auto inflation not a device defect problem?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Maverick2dog

auto inflation not a device defect problem?

Postby Maverick2dog » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:54 pm

7 months in I will be having a revision.

It is hard for me to believe that Colopast pumps start out with auto inflation problems then magically get better as time goes by. Also hard for me to believe that if there is an auto inflation problem with Colopast implants that they can not find the fix.

7 months in I am still having significant auto inflation problems. My doc and the doc I got a second opinion from at first thought it was a pump issue. The thought now is that the cylinders in my corpus are stimulating the tissue in the corpus causing the tissue to do what it does, engorge with blood.

Could some of the auto inflation problems be a reaction to the cylinders in the corpus and not a device issue? Could explain why the issue gets better with time as the body adjusts to having the implant.

I appreciate my doc hanging in with me and not just saying get use to it. One thing I read on this site is to make sure you get a good doctor. My original doc is the doc that is doing my revision would not have it any other way.
Last edited by Maverick2dog on Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
59 years old. Forth revision 10/2021
Third revision 9/21 moved pump replaced one cylinder AMS CX 21+ 3. Second revision January 31st 2019 AMS CX 21,+2CM RTE. First revision November 15th, 2018 24CM CX .5RTE. Implanted 4/2018, Titian 22CM 2.5 RTE

Larry10625

Re: auto inflation not a device defect problem?

Postby Larry10625 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:25 pm

Maverick2dog wrote:7 months in I will be having a revision.

It is hard for me to believe that Colopast pumps start out with auto inflation problems then magically get better as time goes by. Also hard for me to believe that if there is an auto inflation problem with Colopast implants that they can not find the fix.

7 months in I am still having significant auto inflation problems. My doc and the doc I got a second opinion from at first thought it was a pump issue. The thought now is that the cylinders in my corpus are stimulating the tissue in the corpus causing the tissue to do what it does, engorge with blood.

I was put on proscar, medication, and the auto inflation stop altogether for about 2 weeks. No pain no pressure no unwanted inflation. At 6 weeks on meds I was having some auto inflation but still much better. Unfortunately I can’t tolerate the meds and had to stop taking. The inflation issues returned, not as bad but not tolerable.

Could some of the auto inflation problems be a reaction to the cylinders in the corpus and not a device issue? Could explain why the issue gets better with time as the body adjusts to having the implant.

I appreciate my doc hanging in with me and not just saying get use to it. One thing I read on this site is to make sure you get a good doctor. My original doc is the doc that is doing my revision would not have it any other way.

Maverick; Bare with me.. When I start to pump my LGX, I can hear and feel a tiny little click which is the pump preparing to transfer saline UNDER PRESSURE to my implant. I had the back fill problem and I just pumped until I heard or felt the little click (less that one full squeeze) and left it that way... the back fill problem stopped. Does the Titan make that little click and if it does, give that a try. :)

Larry

Maverick2dog

Postby Maverick2dog » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:45 pm

I have the the original pump not the one touch. I don’t have any noise that I hear. I had an MRI showing the cylinders to be empty. Tried all the tricks I have read so this site. Also when I was on the meds I had no back flow at all for several weeks . Makes me think it is not the pump.
Third revision 9/21 moved pump replaced one cylinder AMS CX 21+ 3. Second revision January 31st 2019 AMS CX 21,+2CM RTE. First revision November 15th, 2018 24CM CX .5RTE. Implanted 4/2018, Titian 22CM 2.5 RTE

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:51 pm

Maverick2dog wrote:I have the the original pump not the one touch. I don’t have any noise that I hear. I had an MRI showing the cylinders to be empty. Tried all the tricks I have read so this site. Also when I was on the meds I had no back flow at all for several weeks . Makes me think it is not the pump.

OK, sorry buddy... I give up... a perplexing problem for sure. I hope you get it straightened out before too long. :)

Larry

Maverick2dog

Postby Maverick2dog » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:01 pm

Larry,

If all goes well I will have this taken care next week. Doc has a plan to fix this. It does require a revision.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:53 pm

Maverick2dog wrote:Larry,

If all goes well I will have this taken care next week. Doc has a plan to fix this. It does require a revision.

My fingers and toes are crossed for you. :)

Larry

Maverick2dog

Postby Maverick2dog » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:43 pm

Hey Larry

I am now a proud owner of a AMS 24cm CX. The surgery was done on the 15th, and it was considerably more difficult than planned.

There was so much scar tissue on the right side that he could not pull the cylinder into place. He had to make an incision just below head so he could clean out the scar tissue on the right side. He also dialated the corpus tissue as much as possible, that should stop the unwanted inflation that I was getting all the time. Not having a semi erection all the time has made significant improvement. I am not having pressure and pain all the time!

Doc left my penis pump up some. I can say the hang look great. Much more natural feeling than my Titian. I am also very confident that my dick will get as hard as my wife an I want.

Just hoping the rest of the healing process goes well.

I
Last edited by Maverick2dog on Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:52 pm

Did they have to swap out the pump and reservoir during the revision?
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Maverick2dog

Postby Maverick2dog » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:33 pm

Hey Tomas,

They did replace everything. I went from a Coloplast to a AMS Cx. Doc said if the reservoir was to difficult to get to he would leave it in. It was not a problem.

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:23 pm

I've always wondered if parts from both major suppliers are interchangeable. Thanks for the answer.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Return to “Implants”