Burning in urethra 6 weeks post op

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Jamie7891

Burning in urethra 6 weeks post op

Postby Jamie7891 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:43 pm

Hey so I’m 6 weeks post op implant and has healed well
But upon ejaculation I get a burning sensation at tip of penis had local doctors check it no infection with blood or urine testing.... is this normal there was a catheter in 6 weeks ago but it should of healed by now

???
31 year old :D tried pills for 5years
Trimix too painful and not spontaneous

Was implanted by dr katelaris on 13/8/18 in Sydney Adventist Hospital
With AMS 700 LGX 21cm & 3cm RTE
Revision failed pump
Dr katelaris on 23/3/2020

alibaba

Re: Burning in urethra 6 weeks post op

Postby alibaba » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:20 pm

Jamie7891 wrote:Hey so I’m 6 weeks post op implant and has healed well
But upon ejaculation I get a burning sensation at tip of penis had local doctors check it no infection with blood or urine testing.... is this normal there was a catheter in 6 weeks ago but it should of healed by now

???

I had burning as well as some others I talked to with the first implant. Seems the doctor swabs everything including the catheter with iodine swab. Having used full strength iodine, then diluted for 50 years, I know it can be quite caustic to mucous tissues. This might be your burn. Another reason could be some urine is still retained in your urethra with the implant in there now. I think the tips that never deflate are a bit of that. I still have burning if I do not get all the urine out, sometimes takes a second trip back to the bathroom. Sitting to pee does help too. Those would be my theories on it. We are not the only ones. Someone else I talked to here about a year ago said they had the same issue and sitting to pee and a little extra effort to wring it out helped him too. I "squeegie" it down to the tip and hold it for a few seconds. It will seem nothing else is going to come out, then a few drops do. I think the tips have some to do with it. A couple people say their glans plumps up a little when they pee after an implant. Mine does. That may block a little urine too. Try that and see if it helps. Does it burn like you need to pee like when you have an infection? That is the feeling I get. Urinalysis is a regular part of my checks and I never have had anything there.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Jamesmj

Postby Jamesmj » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:19 pm

???

Hey Jamie,
I had the exact same problem and it lasted months. After 3 negative urinalysis and more time, it suddenly started to get better.
I still have it once in a while mostly with pre-ejaculation (when fully inflated).
I cannot explain the reason, my theory is that the hard tips irritate the urethra and semen has a pH that irritates it even more.

It will get better
James
James. 38 yo. Lifetime ED. Tried pills, injections, and therapy.
Implanted 03/29/18 Titan 22cm with Dr. Eid

Hereiam

Postby Hereiam » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:41 am

Jamesmj wrote:

???

Hey Jamie,
I had the exact same problem and it lasted months. After 3 negative urinalysis and more time, it suddenly started to get better.
I still have it once in a while mostly with pre-ejaculation (when fully inflated).
I cannot explain the reason, my theory is that the hard tips irritate the urethra and semen has a pH that irritates it even more.

It will get better
James
Hi I have the same I think. It is painful with ejaculation. I got the implant almost 4 weeks ago. Your urine cultures and analysis came out normal? How long does it take to improve?
27 years old. Venous leak. Considering seriously an implant

Jamesmj

Postby Jamesmj » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:19 am

Hi!

The burning I had was mostly with pre-ejaculation when inflated and sometimes after ejaculation. This burning lasted months and was very uncomfortable. As mentioned on my post, I had at least 3 negative tests for infection and I never managed to get an explanation for the problem.
I am near 8 months post surgery and the burning is now gone. I think it took me around 6 months.
Sometimes I still feel it but now I just don't pay attention to it because I truly believe it is benign and part of my personal healing process.

My advise is for you to get a urine culture and a urinalysis, and if all is fine, just give it time because it will probably be gone in some weeks.

James
James. 38 yo. Lifetime ED. Tried pills, injections, and therapy.
Implanted 03/29/18 Titan 22cm with Dr. Eid

Return to “Implants”