Just AMS and Titan?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Raptorpilot

Just AMS and Titan?

Postby Raptorpilot » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:26 pm

Does anyone know of any other implants other than AMS and Titan? I heard there is a Swiss manufacturer available in some countries! Not looking forward for my fourth pump in 6 years but I want to explore every option of pumps.
58 & married. Titan implant in 2013 by Dr. Garber. 2014 1st revision done by Dr. Garber with Titan again. Third revision done with Dr. Kramer in August 2017 with Titan. 10/10/18 third Titan failure. Now in the process of setting up a fourth!

DroptheMike

Re: Just AMS and Titan?

Postby DroptheMike » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:33 pm

My doctor swears by the older Titan pump, the Genesis pump. I'm told it's simpler design results in less failures.
Mike
Married 57 years old. Made the decision to get an implant after several years of unsuccessful attempts using conventional medication which no longer worked. Titan 22cm w/Genesis pump implanted by Dr. Bruce Garber October 2017. Infrapubic approach.

Lost Sheep

Re: Just AMS and Titan?

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:16 pm

There are other makers elsewhere in the world, but I believe only those two are certified for use in the U.S. and also considered to be superior to any others.

Someone correct me if I am wrong on either count.

Keep in mind that both AMS and Coloplast DO make more than the three most commonly implanted models. (AMS CX, AMS LGX and Coloplast Titan)
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “Implants”