Scrotal swelling

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Newparts

Scrotal swelling

Postby Newparts » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:12 am

Good morning guys. I had my surgery Wednesday (4 days ago). I traveled home yesterday and my scrotum was as big as a softball when i got home. This morning i am still really swollen and feels fluid filled like a water balloon and is black and blue. 1. Did your scrotum swell up like this? 2. How did you get it to go down? 3, How long does it take to get it down? 4. How in the world could someone start cycling? I can feel the hard ball of my pump but cant feel the defalte mechanism at all like trying to find needle in haystack.
38 years old. Married 13 years, two beautiful daughters. ED since my youth, never a good explanation for cause. Pills worked for years but stopped working well. Implanted 11-28-18 with titan 22cm + 1cm RTE by Dr. Kramer.

WyoMan

Re: Scrotal swelling

Postby WyoMan » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:40 am

Hi Newparts, (Great name)
Yes, My scrotum got big like that as well as my foreskin at 3 days. It even reduced urine flow so I started self catheratization. It slowly subsided, but was still some at two weeks. I did ice it quite a bit, but wonder if it helped much. Just no way to compare if I hadn't iced.
I agree-no way would I cycle at that time. My Dr had said before that at two week visit I would start cycling, which was still somewhat painful. (Dr's PA did deflate some the third day and that was very painful).
Now at four weeks yesterday I'm cleared to use it, and it feels fairly normal during the day. Dr said no more followups needed unless I have a problem.
But my wife had wrist surgery last Tuesday so it will wait until she is comfortable.
80; married 57 years; HBP well controlled, overweight. Prostate Arterial Embolization Jan 2017: No indication of cancer. Injections failed. Implanted Nov. 2, 2018. Dr. Karin Dolan, Billings, Mt. AMS LGX 15 cm+2 2.5 cm RTE. 65 ml reservoir.

crobin1

Postby crobin1 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:40 am

mine as well. I am now 17 days post-op. My swelling has gone down to normal on the right side. The left side where everything took place and where the pump comes down is still swollen (but no pain), but slowly/incrementally getting better each day.

My advice...

1) Ice if your friend.
2) If you can take a anti-inflammatory like Aleve... (medically I cant)
3) Stay off your feet
4) Relax about the cycling...cant do it with that much swelling.
5) Hang in there!
59 Peyronies diagnosed 2 1/2 years ago...Kramer implanted a AMS CX 21cm 1.5 RTE on 11/15/18.

Mr stuby

Postby Mr stuby » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:49 am

mine was back and blue red and blue and every collar of the rainbow ice take a brake ice some more. two weeks
its better three weeks i started to get horny as a two peckerd owl four weeks used it yes yes??????????
at three weeks passed kidney stones two trips to er shock way pissing chunks of stones with a still swollen
dick and good looking 21 yr. old nurse telling me now you know what its like having a baby keep ask questions
if need be. no such thing as a stupid question
mike
74yr.old married 54yrs pc11/13 rad seed implants started ved 1/14 .implanted 11/20/2016 ams lgx 18+1 11 up 8 down 6 1/2 flaccid 7 5/8
local uro sanford health,

s. central N.D.
MIKE

tow1366

Postby tow1366 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:10 pm

Early days for you. Took 2 weeks before my (light) swelling stopped.

You will have no chance of finding the deflate button until they give you the model/sample. As soon as you get that and the swelling has reduced you can take a hot bath and feel around.

Pretty easy once you have the model

Patience. Im 5 weeks out, first 3 weeks were horrendous and without this forum I would have struggled. But having used in anger twice already Im delighted
45 years old. Diabetic T2
ED for 3 years followed by Peyronies 90 degree bend upward
Titan Touch Implant 26 October 2018
Mr Hegarty - Dublin, Ireland

RayChez

Postby RayChez » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:12 pm

Apply ice packs every four hours if possible. My scrotum got so black I got scared and went to the ER. He called it a hematoma and gave me a prescription. But he also said it was because of the revision and to keep putting ice packs. I believe it took like a week before it started to look white again.

As far as to cycling they did not let me cycle for six weeks because it was a revision. The only thing he did tell me was to softly in a pinching motion to the scrotum to prevent the MS pump to avoid scare tissue in the scrotum. That way the pump would just float around with the two testicles and not be consumed by the scare tissue.

At six weeks he gave the green light to cycle and have sex. But every thing was still a little tender so I just waited on the sex part for a few more days and eventually it all went away. I was very happy with the results of the LGX cylinders with the extra girth and added length. The only thing that gave me some problem was the MS pump, now I am getting it replaced. According to Jamie of AMS, she said it was very unusual that the pump failed, but if it is mechanical it can happen which it did.
age: 75 First implant around 2001, 59 at the time. AMS 700 Ultrex
revision Dec 2016. 2ND implant 21CM, 1rte AMS 700 LGX MS pump

Return to “Implants”