Newly Implanted Story/Questions

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
$90,000Man

Newly Implanted Story/Questions

Postby $90,000Man » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:25 pm

Hello all,

This is my first post, so I'm going try and be as brief as possible with my initial story.
I have suffered from varying degrees of ED for close to 30 yrs. It manifests as an inability to maintain an erection. I've seen several urologists, but none could give me a definitive cause.

I began seeing a supposedly well regarded Dr at a local, university hospital around 4 yrs ago. He tested me for low T and prescribed shots, which I continue to take. The shots have worked great in regards to my overall well being and libido. However, they did next to nothing for my ED.
About 2 yrs ago, I began to explore the possibility of an implant.
This Dr, who I will not name, actively discouraged me from committing. He told me most insurance these days did not cover it (not true in my case) and went so far as to suggest that at my age, I should perhaps get used to a lifetime without intercourse. He talked me into trying injections, against my better judgement. Which I did.

Because his instructions to me regarding self administration were so lacking (he had a nurse show me, without actually demonstrating), I had sex while not fully erect (the trimix did not distribute evenly). Consequently, I suffered a penile injury with my wife and developed Peyronies. When I went back to see him, he passed me off to his partner like a hot potato, because the partner dealt with Peyronies on a regular basis.

This partner talked a good talk at my first appt., saying that it would take a month or so for my insurance to approve the Xiaflex injections. After 5 or 6 months of checking back with his nurse, this douche of a doctor still hadn't submitted all of the paper work (I know, because I contacted Blue Cross countless times to check). I had enough.

I decided to find another Dr. in my area who treated Peyronies, and luckily found Dr. Nguyen. Dr. Nguyen had me set up to go through my first set of injections within 3 weeks!

Dr. Nguyen is incredible. And while he did his best, the curvature, which was extensive, did not resolve enough for satisfactory sex.

He installed my Titan 4 days ago. Because of the curvature, he had to break apart some residual plaque. Luckily, the Xiaflex dissolved enough so that I hopefuly won't lose too much length.

Finally, my question. Though I have been icing and taking it easy, I am still swollen like a grapefruit, resting beneath a blood sausage :shock: It subsides after a nights sleep, but puffs right back up during the day. Understanding that everyone is different, can anyone give me a timetable or at least some encouragement that things down below aren't going to pop?

Thanks in advance! Reading this forum leading up to surgery helped me form a decision and prepaerd me for what to expect.
54 yrs old. Very active. ED, off and on, starting 30 yrs ago. Married 18 yrs, 2 kids. Peyronies diagnosed 2 yrs ago. Implanted with Titan on 12/26/18, 10 distal, 13 proximal, 4cm RTE. Dr. Nguyen, Overland Park, KS.

Larry10625

Re: Newly Implanted Story/Questions

Postby Larry10625 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:17 pm

$90,000Man wrote:Hello all,

This is my first post, so I'm going try and be as brief as possible with my initial story.
I have suffered from varying degrees of ED for close to 30 yrs. It manifests as an inability to maintain an erection. I've seen several urologists, but none could give me a definitive cause.

I began seeing a supposedly well regarded Dr at a local, university hospital around 4 yrs ago. He tested me for low T and prescribed shots, which I continue to take. The shots have worked great in regards to my overall well being and libido. However, they did next to nothing for my ED.
About 2 yrs ago, I began to explore the possibility of an implant.
This Dr, who I will not name, actively discouraged me from committing. He told me most insurance these days did not cover it (not true in my case) and went so far as to suggest that at my age, I should perhaps get used to a lifetime without intercourse. He talked me into trying injections, against my better judgement. Which I did.

Because his instructions to me regarding self administration were so lacking (he had a nurse show me, without actually demonstrating), I had sex while not fully erect (the trimix did not distribute evenly). Consequently, I suffered a penile injury with my wife and developed Peyronies. When I went back to see him, he passed me off to his partner like a hot potato, because the partner dealt with Peyronies on a regular basis.

This partner talked a good talk at my first appt., saying that it would take a month or so for my insurance to approve the Xiaflex injections. After 5 or 6 months of checking back with his nurse, this douche of a doctor still hadn't submitted all of the paper work (I know, because I contacted Blue Cross countless times to check). I had enough.

I decided to find another Dr. in my area who treated Peyronies, and luckily found Dr. Nguyen. Dr. Nguyen had me set up to go through my first set of injections within 3 weeks!

Dr. Nguyen is incredible. And while he did his best, the curvature, which was extensive, did not resolve enough for satisfactory sex.

He installed my Titan 4 days ago. Because of the curvature, he had to break apart some residual plaque. Luckily, the Xiaflex dissolved enough so that I hopefuly won't lose too much length.

Finally, my question. Though I have been icing and taking it easy, I am still swollen like a grapefruit, resting beneath a blood sausage :shock: It subsides after a nights sleep, but puffs right back up during the day. Understanding that everyone is different, can anyone give me a timetable or at least some encouragement that things down below aren't going to pop?

Thanks in advance! Reading this forum leading up to surgery helped me form a decision and prepaerd me for what to expect.

Hey, welcome to FrankTalk. The answer to almost every question post-op is Be Patient!! and for you it's no different. For most doctors you will not be able to cycle until 3 weeks. Find out when you doctor will let you take a bath. Then in a tub of water as hot as you can stand, wait about 10 minutes and then try to cycle. MAKE SURE YOU CAN LOCATE AND PRESS THE DEFLATE BUTTON BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING. The hot water softens up the rubber pump (an electric heat pad works too but the tub is better. You will probably not be having sex for about 8 weeks. Hope this helps. :)

Larry

$90,000Man

Postby $90,000Man » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:18 pm

Hey Larry,
Thanks for the response! I guess I was hoping for a bit less swelling and pain after 4 days, probably naively. I know that you are right, it's just that sitting on a pillow with an ice pack, watching movies and football all day is getting old. :lol:
54 yrs old. Very active. ED, off and on, starting 30 yrs ago. Married 18 yrs, 2 kids. Peyronies diagnosed 2 yrs ago. Implanted with Titan on 12/26/18, 10 distal, 13 proximal, 4cm RTE. Dr. Nguyen, Overland Park, KS.

Bandit

Postby Bandit » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:24 pm

Hey 90
Welcome to the club. Like Larry said. Be patient. Everyone is different in recovery. I was a solid two weeks before swelling and black and blue subsided. It will all be relative once you get two months behind you. Use ice for the swelling. Frozen vegetables works well too. Good luck.
Bandit
Born 1958, married. Prostate Cancer. RRP November/2014. PSA undetectable since. Implant May/2017 AMS700LGX 18 cm + 1.5 cm RTEs.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:26 pm

$90,000Man wrote:Hey Larry,
Thanks for the response! I guess I was hoping for a bit less swelling and pain after 4 days, probably naively. I know that you are right, it's just that sitting on a pillow with an ice pack, watching movies and football all day is getting old. :lol:

OMG, football??? I'd slit my throat... I am a hockey guy. Keep icing but no more than 20 minutes at a time. Keep doing that until your next appointment and then find out when you can start in the tub. :)

Larry

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:30 pm

Bandit wrote:Hey 90
Welcome to the club. Like Larry said. Be patient. Everyone is different in recovery. I was a solid two weeks before swelling and black and blue subsided. It will all be relative once you get two months behind you. Use ice for the swelling. Frozen vegetables works well too. Good luck.
Bandit

Hey Bandit... I discovered when I was using peas and corn that each time it thawed, when I refroze it, it was in huge chunks. I started recommending either Navy Beans or popcorn in an odd sock.. BTW, your username makes me sad. I had a cat named Bandit and we had to have him put down in October, he had kidney disease and diabetes and I just couldn't bare to see him suffer :cry: :cry:

Larry

$90,000Man

Postby $90,000Man » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:02 pm

Well, football and soccer and Deadpool.

We have 2, newish cats that are barely out of kittenhood and I swear that one of them saw me, 2 days post op, in my underwear and went for the new "scratching post".
I'm not sure which of us was more startled at my scream.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:21 pm

If you want to reduce swelling dramatically and quickly keep your scrotum raised about your heart. I used a wedge pillow but anything works. Should go down and stay down within hours. Good luck!!
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

$90,000Man

Postby $90,000Man » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:32 pm

DougAnd wrote:If you want to reduce swelling dramatically and quickly keep your scrotum raised about your heart. I used a wedge pillow but anything works. Should go down and stay down within hours. Good luck!!

Thanks, man. I'm trying, but it's tough to do during the day. I'll give it a shot tonight at bedtime.

kosh200

Postby kosh200 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:53 pm

All this talk about pets! We just put our 14 1/2 yr old black lab down a day after Xmas. It was one of the hardest things I’ve ever done. They become woven into the fabric of the family
45 years old. Diagnosed with Peyronies over 5 years ago. Successfully implanted on 9/6/18 with a Coloplast Titan 18 cm + 3 cm RTEs 4.5”-1st Activation, 6.25” three months of cycling. Dr. Levine. Chicago, Illinois

Return to “Implants”