Last call for Dr. Garber

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
DroptheMike

Last call for Dr. Garber

Postby DroptheMike » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:44 pm

Just went to see him last week for a follow up and I was somewhat shocked to hear that he would be ending his practice March 31st, 2019. I believe he is in his mid-sixties and therefore it shouldn't be much of a surprise, but there I was very much surprised. Knowing his age, it was already in the back of my mind that if things go well with my implant, he would probably already be retired when I would require a revision. All the same, I wasn't expecting it to be so soon and I must say it was comforting to know that he was around if I needed to consult him. I'm really not sure if he is actually retiring, but his practice is definitely closing. He may still continue to do research and/or teach, however he did not elaborate. I was sure to thank him for all his help. No telling what an impact he has had on my life and my wife's. I shared with him that even when I made my first appointment, I told myself I could just cancel it. So glad I didn't! :)
Mike
Married 57 years old. Made the decision to get an implant after several years of unsuccessful attempts using conventional medication which no longer worked. Titan 22cm w/Genesis pump implanted by Dr. Bruce Garber October 2017. Infrapubic approach.

Return to “Implants”