Post implant VED protocols

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Tsanchez12369

Post implant VED protocols

Postby Tsanchez12369 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:59 pm

Would guys share any post implant surgery protocols they were given for VED:
Who was your doc?
Was it recommended?
If so, why? (To maximize length gains, or girth, etc)
For how long and frequency? (Twice a day for 10 minutes pump)
How much pressure to pump, or number of hand pumps?
Inflate first?
Duration, such as for 6 weeks?
Did you do it?
How did it go?
Oh, if you also had excision/grafting did that modify the recommendation?
Thanks!
Sept 11, 2018: excision, grafting (human cadever tissue) and implant. Doc is Dr Edward Karpman in Mountain View, surgery at El Camino Hospital, LOS Gatos CA. AMS 700 CX infrapubic 18 cm + 3 cm RTE. http://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php

Tsanchez12369

Re: Post implant VED protocols

Postby Tsanchez12369 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:47 pm

Anyone, please?
Sept 11, 2018: excision, grafting (human cadever tissue) and implant. Doc is Dr Edward Karpman in Mountain View, surgery at El Camino Hospital, LOS Gatos CA. AMS 700 CX infrapubic 18 cm + 3 cm RTE. http://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:59 pm

Tsanchez12369 wrote:Would guys share any post implant surgery protocols they were given for VED:
Who was your doc?
Was it recommended?
Inflate first?
Did you do it?
How did it go?
Thanks!

This group frowns on post implant VED. That's there loss. So far I have found several uros who recommend it pre implant but none that do post. Well Latty's does. So I just tell them I'm using it. Period. I just had revision surgery. Instead if stitches in my scrotum I insisted on glue and waterproof bandages. That allows you to take a hot bath without chance of infection during healing. I waited till the 2nd day after surgery. While in the tub I ved'. Do so at least once a day. Because I can't use my pump for 2 weeks the ved keeps me from shrinking. In your case if you are not pumped when you leave the surgery center you will be trying to NOT shrink from the trauma of having your penis gutted. If you can convince your uro to give you 50% inflation then you will be using the ved simply to lessen the pain of your penis trying to shrink. That might be once an hour at times. But you only need to pump enough for the tip pain to go away.
Right now I have marked my tube and use that to judge pressure. I stop at 6 1/4". At about 3 weeks after surgery I will try to regain my 7.1" that I had last May in hopes of fixing my medically dangerous condition of uneven tips.
In my case because the right cylinder has deformed my penis I must fully deflate before ved or it causes a further bulge in that problem area. Larry I believe does both. Before my CAT scan showed that my right tip had deformed and turned inward against my urethra I would fully inflate, use VED to stretch out then inflate more while still under VED pressure then remove the VED. About an hour later my cylinders would finally catch up to my VED length. So far my best has been 6 5/8". But unless you keep up that length daily your penis will quickly shrink again. At 4 months + I am right at 6" without doing anything. So I'm pretty sure that is my implant length per design. But I can make it up to 7" using daily VED. In other words after I've VED stretched to 7" for a week or so when I go from flaccid to fully pumped my implant will give me 7".
My uro in Tampa wants to fix my problem using grafts. My implant has basically trashed the inside of my penis. The cylinders constantly wander around from top to bottom and twist my glans to boot. If I finally agree on having the inside chambers of my penis fixed I won't use VED for at least a year or so after maybe never. Then I'd switch to a good traction device.
I'm not a doctor and know nothing about your body. So use this with great caution if at all. Good luck
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:24 am

DougAnd wrote:
Tsanchez12369 wrote:Would guys share any post implant surgery protocols they were given for VED:
Who was your doc?
Was it recommended?
Inflate first?
Did you do it?
How did it go?
Thanks!

This group frowns on post implant VED. That's there loss. So far I have found several uros who recommend it pre implant but none that do post. Well Latty's does. So I just tell them I'm using it. Period. I just had revision surgery. Instead if stitches in my scrotum I insisted on glue and waterproof bandages. That allows you to take a hot bath without chance of infection during healing. I waited till the 2nd day after surgery. While in the tub I ved'. Do so at least once a day. Because I can't use my pump for 2 weeks the ved keeps me from shrinking. In your case if you are not pumped when you leave the surgery center you will be trying to NOT shrink from the trauma of having your penis gutted. If you can convince your uro to give you 50% inflation then you will be using the ved simply to lessen the pain of your penis trying to shrink. That might be once an hour at times. But you only need to pump enough for the tip pain to go away.
Right now I have marked my tube and use that to judge pressure. I stop at 6 1/4". At about 3 weeks after surgery I will try to regain my 7.1" that I had last May in hopes of fixing my medically dangerous condition of uneven tips.
In my case because the right cylinder has deformed my penis I must fully deflate before ved or it causes a further bulge in that problem area. Larry I believe does both. Before my CAT scan showed that my right tip had deformed and turned inward against my urethra I would fully inflate, use VED to stretch out then inflate more while still under VED pressure then remove the VED. About an hour later my cylinders would finally catch up to my VED length. So far my best has been 6 5/8". But unless you keep up that length daily your penis will quickly shrink again. At 4 months + I am right at 6" without doing anything. So I'm pretty sure that is my implant length per design. But I can make it up to 7" using daily VED. In other words after I've VED stretched to 7" for a week or so when I go from flaccid to fully pumped my implant will give me 7".
My uro in Tampa wants to fix my problem using grafts. My implant has basically trashed the inside of my penis. The cylinders constantly wander around from top to bottom and twist my glans to boot. If I finally agree on having the inside chambers of my penis fixed I won't use VED for at least a year or so after maybe never. Then I'd switch to a good traction device.
I'm not a doctor and know nothing about your body. So use this with great caution if at all. Good luck

Yes, I do both. My doctor is an international professor of urology and keeps very up to date on new procedures but also is not afraid to do a study to create new procedures. This is a good characteristic of a leader. :)

Larry

WyoMan

Postby WyoMan » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:59 am

The video included with my packet upon discharge from hospital after implant said that some urologists recommend VED after revision surgery. Why just after revision?
My urologist never mentioned it to me.
80; married 57 years; HBP well controlled, overweight. Prostate Arterial Embolization Jan 2017: No indication of cancer. Injections failed. Implanted Nov. 2, 2018. Dr. Karin Dolan, Billings, Mt. AMS LGX 15 cm+2 2.5 cm RTE. 65 ml reservoir.

wallyworld

Postby wallyworld » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:50 pm

From the Mayo Clinic web site. I didn't do a deeper dive:

"Penis pumps can be used with other treatments. A penis pump can be used along with medications or a penile implant. For some men, a combination of erectile dysfunction treatments works best."

Mark
63, ED 30+ yrs. Trifecta: MS (30 yrs), RP, (10 yrs), Afib (5 yrs). Injecting 30 yrs: PGE1 - Mega-quad mix. Injections achieve no success now as I add new diseases to my resume :D . Implanted Oct 22, 2018 LGX 15 cm x 12 mm + 4 cm RTE, CONCEAL reservoir.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:57 pm

Who was your doc?
Was it recommended?
Inflate first?
Did you do it?
How did it go?
Thanks!

So, as of the other day, my doctor - ,Dr. Brock and Dr. Perito both recommend the VED both pre and post implant. Dr. Perito says: inflate your implant as you would for cycling. Put the VED on and pump until it is comfortable but just before uncomfortable. Leave the VED on for 20 minutes. He says this and cycling 3 times a day - cycle for 30 minutes. He further says that Doctors who are saying NO, are not reading the latest journals and keeping up with advancements. Before anybody feels the need to attack me about this... think again. I am NOT doctor Perito and there are other doctors that agree. If yours does not, that's fine but, not my issue. :)

Larry

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:14 pm

I pumped assiduously for a year before implant and am convinced the practice helped maintain/regain recently lost length and elasticity.

I would pump after my implant but have trouble maintaining a vacuum seal because of the location of my pump.

Two questions:

Does anyone have any links to the medical literature supporting the practice of post-implant vacuum therapy? Please share them.

Does anyone have any similar issues of not getting a good seal and have any advice? My pump is kind of high and to the left and my left testicle sits on top of the pump body-getting a seal above the pump puts pressure on the testicle.

This subject is encouraging because I am just a fraction short of what I was able to achieve pre-implant. Girth and Length are just short of 6" and 5" and I do like round numbers. If I could get up to 6" x 5", that would be so nice. (15cm x 12cm just does not sound as good as 6 x 5).
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Bandit

Postby Bandit » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:15 pm

I ll add a question to what sheep asked about the seal. Unlike him i get a good seal however the tubing for my implant is close to the skin im guessing where it runs to reservoir. Pumping the VED gets very painful at that spot. Anyone else have this problem ?
Bandit
Born 1958, married. Prostate Cancer. RRP November/2014. PSA undetectable since. Implant May/2017 AMS700LGX 18 cm + 1.5 cm RTEs.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:06 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:I pumped assiduously for a year before implant and am convinced the practice helped maintain/regain recently lost length and elasticity.

I would pump after my implant but have trouble maintaining a vacuum seal because of the location of my pump.

Two questions:

Does anyone have any links to the medical literature supporting the practice of post-implant vacuum therapy? Please share them.

Does anyone have any similar issues of not getting a good seal and have any advice? My pump is kind of high and to the left and my left testicle sits on top of the pump body-getting a seal above the pump puts pressure on the testicle.

This subject is encouraging because I am just a fraction short of what I was able to achieve pre-implant. Girth and Length are just short of 6" and 5" and I do like round numbers. If I could get up to 6" x 5", that would be so nice. (15cm x 12cm just does not sound as good as 6 x 5).

I don't have what you are looking for BUT, In the past two weeks I have spoken to Dr. Eid, Dr. Perito, Dr. Kramer and Dr. Brock... all support VED therapy except Dr. Kramer, who is indifferent. Dr Perito says pump it up to where it's comfortable but the next pump would not be. Leave it 20 minutes. Do this twice a day.

Larry

Return to “Implants”