Surgical Notes

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Larry10625

Re: Surgical Notes

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:55 am

DaveKell wrote:
Larry10625 wrote: When the patient asks for copies, it usually costs and raises a lot of flags as to why you want them. :)

Larry

It's a HIPPA encoded law they have to provide them to you regardless of why you want them.

Yup, agreed... but they still get antsy when people ask for them because it frequently leads to a complaint about something. :)

Larry

navy6587

Re: Surgical Notes

Postby navy6587 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:09 pm

FYI: for you all who have asked, the Operative Report written by my surgeon only said the following:

"Bilateral corpora were then dilated using Metzenbaum Yankauer and 12 French Brooks dilator. Bilateral sides were measured and found to be 24 cm bilaterally. I then copiously irrigated with antibiotic irrigation. The decision was made to use 22 cm cylinder with 2 centimerters of rear-tip extender."

Hope that helped. Now, if I were a questioning man, I'd wonder WHO made the decision to use 22 cm cylinders? The surgeon or the Coloplast rep who was in the OR? And WHY????? Did she only bring along 22 cm cylinders? Were they the only ones or the longest ones? I could really get crazy second guessing the report quote. Bottom line for me is I'm kind of glad I got a single RTE. I believe it holds the cylinders more securely in the crus. And the fact is the fit is great! The distal tips fit very nicely against my glans. I left the surgicenter about 75% inflated and am now "deflated" following the 1 week follow-up appointment. I feel that in both cases, my cylinders stayed put and didn't create some of the floppy head issues others have experienced. Believe me, I have 'exercised' myself at least 3 times in the last 4 weeks and find that all the right fluids are still available when I'm turned loose to use my new gear and nothing has gotten out of place with all that tingling excitement. Just sayin'.....

Edd
74; ED at 50. Fired by 1st doc (Szobota - VA Uro) too many q's & contact w/ Coloplast rep. New doc: Ellen (VA Uro) implanted 11/8/18. 22cm Titan + 2cm RTEs; moron docs, product rep, intake/ dischg nurses! NEVER again! L- 6.75"; G- 5.5" oval.

Return to “Implants”