Re: The Implant Journey Begins...Day by Day Journal

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Naples

Postby Naples » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:08 pm

Recovery sucks! My surgery was on same day as yours. I’m with you hoping pain diminishes soon
54 ED, tried it all for last two years, was scheduled for titan implant Dec 11,2017. Insurance problems got approval finally. Implanted January 7, 2019, in Oklahoma City

GruffHunter

Postby GruffHunter » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:55 pm

Day 6 - Man, I'm in a good mood today! Went 12 hours without needing pain meds. My dick actually has "dick-like" sensations when I touch it instead of being Numb-Dead. I felt around a bit and could touch and gently manipulate the apparatus in my balls without it hurting, although I cant yet detect what parts I'm touching. Walking a little better, and I'm looking forward to my first hot bath tonight and a chance to wash the jockstrap I've had on for almost a week! Actually had a fleeting desire to jerk-off, which means I'm definitely getting back to my old self.
Gruff Hunter, 59, Titan (24 cm + 1 inch extenders) implanted by Dr Gross, 07 Jan 2017. Gay/open marriage, Chester, VT, USA

GruffHunter

Postby GruffHunter » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:21 pm

Day 7 - had a bath last night, and felt like 100 bucks! That warm water, combined with the relief that the water's buoyancy gives a hard on, is heaven! Slept all night without a need for any pain meds...and so, feeling as I good as I did when i got up today, I overdid it.

Started by immersing myself in our hot tub for 20 minutes which was great, but then I pushed myself a bit. Put some clothes on, went outside, let the chickens out, refilled their food and water...first time I had been outside since the operation. Found myself in slightly less pain than in the past week, but very, very tired most of the rest of the day. Got one pain pill left, and we'll see if I need a refill. Follow-up appointment & deflation scheduled for Jan 22 (9 days.)
Gruff Hunter, 59, Titan (24 cm + 1 inch extenders) implanted by Dr Gross, 07 Jan 2017. Gay/open marriage, Chester, VT, USA

gregorbehr

Postby gregorbehr » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:30 pm

OMG :o
I cannot tell you how much "self-loving" I've done over the years to your pics and vids... LOL

Glad to see/hear that your recovery is going well. I remember bitchin' to my doc about my sore sack and he kept saying give it 6 weeks. And sure enough, 6 weeks in, the soreness was gone and it was easy to work the pump.
Keep up the posts, its always good for other newbies to hear about the progress to others and welcome to the club.
51, San Francisco
Diabetic: used pills & injections.
2 TURP surgeries caused Peyronie's. 1st implant lost to infection, 2nd one is about 5 years old. But "floppy head" due to all the scar tissue, couldn't get tips all the way up.

GruffHunter

Postby GruffHunter » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:46 pm

gregorbehr wrote:OMG :o
I cannot tell you how much "self-loving" I've done over the years to your pics and vids... LOL.

Heh, heh...thank you! If all goes well, hopefully I'll be back on film in a few months :-)

GruffHunter

Postby GruffHunter » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:33 pm

Day 11 - Everything is fucking awesome! No, really!

On Day 8, I had run out of painkillers (which I was taking every 6-8 hours, rather than every 4, to stretch them out), so I called my Doc to see if I could have any more, as it was difficult to walk, sit, sleep, etc. It turned out that he had an opening, so he told me to come on over.

He was VERY pleased with my progress. Pump sitting properly between and hanging slightly below testicles. Entry wound completely healed. No swelling, no bruising. He even said he'd be comfortable deflating me if I wanted (I was sent home with a hard-on), but one more week would be even better, so we decided to wait one more week. I can feel the pump and the deflate buttons without any difficulty or pain. I have all the feeling back in all of my dick. Sitting in the hot tub with a glass of wine in the cold Vermont weather is a delight again.

He put me on a regimen of tylenol, which is working fine. I'm sitting on chairs without using pillows, and even slept on my side last night (my preferred and usual position.) Sleeping through the night without having to get up for pain killers. Not leaking any urine (I had mild drips the first week.) Actually been walking, cooking, and acting fairly normal.

I have moved from the "What-the-fuck-have-I-Done?" stage and have entered the "Can't wait till I can use this thing!" stage.

rocco84

Postby rocco84 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:24 pm

thanks A LOT for your journey!!!

Everything is really perfect written! What I like especially is that your posting pics - its so important to see all the progress also visually.

Keep posting it s so helpful for people who are infront of the surgery.

gregorbehr

Postby gregorbehr » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:37 am

GruffHunter wrote:Heh, heh...thank you! If all goes well, hopefully I'll be back on film in a few months :-)

Look forward to that! But the big question is, would you let them film the pumping up?
We're a small club... very few guys even know about implants, let alone see one being pumped up.
51, San Francisco
Diabetic: used pills & injections.
2 TURP surgeries caused Peyronie's. 1st implant lost to infection, 2nd one is about 5 years old. But "floppy head" due to all the scar tissue, couldn't get tips all the way up.

GruffHunter

Postby GruffHunter » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:54 am

gregorbehr wrote:
GruffHunter wrote:Heh, heh...thank you! If all goes well, hopefully I'll be back on film in a few months :-)

Look forward to that! But the big question is, would you let them film the pumping up?
We're a small club... very few guys even know about implants, let alone see one being pumped up.

That would be totally up to them. I have no problem with it.

ETGuy71

Postby ETGuy71 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:40 pm

I guess I missed something regarding films...are you into the professional film making business? I would love to see what everyone is commenting on!
Diagnosed venous leak. Going with injections rather than implant for the time being.

Return to “Implants”