Wondering about implant scheduling timeframe.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
SW0110

Wondering about implant scheduling timeframe.

Postby SW0110 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:49 pm

I was told a couple weeks ago I would need either excision and grafting, or just go ahead and get an implant. Due to Peyronies the local doctor said it should be a coloplast. This is from my local urologist. I am strongly considering traveling to Baltimore and seeing Dr. Kramer since I really can get not much useful information on any surgeons close to me. I did find one mentioned on the coloplast site in Cincinnati, a DR. Kevin Campbell as a Center of Excellence surgeon, whatever that means, but again, no real reviews for his skill in implant surgery. I figure there surely does have to be some good ones around, but if you cannot get any information on them, how do you make a good decision. When I asked my local surgeon about how many implant surgeries he has done. His response was he has been doing this for 10 years and went around my questions for the most part. Not a great feeling. I just asked how many he does a month. Never did get an answer. He was straightforward in that he does a lot of excision and grafting, with those done pretty much weekly.

I was wondering how long it has taken anyone who went the implant route from the first scheduled visit with Kramer until he did the implant. I am going to call the offices tomorrow, but wondered what your experiences were timeframe wise. There have been some great surgery accounts on here that is for sure. For now, just concentrating on traction and VED until the day gets here.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

Return to “Implants”