Uneven tips dilemma

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
DougAnd

Uneven tips dilemma

Postby DougAnd » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:04 pm

Drove about 80 miles on Monday to see Uro #6 about my uneven tips and unusable pump. He had no advice for the tips and said to wait a month before he would consider moving the pump. Today I drove 300 miles through hurricane Michael to see Uro #7. I have to laugh when you guys keep saying listen to your doctor. Which one? #1,2,3,4,5,6 or 7? Anyway I had already given up on the tips and went straight for the pump being moved. Doctor Carrion was one of the implant pioneers in Florida. He took one look and completely burst my bubble of having a normal steady improvement with my implant.
He felt me and said uh oh. Never a good sign. Your left tip has migrated into the same chamber as your right one. I said how is that possible they are both completely surrounded by separate tunicas. Not exactly he said and then drew a picture. Where the right and left chambers overlap there is no tunica, just as he put it pillars in between. I see this all the time. Last time I heard that phrase uro #2 was trying to calm me down about having a leakage of 6 on both sides. That is never a good sign. I'm going tomorrow to schedule a ct scan to verify his findings. Then back to Tampa. He said the surgery would have 3 parts. Didn't tell me what 1 or 2 were but said part 3 was moving my pump. My wife thinks that all 3 are done at once. He did tell me that one of the other parts was to restore my chambers. You put in a sleeve I asked. Let's see the results before we go into that. Another red flag. Not a phrase you ever want to hear a surgeon say. Basically we are talking about graphs, plural. And that means slicing and dicing my penis. But hey maybe not right? Damn right, it's never going to happen. My wife is already planning on me being out of work from December on.
Just to recount reading between the lines and body language Before surgery I made sure it was very clear that I would never consent if my tips were not completely even. The AMS nurse promised they would be within 1 MM. 3 times I asked. Don't worry I'll take care of you. The night after surgery I find out that my right tip is about 1/4" higher than my left. Catheter comes out and I bleed and burn for 2 days. The next night I awake with severe right tip pain. Urinate and it burns like fire inside my glans. Took an oxy finally got to sleep. The next morning my underwear are covered in blood. I pee more blood and burning for hours. The right tip is now pointed 90 degrees into my urethra. I was sent home pumped 20%. So now I am in a hot shower desperately trying to deflate before it's too late. After 15 or 20 minutes of pure agony finally it buzzes. I thought I was good to go. But apparently the right tip had already torn the barrier open and shortly after that my left tip migrated into it. Then my penis takes a permanent 90 degree bend. No wonder when I pump up my penis twists like a pretzel. One side moves up almost on top. But my glans and its shaft remain normal. Feels very strange but doesn't look that much different.
Any way the good news is that I have no infection and no more bleeding. He said if it does not get worse and can just watch it closely and live with it. So next visit will probably be to move my pump unwind the tubes from around my penis and call it good. At least until there is a problem
The ct scan may change all of that. Hope not. Positive thoughts. Good vibes. White Karma and all that
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

DougAnd

Re: Uneven tips dilemma

Postby DougAnd » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:17 pm

Forgot to mention that he pointed out my pump has actually grown onto my scrotum skin. He;s right. Inspite of my every effort to avoid that there is one spot that seems glued to the pump. Right now I am trying my best to break it free. No luck yet but I will win this one believe me.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

newbie443

Re: Uneven tips dilemma

Postby newbie443 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:42 pm

Doug, I have had problems as well however nothing as severe as what you are going through. I really hope 7 is your lucky number and all will be fully corrected. Sending my best wishes your way. Please keep us updated on how things go.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Return to “Implants”