Anyone Here Used MUSE? Is it Better than Implants?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Larry10625

Re: Anyone Here Used MUSE? Is it Better than Implants?

Postby Larry10625 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:12 am

alibaba wrote:Muse was the very first thing I used when it came on the market. Erection would only last seconds, even with a double dose.

Just what is MUSE, I've never heard of it?? :)

Larry

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:53 pm

It is an aprastadil suppository you shove in your urethra with an applicator, then massage it to spread it around as the pellet melts.

https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-1432 ... al/details
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:03 pm

I have used MUSE in the past and it worked OK .. but usually, if it was a correct dose for a good erection it was also enough for an annoying ache.

Yeah and crazy expensive.

As a do-it-yourself alternative, you could try Misoprostal (200 mcg PGE-1) pills. Crushed and powdered and mixed with water and used urethrally like MUSE. Each pill is only 200 mcg so might need multiples. But at around a dollar a pill -- not bad.

But in the end, it is just PGE-1 so can have all the annoyances that come with that.

J
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

cristoph126

Postby cristoph126 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:11 pm

Damn, that is as artificial as synthetic pee for passing a drug test with https://www.payspi.org/best-fake-pee-for-drug-test/ - actually works tho. But using a MUSE instead of implant is not seems to work. I haven't done that, but few of my friends did that and they did have the results only when they started - never lasted for long.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:59 pm

I rejected MUSE as a solution because my girlfriend at the time enjoyed fellatio. The taste (and the possibility of effects on her injesting leftover amounts) of MUSE, I reasoned, disqualified it.

I had no idea that dosage was such a difficult task.

My general practice Doctor did not press me on the issue, nor did any urologist I saw. Once oral medications lost effectiveness, intermediate solutions (Vacuum Device with constriction rings, MUSE, injections) were skipped over (without objection from my physicians)at my request and going forward to implant was a "go". I suspect my research into E.D. helped convince the doctors to accept and support my decisions.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:57 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:I rejected MUSE as a solution because my girlfriend at the time enjoyed fellatio. The taste (and the possibility of effects on her injesting leftover amounts) of MUSE, I reasoned, disqualified it.

My general practice Doctor did not press me on the issue, nor did any urologist I saw. Once oral medications lost effectiveness, intermediate solutions (Vacuum Device with constriction rings, MUSE, injections) were skipped over (without objection from my physicians)at my request and going forward to implant was a "go". I suspect my research into E.D. helped convince the doctors to accept and support my decisions.

How long did the stuff take to work? Could she have gone down on you and when finished, shove away?? :)

Larry

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:33 pm

Larry10625 wrote:
Lost Sheep wrote:I rejected MUSE as a solution because my girlfriend at the time enjoyed fellatio. The taste (and the possibility of effects on her injesting leftover amounts) of MUSE, I reasoned, disqualified it.

How long did the stuff take to work? Could she have gone down on you and when finished, shove away?? :)

Larry

I never used it, so cannot answer your first question. As for the second, if she swallows, the question is moot. Even if she does not, there is always the potential for some amount getting in her mouth. According to what I read about MUSE/Alpostrodil suppository, the substance is irritating. (I forgot the details of the taste, but seem to recall it was bitter.) Having never tried it, I cannot say. After reading what others have said about it, I am glad I did not even try it.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “Implants”