Coloplast pump=lockout? Easy?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
DougAnd

Coloplast pump=lockout? Easy?

Postby DougAnd » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:11 am

My difficult journey continues. Was on 3 pumps to help stop shrinkage, my AMS pump tip buried in my penis actually rises up when fully pumped cannot inflate without being locked out. Finally got 3 pumps and left it for days. Yesterday made an executive decision to use VED and stretch out to safe length to stop my right tip pain and distal rubbing. 3 sets of five on five off. First set perfect, got the pump positioned so it didn't hurt too bad. Second set made 6", my goal 6.5"my presurgery length. 3rd set had just begun, blood from my urethra. Stopped me cold. Months ago I blew out my glans with too much pressure never had blood. This time I had barely any pressure only stretched 1/8". Peed and the burning returned like 5 days following surgery. But no more blood. At work burning and a clot of blood at bottom of toilet. Last night spot of blood in toilet again min burning. I'm not an expert but it feels like this right tip is still trying to push through into my urethra. I plan on used VED to keep me stretched beyond my 5 7/8" implant length until I can get my pump moved and I can start cycling. Also I didn't realize it but my VED deflated the pump and right now it is locked up solidly. Have tried and tried to unlock, no joy.
You guys with Titan Coloplast, do your pumps have a lock out safety? Or can you just pump and pump until you just cannot push? It is very easy to use or do you need to learn, lots of time and effort to finally get it right?
I'm thinking about finding someone who will put a Coloplast pump on my AMS LGX. Just need to know if I'm wasting my time and getting another lousy product.
Thanks, back to trying to unlock this thing, very painful slips alot and catches my nut. OUCH!!!!! again and again and again again again,,,,,,
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Tsanchez12369

Re: Coloplast pump=lockout? Easy?

Postby Tsanchez12369 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:09 pm

Maybe call the manufacturer rep if doctors can’t activate it. If they hear you used the VED, it may void the warranty though.
Sept 11, 2018: excision, grafting (human cadever tissue) and implant. Doc is Dr Edward Karpman in Mountain View, surgery at El Camino Hospital, LOS Gatos CA. AMS 700 CX infrapubic 18 cm + 3 cm RTE. http://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php

RayChez

Postby RayChez » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:19 pm

I believe using the VED you are asking for trouble. If you just had surgery wait until the thing heals up. Put ice packs to bring the swelling down. My doctor would not let me do anything the first four weeks on a revision. Six weeks before he gave the green light to start pumping it up. So far I am very satisfied on size over all. Not satisfied on the MS pump though. The valve hangs up every once in a while.

Don't worry about size. It will all come back later on.
age: 75 First implant around 2001, 59 at the time. AMS 700 Ultrex
revision Dec 2016. 2ND implant 21CM, 1rte AMS 700 LGX MS pump

Tsanchez12369

Postby Tsanchez12369 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:59 pm

Does AMS make only one type of pump?
Sept 11, 2018: excision, grafting (human cadever tissue) and implant. Doc is Dr Edward Karpman in Mountain View, surgery at El Camino Hospital, LOS Gatos CA. AMS 700 CX infrapubic 18 cm + 3 cm RTE. http://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:04 am

DougAnd wrote:My difficult journey continues. Was on 3 pumps to help stop shrinkage, my AMS pump tip buried in my penis actually rises up when fully pumped cannot inflate without being locked out. Finally got 3 pumps and left it for days. Yesterday made an executive decision to use VED and stretch out to safe length to stop my right tip pain and distal rubbing. 3 sets of five on five off. First set perfect, got the pump positioned so it didn't hurt too bad. Second set made 6", my goal 6.5"my presurgery length. 3rd set had just begun, blood from my urethra. Stopped me cold. Months ago I blew out my glans with too much pressure never had blood. This time I had barely any pressure only stretched 1/8". Peed and the burning returned like 5 days following surgery. But no more blood. At work burning and a clot of blood at bottom of toilet. Last night spot of blood in toilet again min burning. I'm not an expert but it feels like this right tip is still trying to push through into my urethra. I plan on used VED to keep me stretched beyond my 5 7/8" implant length until I can get my pump moved and I can start cycling. Also I didn't realize it but my VED deflated the pump and right now it is locked up solidly. Have tried and tried to unlock, no joy.
You guys with Titan Coloplast, do your pumps have a lock out safety? Or can you just pump and pump until you just cannot push? It is very easy to use or do you need to learn, lots of time and effort to finally get it right?
I'm thinking about finding someone who will put a Coloplast pump on my AMS LGX. Just need to know if I'm wasting my time and getting another lousy product.
Thanks, back to trying to unlock this thing, very painful slips alot and catches my nut. OUCH!!!!! again and again and again again again,,,,,,

Have you ever tried to pump you implant as far as you can, then apply the VED and then keep trying to inflate the implant more? Just get to where there is resistance until you start getting positive results. It's only been a month my friend... give it time. Try this stuff in a bath tub with the water as hot as you can stand it. Think positive thoughts. Good luck. :)

Larry

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:15 pm

Larry,
You've had a coloplast before right? Does the pump simply stop because you cannot apply more pressure or does it keep going forever?
Here's the problem My pump is in the way of my VED. Last time I pumped up just firm put on the VED and stretched to 6". Took of the VED went to inflate my implant further and the Ved pressing down had not only deflated the implant but it locked up took 2 days to finally get it unlocked. This is a no win situation. Looking to get the pump moved.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:34 pm

I had a discussion with someone a few weeks ago about their AMS implant and using a vacuum pump. He said the tapered shape of the penis that is common with an AMS (I had a taper too; that was one of my complaints) can be overcome using the vacuum pump cylinder. He said he and a few others he had talked to had all used it and found it helpful, otherwise it takes many months to stretch out the upper end of the silicone so there is no-longer a taper (my case).

I still have not found the literature on the Coloplast lock-out but it plainly states to pump the bulb 1 time and it will lock the pump to prevent refill which is what I do and I have no issue. Cheers.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:01 pm

That is exactly the same with AMS. The first pump makes a click as it resets the pump. Allows fluid to come back into the cylinders. So there may be no difference unless the Titan does not automatically lock out more fluid coming in after a certain pressure is reached. That is my question can you pump a Titan like a million times or does it just become too hard to pump any more?

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:48 am

DougAnd wrote:Larry,
You've had a coloplast before right? Does the pump simply stop because you cannot apply more pressure or does it keep going forever?
Here's the problem My pump is in the way of my VED. Last time I pumped up just firm put on the VED and stretched to 6". Took of the VED went to inflate my implant further and the Ved pressing down had not only deflated the implant but it locked up took 2 days to finally get it unlocked. This is a no win situation. Looking to get the pump moved.

In a bath tub full of water as hot as you can tolerate, tug your pump to the bottom of your scrotum. Keep doing that until the water cools (or you turn to look like a prune, whichever comes first). Do that every day possible until your pump comes down. Then, as a maintenance manoeuver, do the same thing every time you shower... you gotta wash your bag anyway. My doc put a couple of stitches to hold mine down... boy am I ever glad he did. :)

Larry

Return to “Implants”