Coloplast revision by Dr. Eid - with photos

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Larry10625

Re: Coloplast revision by Dr. Eid - with photos

Postby Larry10625 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:12 pm

maxxxxx wrote:
Basmach wrote:Thank you for sharing this with us. My Coloplast Titan failed last week, had it for 3 years and I believe it’s due to the leak. After Doing more research I realised that it is a pretty common prblem and lots of implants fail due to this problem and on average after 3-4 years. I just hope that we wouldnt have to replace our inplants every 3-4 years. Anyone else have heard about this? I also know that coloplast doesnt admit that they have this problem.

Yes, i have coloplast and i'm afraid of this. I have heard many stories about failed after 3-4 years. Dr Eid also says coloplast tubes are not resistant. On the dr Kramer videos, there are a lot of coloplast revisions due to leack. If Ams had cylinders large as coloplast, surely I would have preferred Ams.

My friend had titan failure after 3 years due to leack.

I thought I read that you could special order the AMS if bigger was needed... :)

Larry

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:17 pm

TANGERINE wrote:i have asked Dr eid the question "how will this thing fail" five times and his answer is always the same"

"the tubing is where the titan fails, so try not to bounce the pump up and down vertically when squeezing it"
Everyone also states that the cylinders are NOT the failure point for titan. Those cylinders are super strong and they do not fail. So, thrust away men, you can be as rough as you want and angle all you want, the cylinders will be fine and you and your partner can enjoy the Ttian sex machine to the maximum.

(note, the AMS cylinders (especially LGX) are not as strong as the titan, so I cannot say for sure that this is the case with AMS)

You have a Titan, how would you know that? I have not seen this comment from a single AMS recipient that had a revision. :)

Larry

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:33 am

Here is a quote from a surgeon speaking regarding failure modes of the devices website (I think this is a reliable info source)

Expert surgeon states:
There is no appreciable difference between the life expectancies of the different manufacturers. The AMS silicone cylinders are more fragile than the Bioflex Coloplast cylinders and are the most likely cause of failure of this brand of implant. Failure occurs because of repeated bending of the deflated cylinders at the location of folds and not at the point where the cylinders are connected to the non-inflatable proximal portion.

The Coloplast tubing that connects the cylinders to the pump is the Achilles heel of this penile device brand. The tubing is outsourced and not manufactured in-house, is not as good as the AMS tubing and is prone to fracture after 10 to 15 years of use.
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

Vagabond127

Postby Vagabond127 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:50 am

Sinestra-
Nice girth. How much was gained from cycling and general time in which you had your device?
Implanted with Titan 1/15/19 with Dr. Eid.
6-length 4.5-girth.

Basmach

Postby Basmach » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:01 pm

Hawkman wrote:
Basmach wrote:Thank you for sharing this with us. My Coloplast Titan failed last week, had it for 3 years and I believe it’s due to the leak. After Doing more research I realised that it is a pretty common prblem and lots of implants fail due to this problem and on average after 3-4 years. I just hope that we wouldnt have to replace our inplants every 3-4 years. Anyone else have heard about this? I also know that coloplast doesnt admit that they have this problem.

Can I ask how often you cycled your implant?

2-3 Times a week max.

sinestra

Postby sinestra » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:14 pm

Vagabond127:

The device definitely added some girth to my size. I cycle every day - the implant in the photo had a 100cc reservoir, so I would pump it up to the max daily for 30 min or so. Over time it seemed to function as a mild tissue expander, at least for girth. There was definitely a period of discomfort in the beginning when I would pump it up, but that went away over time.

My new cylinders are the same size as the old ones, but Dr. Eid put in a larger 125cc reservoir. I am only 3 weeks out, so I am still learning where it maxes out.

Hope that helps
62, Prostate Cancer survivor, Coloplast Titan 24cm Implanted by Dr. Eid 4/15/2014. Details here: https://bit.ly/2MjuvgE
Revision 8/28/2018 by Dr. Eid

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:56 pm

There have been a couple people here over the years that had a revision because the AMS cylinders developed a bulge or blister on the side. One doctor, I do not remember who, had a video showing what it looked like removed and pumped up. Dr. Eid or Kramer, maybe both have shown in videos the Coloplast tubes tend to break where they attach to the pump. I video showed the Coloplast tube break was at the reservoir neck. They are machines. All machines can fail. All machines will wear out in time.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7124&p=47972&hilit=bulge+side+AMS#p47972
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Return to “Implants”