Grafting with implant surgery

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
ringo1

Grafting with implant surgery

Postby ringo1 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:04 pm

My online search shoes there are indeed surgical techniques to do skin drafting surgery along with the iplant surgery to restore some.lenght due to it PD...guys anyone knows about this or under gone one
37 yrs...ed due to single episode of trauma...had penile vein stripping... worst outcome ever..now trying towards an implant

DougAnd

Re: Grafting with implant surgery

Postby DougAnd » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:20 pm

Ringo,
You are playing with fire again. It is very risky. Even more scarring and nerve damage. Think twice there are no easy magical fixes. Each has its high cost and irreversible damage.
DougAnd
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:56 am

I actually asked this same question with one of the drs I consulted with. It was one who looked at me and said yep you have peyronies and you have 2 options. He could excise and graft or implant a titan. He would not do both at the same time. To much trauma to the penis. Excision and grafting by itself first would be ok but I would still need ed meds for an erection. The titan would fix the curve and cycling would get me some length back over time. And yes studies show cycling a titan will get back some length.

Slicing the scar tissue like some drs do was not discussed as at the time was not aware of that procedure.

I will say the dr scared me with the potential complications of having excision and grafting with an implant. The odds were greater it could actually lose blood flow and have to be removed totally or the glans would die and have to be removed. Complications dropped having one or the other. He also told me I could excuse and graft first and implant later. That should be ok with just normal potential complications. This was from a surgeon at a large medical hospital. I felt good enough about this dr if I was doing excision and grafting I would let him do that. He did not give me a good feeling about his implant surgery though. Not his main thing and just does it as part of his practice. Not rocket science, they open you up measure and install the implant. Easy peasy.

He did no tests though. Went to new dr. He did some tests. Found out I had a bad leak and if I had had the excision and grafting, the risk would have been for nothing. Still no erection. Would have fixed the plaquebut would have still lost length and had to wait even longer for an implant.

Moral of story, find a dr who does his job and listens to you. Took me 4 to do so. Make the best decision you can and go for it.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:15 am

DougAnd wrote:Ringo,
You are playing with fire again. It is very risky. Even more scarring and nerve damage. Think twice there are no easy magical fixes. Each has its high cost and irreversible damage.
DougAnd

I had total shaft replacement and have loss of sensation and absolutely not 1 cm in extra length. My surgeons botched it BIG and I had to travel 7 hours to see Dr. Brock and Dr. Gan to get partially fixed. I will NEVER be properly fixed without hundreds of thousands of dollars in plastic surgery and then there is no guarantee that I will ever have any sensation. NO THANKS. :)

Larry

Return to “Implants”