Autoimmune disease and implant infection..

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
benefitter

Autoimmune disease and implant infection..

Postby benefitter » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:25 pm

I am suffering from Crohn's disease.
There is not a big problem in life because the illness is not severe.

In the future, however, the illness may become worse.
Then I should use an immuno suppressant such as anti-TNF drug or azathioprine for a lifetime

These medicines deliberately weaken the immune system.

I am considering implant surgery (but not now)
Would these drugs increase the likelihood of infection much?
It will certainly have a negative impact.

Anyone who has had an autoimmune disease and who had penile implant surgery??
Please tell me about your story.

I also worry about the antibiotics I should take before and after surgery. I heard that antibiotics cause abdominal pain and diarrhea, which is a complete poison for me.

Thanks
young 20s male, but i think my only option is implant
not good at english

alibaba

Re: Autoimmune disease and implant infection..

Postby alibaba » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:29 pm

Sorry about the Crohns. Luckily you live in an era where it can be treated. Used to be they just kept cutting out pieces of your guts. I have HIV which wrecks the immune system. Add to that on my 4th cancer. The plan which may or may not still be on the table, waiting on doctor advice was to start immunotherapy which could cause immune reconstitution syndrome and would make me very vulnerable to infection. No vaccinations, stay away from crowds, do not dig in dirt or potting soil, stay away from children under 14 (I always called little kids viral vending machines). I emailed Dr. Kramer last night asking if the immune therapy which would ramp up T cells to attack the body and lower white blood cells would cause any issue with my implant. This morning at 5:21 a.m. in reply tomy asking if it could cause problems with my implant, Dr. Kramer replied:
It really cannot. That implant is inert. Not living. Can’t be attacked in this way. That’s my 2 cents

Cheers man. Don't stress, be well, don't get old before you fix what is broken.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

CTR5000

Postby CTR5000 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:59 am

by benefitter » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:25 pm

I am suffering from Crohn's disease...

In the future, however, the illness may become worse.
Then I should use an immuno suppressant such as anti-TNF drug or azathioprine for a lifetime.

These medicines deliberately weaken the immune system.

I am considering implant surgery (but not now)
Would these drugs increase the likelihood of infection much?
It will certainly have a negative impact.

Anyone who has had an autoimmune disease and who had penile implant surgery??
Please tell me about your story.

I also worry about the antibiotics I should take before and after surgery. I heard that antibiotics cause abdominal pain and diarrhea, which is a complete poison for me.

Similar issues going on for me... both Immune and Autoimmune. My Immune Disorder is HIV (Undetectable Viral Load and CD4's @ 1776 (That's what happens when you live near Philadelphia! LOL!)

The HIV presents no issue whatsoever regarding my implant. And as far as Psoriatic Arthritis (my Autoimmune issue) I've been on a few Immune System Modulators so far: Enbrel, (a Biologic that reduced my TNF aka: Tumor Necrosis Factor) and now on Cosentyx, (another Biologic that stops the effect of my body's own IL-17A.) Plus other non-injectable drugs.

These (and other) Biologics are VERY specific in what parts of the immune system they turn off... in each of the two I named above, each turned off only ONE component in my entire immune system.

Many times people hear about Immune System Modifiers and their minds jump to something akin to a patient receiving an organ transplant (new heart or lung, etc.) where the ENTIRE Immune System must be shut down in order to prevent the body from rejecting that new organ. This is NOT the case with our penile implants. Our penile implants are not living organs or biological foreign bodies.

To sum up: The type of Immune System Modification done with Bilogiocs for Autoimmune Disorders is far more refined and pinpointed, and would pose no threat to a penile implant.

My husband is possibly facing a lung transplant and his Immune System would need the FAR MORE drastic "turning off" than I require with my penile implant.

Hope this helps put your mind at ease! Your Crohns and my Psoriatic Arthritis are often treated using identical Biologics. Recent research has opened up and is showing so much more about Autoimmune Disorders and their treatments, including using a patient's own stem cells.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:16 am

CTR5000 I am blown away with your high CD4 numbers/ Excellent. first 5 years I had numbers about 103-238/ Then stayed in the 230's. In the last 3 months it took a giant jump for me to 457, My highest in 12 years. Waiting next set which are due any day. Cheers man. Fabulous numbers.
Last edited by alibaba on Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:19 pm

About a minute after I posted my lab results came in.
Cd4 dropped from 457 to 284. I am in awe of people who have good numbers. Cheers.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:27 pm

Now I know how you have the high numbers. I knew the targeted immuno therapy blocks the regulator for Tcells that keeps them from going out of control. With a 38% drop in my Tcells today, I asked the oncologist how the immuno therapy I start in the morning will affect it. I figured a boost. He said they are hoping for a huge boost of over 1500. Cheers man. Thank you for sharing. It helped me sort this too. :)

CTR5000

Postby CTR5000 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:24 am

Glad my info helped you, Alibaba! But I was getting 1200's, 1300's... up to 1600's CD4's LONG before I started biologics for m y autoimmune issues. Both I and my doctors attribute this to the fact that I was one of the lucky ones who was able to get and do the Salk Vaccine... aka: Remune. It was the very last vaccine Jonas Salk was working on at the time of his death. I was injected with killed, irradiated, de-shelled HIV in an adjuvant base (Freund's Adjuvant) every 3 months for 4.5 years. Unfortunately, the company making it and running the trials got greedy. Inm a study in Thailand, they got "okay" results" but nowhere near what they hoped they'd be... so they fudged the data... and got caught! Remune as we know it was squashed right then! Except for some rare use as a pediatric AIDS Salvage Therapy.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:45 pm

Thanks for sharing. Very interesting. Went to doc today and starting propholactic antibiotics due to my dropping CD4. 7 years of Mepron sucked. Time off was nice. Cheers man.

Return to “Implants”