Cycling advice

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
WyoMan

Cycling advice

Postby WyoMan » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:38 pm

I'm cleared for cycling since last Friday, but I think I'm having Trouble. I feel the 'pop' on first pump, but the bulb is so hard to squeeze that I don't want to try very long. I must be getting some pumped as when pushing deflate button I feel fluid flowing back. My sack is not tender, but the pressure needed caused pain quickly. A warm shower is all I need to find the pump easily.
I feel that I have only been able to get about 50% erection so far, maybe up to '9:00 o'clock". I hope it gets better. I haven't been able to pump to discomfort yet, but last night there was a lingering ache for a couple hours..
Also, you fellows with AMS LGX how soft do the cylinders become when deflated. Mine are definately still very firm. But trying to deflate more doesn't change any thing. That brings up another question. Do you have to hold the deflate button more than 4-5 seconds. Does it remain in deflate mode without holding the button?
80; married 57 years; HBP well controlled, overweight. Prostate Arterial Embolization Jan 2017: No indication of cancer. Injections failed. Implanted Nov. 2, 2018. Dr. Karin Dolan, Billings, Mt. AMS LGX 15 cm+2 2.5 cm RTE. 65 ml reservoir.

Bubba1956

Re: Cycling advice

Postby Bubba1956 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:14 pm

The cyclinders become very soft and flexible with the LGX. I was implanted in October. The bulb was very hard at first to squeeze. The Pop you hear is normal, it resets the pump for inflation. When I deflate the device I hear and feel a little squeal allowing the fluid to return to the reservoir. The flaccid look and feels very natural. I would like to Post pics if I can figure out how. you can PM me with a cell phone number I can forward some pics
I am 62 years old. Full blown Ed for 10 years. married for 18 years. my urologist dr. Kershen. Implanted October 15,2018. AMS 700 LGX 18cm length by 12 mm diameter I live in Coleman, Mi. USA : 8-) )

RayChez

Postby RayChez » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:19 pm

The pain will all go away with time. The ball on the ms pump is firm and can be a little on the hard side to squeeze. I personally do not like the MS pump. I have had problems with it since I had my revision 20 months ago and it finally just quit working. I am having it replaced Jan 11, 2019. I did not want to have the surgery done during the holidays. But while it was working it was really great. The LGX gave me the length I used to have and great girth. But again I will say that in my opinion the MS valve is a poor design check valve.
As to your penis staying parcel inflated, it might be that you still have some swelling because mine all I had to do was press the button one time and it would instantly go flaccid. Others might have different experience with the deflating. Like I said mine did not work right and that is why it will be replaced.
age: 75 First implant around 2001, 59 at the time. AMS 700 Ultrex
revision Dec 2016. 2ND implant 21CM, 1rte AMS 700 LGX MS pump

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:20 pm

Bubba1956 wrote:The cyclinders become very soft and flexible with the LGX. I was implanted in October. The bulb was very hard at first to squeeze. The Pop you hear is normal, it resets the pump for inflation. When I deflate the device I hear and feel a little squeal allowing the fluid to return to the reservoir. The flaccid look and feels very natural. I would like to Post pics if I can figure out how. you can PM me with a cell phone number I can forward some pics

Here is how to post pics. :)

Larry
Attachments
Photo Instructions.jpg.docx
(358.55 KiB) Downloaded 99 times

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:25 pm

WyoMan wrote:I'm cleared for cycling since last Friday, but I think I'm having Trouble. I feel the 'pop' on first pump, but the bulb is so hard to squeeze that I don't want to try very long. I must be getting some pumped as when pushing deflate button I feel fluid flowing back. My sack is not tender, but the pressure needed caused pain quickly. A warm shower is all I need to find the pump easily.
I feel that I have only been able to get about 50% erection so far, maybe up to '9:00 o'clock". I hope it gets better. I haven't been able to pump to discomfort yet, but last night there was a lingering ache for a couple hours..
Also, you fellows with AMS LGX how soft do the cylinders become when deflated. Mine are definately still very firm. But trying to deflate more doesn't change any thing. That brings up another question. Do you have to hold the deflate button more than 4-5 seconds. Does it remain in deflate mode without holding the button?

If you sit in a tub of water as hot as you can stand it makes the rubber softer to squeeze. Or you can use an electric heating pad. When I deflate I hold the button with my right hand and squeeze my penis with the left until I can't hear or feel the saline returning to the reservoir. Then I gently squeeze the pump until it clicks.. that prevents backfill. You mat have it twisted a little somewhere in there... keep trying and squeeze as hard as you need to. Good luck. :)

Larry

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:29 pm

RayChez wrote:The pain will all go away with time. The ball on the ms pump is firm and can be a little on the hard side to squeeze. I personally do not like the MS pump. I have had problems with it since I had my revision 20 months ago and it finally just quit working. I am having it replaced Jan 11, 2019. I did not want to have the surgery done during the holidays. But while it was working it was really great. The LGX gave me the length I used to have and great girth. But again I will say that in my opinion the MS valve is a poor design check valve.
As to your penis staying parcel inflated, it might be that you still have some swelling because mine all I had to do was press the button one time and it would instantly go flaccid. Others might have different experience with the deflating. Like I said mine did not work right and that is why it will be replaced.

Hey RayChez;
I have not ever had any problems with my pump, except a little backfill which I easily fix. Maybe you just got a lemon of a pump. :)

Larry

RayChez

Postby RayChez » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:02 pm

Yea! I think it was just a lemon because the first one I had was a different type of pump. I had to squeeze the box to deflate, but hell it lasted 15 years. I was hoping the revision would have lasted just as much and I would not need another surgery, but it was not meant to be. lasted only 20 months. Doctor said he would try and change the pump only, but if it does not work with the new pump, then the problem must be somewhere else and a complete revision would be done again.

I called Jaime and she said that since the cylinders and reservoir had not been on me over five years that it was alright for the doctor to just change the ms valve. I am hoping that is the problem. We will see what happens.
age: 75 First implant around 2001, 59 at the time. AMS 700 Ultrex
revision Dec 2016. 2ND implant 21CM, 1rte AMS 700 LGX MS pump

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:28 am

Early on, I found the pump for my LGX to be very firm, but it got better over time. In the first months, the only easy way to infate was in a tub of hot water. It not only made finding the pump and the deflate button easier, but made the pump softer and easier to press.

Contrary to what others have posted, I've found that the deflated cylinders still feel a little stiff. I'm definitely stiffer when flaccid than before the implant. For the first few months, I also felt some achiness/pain from squeezing hard to deflate. That pain lasted longer than most of the other pains from the implant. Maybe I was squeezing too hard or it was just from inflating and deflating multiple times a day.

Finally, I had trouble at first with deflation. I couldn't really tell if the button was pressed or not, and it seemed like I had to hold the button in place while squeezing. That may have been me just not understanding, however, as now I can push the button in once and the cylinders start to deflate. To get fully flaccid, I do have to squeeze on my penis, but the valve stays open. Much like the little click you feel when you start to inflate, I now feel that click when I hit the deflate button. I don't know why I didn't feel that before, but between the click and a little buzzing from the flow of saline, it's very clear now when the deflate button has been successfully pushed.

As we all know, this whole process just takes patience. It will get better.

Quincy
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

crobin1

Postby crobin1 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:45 pm

Quick Quesiton:

On the AMS pump, is it the same on the CX as the LGX?
59 Peyronies diagnosed 2 1/2 years ago...Kramer implanted a AMS CX 21cm 1.5 RTE on 11/15/18.

Return to “Implants”