AMS LGX pump failure?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Leek65

AMS LGX pump failure?

Postby Leek65 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:30 pm

Yesterday I suspected something was up when my penis didn't seem as firm (or long) making penetration next to impossible. This evening in the warm tub I inflated my implant as much as I could and I would guess it is about 50% or less It is moderately firm (not rock hard) and definitely shorter. Even trying more pumps after 15 minutes, 30 minutes and an hour it clearly is not getting any firmer or longer. ☹️

This has me very discouraged because my insurance will definitely not pay for a revision, although I suppose Medicare will cover a portion. When I had the original procedure in 2015 they paid what Medicare didn't. I had to have a revision to relocate the pump in 2016 and they denied it. After several levels of appeals they paid but said payment of the original implant was in error and any further procedures were excluded from coverage.

I know I am getting ahead of myself. I would guess others here have had similar issues with AMS implants. I assume it has to be the pump, a leaking cylinder or reservoir would be obvious. I suppose I can talk to the rep about this issue. Can anyone with similar experience/issue offer comments? You can even send me a PM.
Age 68 - AMS LGX 12+2cm. Lost over an inch from pre-ED length but thicker for what it's worth (not much). ED result of heart meds.

alibaba

Re: AMS LGX pump failure?

Postby alibaba » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:58 pm

If you have Medicare then you are presently in the soon to end enrollment period for your insurance supplemental. Find something that will cover your meds and an implant unless you are in a retirement plan that cannot be changed. What about the bit some say to squeeze the crap out of the sides of that block of concrete pump and then hit the valve and pump it. Supposedly Boston Scientific has a fix like that. Shame it is such a tender area that you can't take a hammer and beat it when a piece of crap does not work. :shock: d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:22 pm

Keep trying to pump. Keep resetting it. Give it a couple pumps, then deflate. Try it many times then try pumping again as normal.

Bandit

Postby Bandit » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:14 pm

Hey Leek
So definately try to grab the sides of the block and squeeze like Ali suggested. I had to do it and mine reset. Also you dont say if when you cant get any harder what the actual pump does. Is it rock hard and stops pumping or are you able to pump it and it feels soft. Also, i would press the deflate button hard so that when you start to pump again you can feel the pop. Really sucks if there is a problem. Call the rep and hopefully they have suggestions too. Good luck.
Bandit
Born 1958, married. Prostate Cancer. RRP November/2014. PSA undetectable since. Implant May/2017 AMS700LGX 18 cm + 1.5 cm RTEs.

Leek65

Postby Leek65 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:04 pm

Bandit wrote:Hey Leek
So definately try to grab the sides of the block and squeeze like Ali suggested. I had to do it and mine reset. Also you dont say if when you cant get any harder what the actual pump does. Is it rock hard and stops pumping or are you able to pump it and it feels soft. Also, i would press the deflate button hard so that when you start to pump again you can feel the pop. Really sucks if there is a problem. Call the rep and hopefully they have suggestions too. Good luck.
Bandit

This afternoon in a hot tub I did just as Ali suggested then just recycled a few times and like magic it is working properly again for now at least. I know the whooshing sound when you press the release. Now if I want to totally deflate it I bend my dick as someone suggested to get more saline out of the cylinders. When it appears to be fully inflated, about 15 pumps, if I wait a while the bulb gets hard for a couple of squeezes again but am not sure it is really makes it any harder or longer. Still waiting for that squeeze that gives me an extra inch long and around... :lol:
Age 68 - AMS LGX 12+2cm. Lost over an inch from pre-ED length but thicker for what it's worth (not much). ED result of heart meds.

Return to “Implants”