Placement of Pump

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
robertm

Placement of Pump

Postby robertm » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:25 am

I will be talking to my doctor soon about an implant. I want to discuss details about things like the placement of the pump in the scrotum. For guys who have had implants for a while, is there an "ideal" or "preferred" location for the pump? Do all doctors try to get it in the same place? It seems to be that low in the scrotum, behind the balls would be best. What has been your experiences?
60 yrs old. Gradually worsening ED for 10 years. Pills and trimix not working well anymore. Will need an implant in the near future.

Larry10625

Re: Placement of Pump

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:51 am

robertm wrote:I will be talking to my doctor soon about an implant. I want to discuss details about things like the placement of the pump in the scrotum. For guys who have had implants for a while, is there an "ideal" or "preferred" location for the pump? Do all doctors try to get it in the same place? It seems to be that low in the scrotum, behind the balls would be best. What has been your experiences?

Absolutely as low as possible in the scrotum. Some surgeons actually use a stitch or two in the bottom to "anchor" it... Because the pump becomes very "slickery" (like my new word - slick and slippery = slickery). It will go wherever it want to. My testicles actually didn't like their new room mate and moved out to an apartment right above the pump... hasn't had ANY effect on anything. :lol: :lol:

Larry

Richard Roberts

Postby Richard Roberts » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:23 pm

I'm only 5 weeks post op and have been cycling for just a couple of weeks. My pump is on my right, in front of my right nut. I haven't had any discomfort or problems with the location and cycling has been pretty easy. I haven't had scrotum discomfort or placement issues at all once the swelling passed.
AMS 700 LGX Nov 7, 2018. 64 yrs old. Diabetes. ED gradual for 8 yrs. Otherwise healthy and active.

RayChez

Postby RayChez » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:14 pm

Get the pump on the lowest point in the scrotum.
age: 75 First implant around 2001, 59 at the time. AMS 700 Ultrex
revision Dec 2016. 2ND implant 21CM, 1rte AMS 700 LGX MS pump

georgie

Postby georgie » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:45 am

Mine is all the way up under my scrotum. I told the DR it was too high and at my 6 week first pump he agreed. He told me that if its too painful he would have to move it down. SO get it done right the first time.
Found prostate caner April 2010 Had prostate removed July 2010. ED went down from there. Had implant AMS 700 Nov 12 2018.
Age 73. Married 51 years.

TomW46

Postby TomW46 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:26 pm

My first one was so high I could only barely grab it and required a contortion of my arm, wrist and hand to deflate. It never dropped and couldn't be pulled down. Thankfully, it was removed after 8 months. My new one is perfect. It hangs down behind and slightly below my balls. Access is now easy. It's also actually unnoticeable back there hidden. For me, low and behind is ideal.
Age 72, wife is 52. 20+1 cm Titan Touch implanted by Dr. Kramer on 18 October 2017. Revision to AMS LGX 21+2 cm on 11 June 2018 by Dr. Carrion at Tampa General. Age-related ED + slight Peyronies bend (left) and slight hourglass in the center.

Return to “Implants”