constantly, training, running and hunting. I have lost some amazing dogs in my life and the last three went young (10) with cancer. It is always a shock. Going to get a puppy when my present dog hits 8 so she can help train the younger one. It softens the blow not go completely dog less.

Well, we are getting a new puppy that will be 7 weeks in May( so we get the pick of the litter)we will pick him up then. My daughter just recently told me, “Dad , I HAVE GOT to have a puppy in my life!” Our last dog was on a whim. We were at the right place at the right time. There was certainly no planning for him. This new puppy has champion blood and his parents have won many awards. I honestly don’t know if any of that means squat, but it will cure the sadness and silence that has plagued my home since the passing of my dog.
45 years old. Diagnosed with Peyronies over 5 years ago. Successfully implanted on 9/6/18 with a Coloplast Titan 18 cm + 3 cm RTEs 4.5”-1st Activation, 6.25” three months of cycling. Dr. Levine. Chicago, Illinois

DaveKell

Postby DaveKell » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:00 am

Since this thread has solidly departed from its original subject I'll go ahead and add this little story. My oldest son has a very beautiful rottweiler/shepherd mix dog named Maverick. He is by far the most intelligent animal I've ever encountered in my life. He could be half starved and if my son filled his bowl and told him to "sit, stay", a half hour later he would still be patiently sitting and waiting for the ok to eat. He could do every trick any dog was ever trained to do. My son's house never needed a burglar alarm. MavDog's bark had the same ferocity and volume as a lion roaring, the windows would rattle. I was particularly impressed that it took my son less than 3 days to train Mav to retrieve a beer from the refrigerator for him. He tied a dish towel to the door Mav would pull on to open it. grab a long neck bottle sitting in the bottom of the fridge, and use his head to bump the door closed. He would come running with his tail wagging and deposit the bottle in my son's lap. I asked my son what was to stop him from raiding leftovers and he said Mav had never done it.

Mav weighed in at 120 pounds, a big boy. Many pictures exist of several family members who sat on the couch only to have Mav jump up and lay across their lap. He was FAR from a lapdog but he never knew it. My son had a bubble machine and Mav would chase bubbles in the yard relentlessly until he had completely exhausted himself. You could drive him berserk with a laser pointer on the floor and up the walls. He'd almost pull your arm out of the socket if you gave in to his demands to play tug of war with his length of nylon ropes.

Recently, at ten years of age (which is around the high end for very large dogs), Mav stopped eating and would whine a lot. Within a month a very large bump appeared on his right hip. The heartbreaking diagnosis was he had very aggressive bone cancer. He was deemed too old to adapt to the amputation of his leg. He was prescribed heavy duty narcotic pain relief which kept him constipated like it does in humans. My son said when it got to the point Mav no longer got up to enthusiastically greet him when he got home from work he would know his time was up. Last weekend my son, who is an expert beef brisket smoker, prepared a big BBQ for the entire family where everyone was encouraged to Let Mav finally have their table scraps he had been denied his whole life. I wish I had the pic of his basketball size head laying on the counter, eyeing the sliced up platter of meat. It's hilarious. We all got to feed him from the table and he finally had a voracious appetite. He was very careful not to bite anyone's fingers.

This week Mav stopped getting up off his mat to greet my son at the door. His breathing became labored. At 9 o'clock this morning my son and his wife will have him at the vet to be relieved of his suffering. I don't mind admitting I'm crying now as I type this. I offered to go take care of this for my son. I recall two dogs we had when my son was growing up he dearly loved that had to eventually be put down. My son wasn't able to make himself go with me for it. I'm immensely proud of him for being able to do this with a dog who is genuinely loved as a true member of our extended family. I'm heartbroken picturing my hulking, 6'-3" son I know will be crying his eyes out soon as he watches his beloved friend depart this life. They intend to have him cremated and bury him in their yard. This is a very difficult day for all of us. Visiting my son again will be hard without Mav there to greet us. He loved coming to our house in the country to visit with my neighbor's horses at my back fence, some of the very few animals he ever encountered that were bigger than him. Wen 9am gets here our whole family is going to be a mess!I apologize for the minutes of your life you'll never get back by reading this. It's just that Mav was the most almost human creature who ever came into our lives.
Became DaveKell 2.0 on July 18th with Dr. Allen Morey in Dallas, TX. AMS 700 CX implant. 18cm with 5.5 RTE's.

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:21 pm

Dave,, A well trained intelligent dog is a joy to have in your life. Mine has been by my side during all my healing processes. Now that I am recovered (I hope), we can go out and run together.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:41 pm

$90,000Man wrote:Hello all,

This is my first post, so I'm going try and be as brief as possible with my initial story.
I have suffered from varying degrees of ED for close to 30 yrs. It manifests as an inability to maintain an erection. I've seen several urologists, but none could give me a definitive cause.

I began seeing a supposedly well regarded Dr at a local, university hospital around 4 yrs ago. He tested me for low T and prescribed shots, which I continue to take. The shots have worked great in regards to my overall well being and libido. However, they did next to nothing for my ED.
About 2 yrs ago, I began to explore the possibility of an implant.
This Dr, who I will not name, actively discouraged me from committing. He told me most insurance these days did not cover it (not true in my case) and went so far as to suggest that at my age, I should perhaps get used to a lifetime without intercourse. He talked me into trying injections, against my better judgement. Which I did.

Because his instructions to me regarding self administration were so lacking (he had a nurse show me, without actually demonstrating), I had sex while not fully erect (the trimix did not distribute evenly). Consequently, I suffered a penile injury with my wife and developed Peyronies. When I went back to see him, he passed me off to his partner like a hot potato, because the partner dealt with Peyronies on a regular basis.

This partner talked a good talk at my first appt., saying that it would take a month or so for my insurance to approve the Xiaflex injections. After 5 or 6 months of checking back with his nurse, this douche of a doctor still hadn't submitted all of the paper work (I know, because I contacted Blue Cross countless times to check). I had enough.

I decided to find another Dr. in my area who treated Peyronies, and luckily found Dr. Nguyen. Dr. Nguyen had me set up to go through my first set of injections within 3 weeks!

Dr. Nguyen is incredible. And while he did his best, the curvature, which was extensive, did not resolve enough for satisfactory sex.

He installed my Titan 4 days ago. Because of the curvature, he had to break apart some residual plaque. Luckily, the Xiaflex dissolved enough so that I hopefuly won't lose too much length.

Finally, my question. Though I have been icing and taking it easy, I am still swollen like a grapefruit, resting beneath a blood sausage :shock: It subsides after a nights sleep, but puffs right back up during the day. Understanding that everyone is different, can anyone give me a timetable or at least some encouragement that things down below aren't going to pop?

Thanks in advance! Reading this forum leading up to surgery helped me form a decision and prepaerd me for what to expect.

I'm pretty sure I speak for most of us when I say "be patient". I would love to say something that would be a quick fix but, unfortunately, every day that passes will be better than the one before. Don't try to be brave... treat pain with ibuprophen (Advil) and ice not more than 20 minutes at a time. After a few weeks, switch to nice hot baths. The heat softens up the rubber and make it easier to cycle... (an electric heating pad works well too). Keep us posted on your progress all your bionic brothers are waiting for your success stories, :)

Larry

Return to “Implants”