"Health" Insurance Co. has won! I lose!

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
NeedleD

"Health" Insurance Co. has won! I lose!

Postby NeedleD » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:23 am

After 2 1/2 years of using Trimix/Quadmix, my venous leak has fought every injection, and lumps in my shaft have suddenly started from injections. My Uro told me to cease injecting.
I decided it might be time to get an implant 5 months ago.
My Uro agreed and joined in the fight to get approval for the implant.
My Uro belongs to a elite group of Uro's in Chicago, they and then Coloplaste joined to help in the fight (very kind of Coloplaste). I have given up as the Insurance Co is sticking to their guns and will NEVER approve a Implant procedure even though my Uro has proved physical/organic problems have caused my ED that's been haunting me for 15 years. They don't offer it in ANY plan so I can't even "buy up" for next year!
They (Cigna) have said repeatedly "You don't have coverage for ED" as they cover NOTHING, NO Implants,no pills etc.
I guess I'll wait (4 years and 10 months) for Medicare to kick in (if there still is Medicare) to get the procedure.

PS I pay thru the nose for this insurance thru my employer, top tier program.

Depressed but dealing with it!

Cheers to all that have accomplished getting a implant!
Use Super Quadmix due to severe Venous leak.Have a GREAT DAY!

rdnkbiker

Re: "Health" Insurance Co. has won! I lose!

Postby rdnkbiker » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:47 am

Hey Need
sorry to hear about your insurance that's who I had was CIGNA and had okayed and gave a confirmation to my Doc than denied 3 days before surgery......atleast you learned a head of time my one hour surgery that ended up up 5hrs because of all the severe scaring... and 96k dollars later......that im stuck with well they get there check every month probably will need a replacement long before before its ever payed for lol...….im like you hopefully will be on medicare by then...………...I know theres a few on here that bought there own insurance that covered it and dropped there plan used it and then went back but that was years ago with all the insurance changes not sure a guy could do that any more.....Good Luck we all deserve to feel good about ourselves

Jim
HBP since my 20s Full ED i was 55 when i received my implant January 17th 2017 sever scare tissue through corpora cavernosa clear to the glands (no blood flow) complete revision new equipment july 10th 2023 AMS CX 21cm by DR.William Brant very happy

David_R

Postby David_R » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:53 am

Sometimes urologists' offices will go to bat for you with the insurance company, pointing out that if they cover breast reconstruction after a mastectomy (which improves the woman's life but is not physically necessary to keep her alive), then they should cover penile implants for the same reason (improves the man's life but is not physically necessary to keep him alive). You/they may have already tried this. Just thought I'd bring it up (again).

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:42 pm

It doesn't make sense. I'm so sorry for you being turned down. I had Cigna for Disney cast members. I had no problem getting approved. I think documentation is essential. I also had radiation treatments for prostate cancer and was unable to achieve any erection without a VED. Keep fighting my brother.
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Return to “Implants”