Holding Pattern

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
kosh200

Holding Pattern

Postby kosh200 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:36 pm

So, I got implanted on 9/6, healed well except a pesky 1 mm spot on my incision that kept opening up and weeping a clear yellow fluid. Unfortunately this one spot will not heal. I am not a diabetic and the rest of the incision looks great. There are no signs of infection ( puss, foul odor, scar tissue running down to pump, fever, redness). So, on Monday, I am going under the knife again. He is going to remove the bad tissue, irrigate the scrotum inside with antibiotics and sew me back up with stitches.

I am trying to stay positive about this. I know the end result will be amazing. I’m actually very satisfied with my length ( even though it is much smaller post Peyronies) and can’t wait to use it for the first time. I just feel like I’ve been in a holding pattern this whole time. If anything, maybe my story could be a cautionary tale that there may be speed bumps with this procedure, but it is important to keep the eye on the prize.
45 years old. Diagnosed with Peyronies over 5 years ago. Successfully implanted on 9/6/18 with a Coloplast Titan 18 cm + 3 cm RTEs 4.5”-1st Activation, 6.25” three months of cycling. Dr. Levine. Chicago, Illinois

dg_moore

Re: Holding Pattern

Postby dg_moore » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:33 am

My incision was also very slow to heal. After a couple of months my surgeon re-sutured it and in a couple of weeks it was fine - no problems.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Return to “Implants”