Newly Implanted

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
navy6587

Re: Newly Implanted

Postby navy6587 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:35 am

Well done! Looks good. I had mine done last Thursday, 11/8, and for the most part all went well. Only one Percoset used post-op. Procedure included a Ventral Penoplasty to get rid of my 'turkey neck' skin in my scrotum. My ongoing issues are not from the procedure but my hospital recovery process and follow on problem with not peeing on Saturday/ Sunday evening. Had to have my wife take me to the ER at 2:30 am and be re-catheterized. UGH! Recovery issue: when I awoke post-op, my eyes teared, burned, and felt as though I had sand in them. This condition continued for another 9 hours and was more painful than the procedure!! I cried with the pain. I felt as though the surgi-center gave me the bums rush to get me gone. No one seemed to care. I commented to that effect on the satisfaction survey I found in the discharge paperwork my wife signed and a patient portal message to my surgeon. Maybe I was alergic to something I got by I.V. Really more pissed about that than anything else. I'm inflated about 70% and it's very uncomfortable to sit straight in a chair. See Dr. Ellen this Thursday, 11/15, to be deflated and discuss disposition of catheter. GLAD it's done. On to getting better! Pics when I learn how to reduce the MB size.
74; ED at 50. Fired by 1st doc (Szobota - VA Uro) too many q's & contact w/ Coloplast rep. New doc: Ellen (VA Uro) implanted 11/8/18. 22cm Titan + 2cm RTEs; moron docs, product rep, intake/ dischg nurses! NEVER again! L- 6.75"; G- 5.5" oval.

PeterLBC

Postby PeterLBC » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:20 am

navy6587 wrote:Well done! Looks good. I had mine done last Thursday, 11/8, and for the most part all went well. Only one Percoset used post-op. Procedure included a Ventral Penoplasty to get rid of my 'turkey neck' skin in my scrotum. My ongoing issues are not from the procedure but my hospital recovery process and follow on problem with not peeing on Saturday/ Sunday evening. Had to have my wife take me to the ER at 2:30 am and be re-catheterized. UGH! Recovery issue: when I awoke post-op, my eyes teared, burned, and felt as though I had sand in them. This condition continued for another 9 hours and was more painful than the procedure!! I cried with the pain. I felt as though the surgi-center gave me the bums rush to get me gone. No one seemed to care. I commented to that effect on the satisfaction survey I found in the discharge paperwork my wife signed and a patient portal message to my surgeon. Maybe I was alergic to something I got by I.V. Really more pissed about that than anything else. I'm inflated about 70% and it's very uncomfortable to sit straight in a chair. See Dr. Ellen this Thursday, 11/15, to be deflated and discuss disposition of catheter. GLAD it's done. On to getting better! Pics when I learn how to reduce the MB size.

Sounds like they rushed you out of there ASAP . That sucks. I had the complete opposite experience. The whole staff at UCI Medical including my doc have been amazing. A+

That catheter was the worst - them pulling it out was probably the most pain I’ve felt during this whole experience. Sorry you had to go through that again.

FYI - I used my MacBook to downsize the pics. “Export” file and save at a lower resolution.

Heal well brother.
39 year old. Primary Hypogonadism. TRT+ pills worked for years then didn't. TRIMIX for 2 years but too much pain and scarring made things worse. Implanted w/ Titan 20cm + 1 cm RTE 11/6/18. Activated and started having sex again at week 4.

navy6587

Postby navy6587 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:37 am

Thanks, Peter...

Had a long talk with the gal who receives the patient satisfaction survey just 45 minutes ago. She assured me that the discharge issue would be looked into. Let's see if I can provide some pics for y'all. I may have to send them one at a time since they're all pretty big file sizes.

Onward to healing!
74; ED at 50. Fired by 1st doc (Szobota - VA Uro) too many q's & contact w/ Coloplast rep. New doc: Ellen (VA Uro) implanted 11/8/18. 22cm Titan + 2cm RTEs; moron docs, product rep, intake/ dischg nurses! NEVER again! L- 6.75"; G- 5.5" oval.

navy6587

Postby navy6587 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:46 am

Let's try this again...

This is Friday morning post op with 'wrap' falling off.

navy6587

Postby navy6587 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:48 am

Trying again with another pic...

Friday post op without the catheter...

navy6587

Postby navy6587 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:49 am

Today's re-catheterization and leg bag pic...

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:52 am

navy6587 wrote:Thanks, Peter...

Had a long talk with the gal who receives the patient satisfaction survey just 45 minutes ago. She assured me that the discharge issue would be looked into. Let's see if I can provide some pics for y'all. I may have to send them one at a time since they're all pretty big file sizes.

Onward to healing!

What brand, size and number of RTE's did you end up getting?? :)

Larry

navy6587

Postby navy6587 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:06 pm

Ya know, I was only told that I was getting a Coloplast Titan Touch. Other details were not given to me post op (i.e. cylinder size, number of RTEs if any, etc.). Maybe the 1 week follow up with Dr. Ellen will tell me. I know that in my discharge packet, I got a card from Coloplast with the inflate/ deflate instructions and a 'to whom it may concern' message on the front that I will carry in my wallet.

I will also address the surgical notes this Thursday.

Edd

PeterLBC

Postby PeterLBC » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:49 pm

navy6587 wrote:Ya know, I was only told that I was getting a Coloplast Titan Touch. Other details were not given to me post op (i.e. cylinder size, number of RTEs if any, etc.). Maybe the 1 week follow up with Dr. Ellen will tell me. I know that in my discharge packet, I got a card from Coloplast with the inflate/ deflate instructions and a 'to whom it may concern' message on the front that I will carry in my wallet.

I will also address the surgical notes this Thursday.

Edd

Similar here. I know it's a Titan just not sure what size cylinders or how many/size RTE's were used. I got that generic Coloplast Titan card as well....I hope to get details this week at my post op visit. Prior to surgery my Doc said he'd max me out. So far i think he did, but time will tell.
39 year old. Primary Hypogonadism. TRT+ pills worked for years then didn't. TRIMIX for 2 years but too much pain and scarring made things worse. Implanted w/ Titan 20cm + 1 cm RTE 11/6/18. Activated and started having sex again at week 4.

PeterLBC

Postby PeterLBC » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:53 pm

One week post op tomorrow.... bit less bruising and the swelling is finally going down. Pump still feels like it's riding high on my left. Not sure if my left nut is over or under the tubing so i don't move it around much - just trying to pull it straight down. Any advice?
Attachments
IMG_7806.jpg
IMG_7806.jpg (738.76 KiB) Viewed 1379 times

Return to “Implants”