Should I Cancel My Implant Surgery?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
SeaRover

Should I Cancel My Implant Surgery?

Postby SeaRover » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:34 am

I’m interested in opinions about whether I should cancel my December 3 penis implant surgery given new information about my heart condition. My heart problems began 21 years with a heart attack and a cardiac bypass.

I have two cardiologists who are partners. Cardiologist #1 is a general cardiologist. Cardiologist #2 is an electro physiologist who handles my afib.

My urologist required a cardiac clearance to approve surgery. I went to cardiologist #1 for the clearance. #1 put me through an echocardiogram and a nuclear stress test. Based on the results of those tests, #1 gave me the clearance in early November. I had not discussed the results of those tests with #1, but assumed they must be normal.

The day before Thanksgiving I met with #2. He discussed the test results with me. He was alarmed to see that the tests showed my ejection fraction was only 30%. An EF of 30% puts me in the heart failure group.

#2 said I could go ahead with the surgery but that he wants to do more tests after the surgery.

I feel fine.

I plan to discuss this with my urologist tomorrow, but I’m interested if there is anyone here with a similar experience who can give me an opinion as to whether I should go ahead with the implant surgery.
73. Implant was scheduled for 12/3/18, with Dr. Carrion, Tampa, FL, until I was switched to a rookie surgeon at the last minute without notice or explanation. Obviously, I canceled the surgery. Sorry I picked Carrion in the first place.

warrenw

Re: Should I Cancel My Implant Surgery?

Postby warrenw » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:05 pm

From my experience it was the anesthesiologist who had to review and approve the cardiac clearance before surgery.
Have you had any feedback from the anesthesiologist about whether he would approve you for surgery?
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

SeaRover

Postby SeaRover » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:50 pm

warrenw wrote:From my experience it was the anesthesiologist who had to review and approve the cardiac clearance before surgery.
Have you had any feedback from the anesthesiologist about whether he would approve you for surgery?

No.
73. Implant was scheduled for 12/3/18, with Dr. Carrion, Tampa, FL, until I was switched to a rookie surgeon at the last minute without notice or explanation. Obviously, I canceled the surgery. Sorry I picked Carrion in the first place.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:32 pm

warrenw wrote:From my experience it was the anesthesiologist who had to review and approve the cardiac clearance before surgery.

If a general anesthetic is deemed too risky, a spinal block or something like it might carry an acceptable risk. Discuss with BOTH the implant surgeon and the anesthesiologist
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:03 am

Lost Sheep wrote:

If a general anesthetic is deemed too risky, a spinal block or something like it might carry an acceptable risk. Discuss with BOTH the implant surgeon and the anesthesiologist

That's a great idea Sheep.
I had a heart attack and require a triple bypass. Then just before my bypass, my liver function tests were seriously abnormal due to a medication I use to take for psoriasis. My surgery went the following week and I was fine. Both of your doctors have cleared you for surgery, I would proceed as scheduled. When you have the implant and are healed and using it, you will happier than you have been in a very long time. Do you remember your very first orgasm? It's like that, only better. :)

Larry

Tsanchez12369

Postby Tsanchez12369 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:57 pm

My mom has about the same EF Score and has been through two major surgeries since with no signif problems.
Sept 11, 2018: excision, grafting (human cadever tissue) and implant. Doc is Dr Edward Karpman in Mountain View, surgery at El Camino Hospital, LOS Gatos CA. AMS 700 CX infrapubic 18 cm + 3 cm RTE. http://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php

SeaRover

Postby SeaRover » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:56 am

Thanks for the valuable information. What a great resource this forum is.

Dr. Carrion will do the surgery and, perhaps, keep me overnight.

He suggested that his goal would be to do a 3-piece inflatable, but if cardiac complications arose, he would switch to a malleable.

I've heard a lot of negative stuff about malleables. So, I requested that if cardiac complications arise and he feels he can't do the 3-piece, do nothing at all.

I feel great. I think there's very little chance that there would be cardiac complications.

Any thoughts?

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:17 pm

Small world. Dr Rafael Carrion is the one who is helping me fix my botched implant. I failed my EKG before my implant. They sent me to another cardio and he approved my surgery. I'm still alive. Scheduled for another EKG on the 3rd next week before my surgery on the 4th. I chose Dr Kata of Kissimmee do move my pump because Dr carrion wanted to slice and dice my penis first and then move my pump. I didn't tell Dr Kata about all of the other problems and he did not ask soooo
I expect to fail my EKG again on the 3rd. May not be having surgery on the 4th. The plot thickens.
If I were you and you feel good I'd take the green light and go. Good luck and say hi to Dr Carrion for me but please do not tell him I'm having surgery on the 4th. Oh yes, you don't know who I am. Just as well.
Good luck!
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

SeaRover

Postby SeaRover » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:54 am

Doug,

Thanks for the info and the words of encouragement.

I'm going in Monday at 6:15 a.m. with surgery by Dr. Carrion scheduled for 9:15 a.m.

Really looking forward to my new life after the implant.

Best

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:08 am

SeaRover wrote:Doug,

Thanks for the info and the words of encouragement.

I'm going in Monday at 6:15 a.m. with surgery by Dr. Carrion scheduled for 9:15 a.m.

Really looking forward to my new life after the implant.

Best

May the good lord guide the hands of the skilled surgeon that will heal you. :)

Larry

Return to “Implants”