Just had implant sugery on the 31 of March

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Matdam

Just had implant sugery on the 31 of March

Postby Matdam » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:10 pm

Its been one month and I'm still having some pain, the implants are partially filled and my incision under my penis is still not completely healed. I went through a lot of pain for the 1st 3 weeks and after listening to most everyone else I feel like I have had a rougher time than most. I'm due back to my Dr on May 4th but I don't think I'll be ready to pump it up. I can't seem to be able to drain this thing, I squeeze the fluid out while depressing the release but it fills right back up. Can anyone else relate to what I'm going through?

uptwoit

Re: Just had implant sugery on the 31 of March

Postby uptwoit » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:26 pm

Heu Guy....surprised that you recovery time has lasted longer than most. What unit did they implant? And, I gather you had a scrotal incision. Releasing the button pretty much emptys my cylinders....leaving just enough fluid to let it hang in a semi-state.....holding the button while squeezaing midway and at the base of my dick allows most of the "extra" fluid to leave the cylinders and it hands pretty flaccid like.....By week 3, my bruising was gone, and the swelling also...tenderness remained for a couple more weeks.
Hope the total recovery is quick....like most of us, it was something we should have done years ago.

jackpTenn

Postby jackpTenn » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:06 pm

That is a long time to still having that many problems.

The soreness I could understand if the doctor left you partly or mostly inflated, but you push the botton and the implant fills right back up. Should not happen. Can you tell me which implant you have?

If you have an AMS implant send me an email to jwp104@att.net and I can forward you a copy of the patient users guide from AMS along with a couple of other hints from AMS.

Good Luck, and keep us posted.

Jackp
Peyronies 1995
Penile Implant 10/08
Dr. Douglas Milam @ Vanderbilt
Normal Again

Minnesota

Postby Minnesota » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:28 am

Guys lets take a step back, not everyone is the same. THIS IS NOT A LONG TIME! I was told to recover for 6 weeks and I needed it! Each doctor is different. My advice...DO NOT TOUCH THE PUMP UNTIL YOU ARE WITH YOUR DOCTOR! It will only freak you out and could cause you ALOT of pain. The first time I deflated my implant was with my doctor 7 weeks after the surgery date. Do not be in a rush!

Or we can setup a chatroom time.
Diagnosed with ED at age of 19, Implanted with Coloplast Titan at age 20. Now 34 (2023)
Titan failed 09/2020, replaced on 10/2/2020 by Kolher @ Mayo Clinic in Minnesota

Matdam

Postby Matdam » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:56 am

Thanks for all the feedback, it was a coloplast titan they implanted. I think part of the problem might be that I'm not hitting the release button, the pain has subsided quite a bit but it's still tender. I have an appt with my Dr on the 4th of May. we'll see what happens.

Minnesota

Postby Minnesota » Sun May 02, 2010 1:24 pm

I have the Titan as well. It is not a "button" that has to be pushed, but both sides of the top of the pump. They are like 2 bars and if you hold the pump correctly, you will be able to feel what I am talking about. As you are trying to deflate (again please dont do it unless your doctor said you could) it helps to look at a picture of the Titan pump. Then you will know exactly what you are feeling. The Titan is not the easiest to deflate out there, but it works very well.
Diagnosed with ED at age of 19, Implanted with Coloplast Titan at age 20. Now 34 (2023)
Titan failed 09/2020, replaced on 10/2/2020 by Kolher @ Mayo Clinic in Minnesota

Matdam

Postby Matdam » Sun May 02, 2010 3:14 pm

My Doctor gave me a replica of the pump device and I see what your talking about with the bars, I have tried to depress them while squeezing out the fluid in the chambers as instructed, I guess I'm not squeezing the bars hard enough, I don't feel like I'm depressing them at all while I'm doing it. I will be seeing my doctor again in a couple of days and hopefully get this thing figured out. Thanks again for your help, I appreciate it.

Minnesota

Postby Minnesota » Sun May 02, 2010 10:47 pm

No problem. I am actively using my pump and full recovered and sometimes I still do not press hard enough for the full release. You will get used to it over time. The worst part of recovery for me was breaking in the pump and the 3 weeks of "practicing" before I could use it in the bedroom. Pumping was tender and sometimes painful...very slow process.

Matdam

Postby Matdam » Tue May 04, 2010 6:35 pm

I saw my doctor again today, he said I still had some swelling in my scrotum and that was the reason I was having so much trouble getting the release to work, Basically I just need to be patient and finish healing before I start trying to cycle. He suggested we wait another couple of weeks before we do anything else.

Minnesota

Postby Minnesota » Fri May 07, 2010 12:37 pm

Doesn't suprise me. Not only is the pump stiff and very very awkward the first week you practice, I 100% would not want to start pumping and releasing when I have swelling and tenderness. It's a good thing you will be waiting. Make sure if your doctor hasn't told you this already to gently pull down on the pump so it doesnt travel "north" on you. This way it will settle at the bottom of the scrotum and the tubes will not seem like they have excess length.

Return to “Implants”