A husband's grief

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Donnie1954

A husband's grief

Postby Donnie1954 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:00 pm

Frank Talk is so much more than just a support site for brothers with ED. For me it is family. I posted this under implants because I met my brother Colin, CTR5000 discussing our implants. My brother Colin just lost his husband, Jim 10 days ago. Jim suffered tremendously before his death. We have all been touched by death by the time we reach my age but the death of a spouse, our life companion, is devistating. Pray for our brother and his family during this most difficult time. Thank you brothers,
donnie1954@mail.com
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

newbie443

Re: A husband's grief

Postby newbie443 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:49 pm

Sorry for your loss and condolences.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

CTR5000

Postby CTR5000 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:55 pm

Thank you for making this post on my behalf, Donnie. Right now everything is still so very raw for me. My husband Jim was actually scheduled to be discharged on the day of his passing but the night before, they just couldn't get his lungs to keep his Oxygen saturation up. Also that night, his pH level dropped to a drastically low point. That alone was a sign that the end was near and the most loving, compassionate choice I could make was to allow the doctors to go the Palliative Care route for Jim... meaning no more therapeutic or "heroic" tries.... rather, devote all efforts purely to Jim's comfort and peace.

As time allows me catch my breath, and take a few steps toward some bit of closure, I'll be back in chat and offering what I can on the boards once again. Thank you all for just "being you". You all will be a big part of my eventually reaching that closure I desperately need.

Hugs to all ~
Colin
CTR5000@comcast.net

CTR5000

Postby CTR5000 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:09 am

Thank you all for your support over the loss of my husband Jim on November 16th. I wanted to share with you just this bit of who he was to me and to others. Jim's "Celebration of Life" will be held on December 8th, two days after he would have turned 60. Without Jim and his encouragement, I never would have sought out and found each of you here in this wonderful group.

Love and hugs ~
Colin

Born in Chicago, IL, Jim was the loving husband of Colin T. Robinson, the son of the late Frank J. and Mary Ellen Folan Vokoun and the brother to the late Thomas Vokoun and Carol Ann Frazier, wife of Jim Frazier.

Jim was a graduate of The University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign where he earned his Bachelor’s degree in Music Education and Master’s in Music Theory and Composition. He was a member of the Professional Music Fraternity Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia, in which both he and husband Colin were brothers, from separate universities and years of initiation.

He was an active member of and held leadership roles in the Colt 45’s in Houston, and also served on the Board of Directors for The Philadelphia AIDS Consortium (TPAC), was active with the fundraising committee for Philadelphia FIGHT and was a close friend of the Action Wellness Organization.

In the leisure time he had from all of his work and special devotion to charitable work, Jim enjoyed traveling, working with rescued Mixed Basenji dogs, composing music, analyzing scores from Sousa Marches to Mahler Symphonies, performing on piano, saxophone, and electronic synthesizer, especially with the music ensembles of BuxMont Unitarian Universalist Fellowship. But above all, James cherished the times he spent with his family and his devoted husband Colin. James will be greatly missed but forever loved by everyone who had the pleasure to have been in his life and to have been loved by him.

In addition to his husband Colin, especially among these loved ones are Jim’s and Colin’s “sons-by-choice”, Donald Post and Heath Story. Jim is also survived by his brothers Michael Vokoun and his wife April and Robert Vokoun and his wife Gloria as well as numerous nieces, nephews, great nieces and great nephews, and friends far too numerous to list, from both the Vokoun and Robinson sides of the family.
Jim’s Memorial Service will be held on Saturday, December 8, 2018 at 1:00 p.m. in the BuxMont Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, 2040 Street Rd Warrington, PA 18976.

Immediately after the service, there will be a time to meet the family and share light refreshments while also sharing fond memories of Jim together, in BuxMont’s fellowship hall. Interment will be private.

In lieu of flowers, please consider contributions in Jim’s memory to Philadelphia FIGHT at http://www.fight.org or to Action Wellness at http://www.actionwellness.org
Attachments
Jim Obit Photo 2 for FT.PNG
Jim Obit Photo 2 for FT.PNG (408.67 KiB) Viewed 1583 times

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:19 pm

I read the story of how you met. It was beautiful. May God give you his comfort and peace as you 'go on'. Take care my brother. With my love,
donnie1954@mail.com
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:20 pm

Thanks for the note Colin and a million hugs again. Message me again. We've lots to visit. Cheers man. d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Return to “Implants”