Implant Activation

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
crobin1

Implant Activation

Postby crobin1 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:14 pm

I just read in Kramers post op instructions that he recommends activating the device at 4-6 weeks ...

"You will typically schedule a follow up appointment if you live within a reasonable distance of the medical center. This will be at about 4-6 weeks after the initial procedure, to “activate” your device, and make sure it works and teach you how to use it. Do not attempt to manipulate the prosthesis after surgery until you are cleared to do so at your post-operative visit. "

I believe I read where Eid, had his patients cycling a few days after surgery.

Any experience or comments on either of both protocols?

Kramer also says....

A certain amount of fluid remains in the cylinders at all times. This is to prevent formation of scarring on a completely deflated cylinder. It is therefore normal for patients to feel that a partial or full erection is present during this post-operative period. As swelling subsides, stretching of the penis will occur and the penis will eventually return to a more flaccid (soft) state.

so it seems I will have to wear sweats for a month?
59 Peyronies diagnosed 2 1/2 years ago...Kramer implanted a AMS CX 21cm 1.5 RTE on 11/15/18.

ED2013

Re: Implant Activation

Postby ED2013 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:22 pm

Many surgeons have different protocols. Yes it’s possible you may have to wear sweats for a while.

Return to “Implants”