Surgery take 2

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
kosh200

Surgery take 2

Postby kosh200 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:32 pm

So, yesterday, I went under the knife for what I thought would be a 20 minute procedure for wound repair 3 months post implant. Once they opened me up, they found a “track “ that lead to my pump with yellow/clear fluid. This is usually indicative of infection but after the labs were sent back —-NO BACTERIA at all! My MD said in all his career he hasn’t had one case w/o bacteria! He cleaned out all the scar tissue, irrigated to sac with antibiotics and moved the pump to the other side for a more “ pristine location. Well I’m hopeful that this will put a stop my issues and I can finally use it.
45 years old. Diagnosed with Peyronies over 5 years ago. Successfully implanted on 9/6/18 with a Coloplast Titan 18 cm + 3 cm RTEs 4.5”-1st Activation, 6.25” three months of cycling. Dr. Levine. Chicago, Illinois

kosh200

Re: Surgery take 2

Postby kosh200 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:53 pm

FishingTime67 wrote:
kosh200 wrote:So, yesterday, I went under the knife for what I thought would be a 20 minute procedure for wound repair 3 months post implant. Once they opened me up, they found a “track “ that lead to my pump with yellow/clear fluid. This is usually indicative of infection but after the labs were sent back —-NO BACTERIA at all! My MD said in all his career he hasn’t had one case w/o bacteria! He cleaned out all the scar tissue, irrigated to sac with antibiotics and moved the pump to the other side for a more “ pristine location. Well I’m hopeful that this will put a stop my issues and I can finally use it.

I have had fluid gather around my reservoir twice with both times no infection.
My last implant done on Nov. 12 doc got in there and fluid was around my reservoir and around the cylinder but no infection anywhere.. my doc thinks my body was trying to reject the implant.i had Titan. Could be the type of material that Titan uses..
I like the Titan and the performance it gave me.
I went with AMS cx this time ..Both brands are good!!

Fishingtime-

Can you answer a few questions? Did you get the revision because of the fluid buildup? We’re you able to have sex while the fluid was there? My fluid is by my pump. Thank you
45 years old. Diagnosed with Peyronies over 5 years ago. Successfully implanted on 9/6/18 with a Coloplast Titan 18 cm + 3 cm RTEs 4.5”-1st Activation, 6.25” three months of cycling. Dr. Levine. Chicago, Illinois

kosh200

Postby kosh200 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:17 pm

I was implanted 9/6. They moved the pump to the other side. It worries me that after they moved your resovoir you still had fluid. Still haven’t had sex yet.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:27 pm

I had a hydrocele after my second implant. I called Dr. Kramer and asked him if I could stick a needle in it and drain it myself. He gave me his o.k. and told me it would likely be full of yellow fluid and the yellow fluid would be lymph. I drew out 3 vials full and stored them for several weeks to see if they grew bacteria. No bacterial growth. I think he was correct that it was lymphatic fluid. It matched his description and had an oily type feel like blood does. Very likely you had the same thing. Dr. Kramer told me that lymph collections like that will often resolve on their own but can take 6 months or more to do it. Cheers man. Hope all is well.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

kosh200

Postby kosh200 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:37 pm

alibaba wrote:I had a hydrocele after my second implant. I called Dr. Kramer and asked him if I could stick a needle in it and drain it myself. He gave me his o.k. and told me it would likely be full of yellow fluid and the yellow fluid would be lymph. I drew out 3 vials full and stored them for several weeks to see if they grew bacteria. No bacterial growth. I think he was correct that it was lymphatic fluid. It matched his description and had an oily type feel like blood does. Very likely you had the same thing. Dr. Kramer told me that lymph collections like that will often resolve on their own but can take 6 months or more to do it. Cheers man. Hope all is well.

Alibaba-
Yes! The fluid was yellow and oily. It kept coming through a weak part in my scrotum. I hope this new procedure he did will resolve this. You definitely put me at much more ease. My only pain is the pump being in it’s new spot. Thank you all for the encouragement.

Also, fishingtime- what will the baths do to help the situation? Thank you

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:18 pm

FishingTime67 wrote:
kosh200 wrote:
alibaba wrote:I had a hydrocele after my second implant. I called Dr. Kramer and asked him if I could stick a needle in it and drain it myself. He gave me his o.k. and told me it would likely be full of yellow fluid and the yellow fluid would be lymph. I drew out 3 vials full and stored them for several weeks to see if they grew bacteria. No bacterial growth. I think he was correct that it was lymphatic fluid. It matched his description and had an oily type feel like blood does. Very likely you had the same thing. Dr. Kramer told me that lymph collections like that will often resolve on their own but can take 6 months or more to do it. Cheers man. Hope all is well.

Alibaba-
Yes! The fluid was yellow and oily. It kept coming through a weak part in my scrotum. I hope this new procedure he did will resolve this. You definitely put me at much more ease. My only pain is the pump being in it’s new spot. Thank you all for the encouragement.

Also, fishingtime- what will the baths do to help the situation? Thank you

Not that the baths will get rid of the fluid. But will promote healing and help relax the scrotum so things won't be so tight and pulled up.

Agreed. Also, when you start cycling, the hot water makes the rubber on the pump a little softer and easier to pump. The bath is very relaxing :)

Larry

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:33 pm

Here it is simple.
When first injured or after surgery, ice helps reduce swelling. Your body rushes fluid to the damaged area to help. Ice slows that flow as tissue constricts when cold thus reduces initial swelling.

Heat on the other hand speeds up the flow of fluid as your body is trying to cool the area. This process helps carry away fluid that is trapped that causes the swelling (edema). Normal process is usually considered to change to heat after about 3 days for most injuries and some surgeries.

Heat when first injured or immediately after surgery will increase swelling. See above for reason.
Last edited by alibaba on Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:12 pm

alibaba wrote:Here it is simple.
When first injured or after surgery, ice helps reduce swelling. Your body rushes fluid to the damaged area to help. Ice slows that flow as tissue constricts when cold.

Heat on the other hand speeds up the flow of fluid as your body is trying to cool the area. This process helps carry away fluid that is trapped that causes the swelling (edema).

Heat when first injured or immediately after surgery will increase swelling. See above for reason.

100% agree. :)

Larry

kosh200

Postby kosh200 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:33 pm

Thanks alibaba!

Return to “Implants”