Minimum reservoir size for the Titan 22 CM

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
MyImplant

Minimum reservoir size for the Titan 22 CM

Postby MyImplant » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:25 am

I just found out that my doctor decided to use my existing LGX reservoir which I believe is 100 ML in replacing my LGX with a new Titan 22 CM. I vaguely remember that the Titan might require 125 ML reservoir. I suspect but do not in fact know that my existing reservoir might be subject to some encapsulation. I have not cycled yet but I assume I was fully inflated during the operation.

Does anybody know what reservoir size I need?
AMS 700 LGX 19 CM (15CM + 4CM RTE) Sept 2009 by Dr. Neil Baum (erect 7.25 BPL to tip Girth 5 1/4" Replaced by Dr. Hellstrum 8/17/18 with Titan 22 CM + 1 CM RTE. Now 8 1/4' BPEL side to tip, 5 7/8" girth midshaft and 7+" at base.

warrenw

Re: Minimum reservoir size for the Titan 22 CM

Postby warrenw » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:29 am

Titan reservoirs come in 75cc and 125cc.
I would guess that the 75cc is used for the narrow-base cylinders and the 125cc for everything else.
You could calculate the volume of your cylinders to see if 100cc is sufficient.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:06 pm

i just looked up my records. I have 22 cm titan with a 75 cc reservoir. It works just great and I have plenty of fluid.
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

MyImplant

Postby MyImplant » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:38 pm

Thanks.. I needed that. Do you think that your cylinder is fully expanded? For example what is your girth?

Based on my calcs, which is probably wrong, 7 would not fully expand 2 cylinders that are unrestrained by a tunica. Your girth might give a clue. Is there any chance that your Titan is the narrow base version? I think someone said that Coloplast has two sizes.. 75 ML for the narrow base and 125ML for the standard Titan.

I suppose I will get all of his answered when I meet with him Tuesday. I just wanted to be as educated as much as possible before I meet.
AMS 700 LGX 19 CM (15CM + 4CM RTE) Sept 2009 by Dr. Neil Baum (erect 7.25 BPL to tip Girth 5 1/4" Replaced by Dr. Hellstrum 8/17/18 with Titan 22 CM + 1 CM RTE. Now 8 1/4' BPEL side to tip, 5 7/8" girth midshaft and 7+" at base.

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:12 pm

Here's a link to the product page: https://www.coloplast.us/titan-en-us.aspx#section=product-variants_4

The Titan reservoirs also have a "Lock-out™ Valve" that the AMS reservoir may not have. I don't know what that is but you might want to confirm with the doctor that the pump & reservoir are a compatible set.

Also puzzling that Tangerine and I have different size reservoirs with similar size implants and from the same doctor.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:17 pm

I do not find reservoir recommendations in relationship to the cylinders for Coloplast. I do find more sizes available in the U.S. chart than the European chart with cylinder lengths up to 28cm.

The AMS physicians in surgery manual states this. Given 21 cm is their largest size and 18mm larges diameter verses the 21mm girt of a Titan, it would seem 100cc is undersized based on the AMS information.
Reservoirs
Although the 100 ml spherical and AMS Conceal Low
Profile Reservoirs are suitable for all AMS 700 LGX
MS
Pump
cylinder sizes, you may choose to use the 65 ml
spherical reservoir with the 12 cm and 15 cm AMS 700
LGX
MS Pump
cylinder sizes if an inflate/deflate test
indicates that 55 cc or less of fluid is necessary to inflate
both cylinders . However, the 100 ml spherical and AMS
Conceal Low Profile Reservoirs should always be used with
the 18 cm and 21 cm AMS 700 LGX
MS Pump
cylinder sizes .
Follow the applicable instructions for preparing the
reservoir from the Component Preparation section of this
manual . Implant and fill the reservoir
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:20 pm

[quote="warrenw"]Here's a link to the product page: https://www.coloplast.us/titan-en-us.aspx#section=product-variants_4

The Titan reservoirs also have a "Lock-out™ Valve" that the AMS reservoir may not have. I don't know what that is but you might want to confirm with the doctor that the pump & reservoir are a compatible set.

Also puzzling that Tangerine and I have different size reservoirs with similar size implants and from the same doctor.[/quote

Warren, that is all I could find also. I thought there was a surgery manual at one time on line that stated the fill requirement for each implant, even the volume per stroke of the pumps. I've been looking for that for a year. I always wonder about mine being I always run out of fluid at 36 full pumps. If it runs 41 pumps I know that some were not full pumps and can tell that is what I did.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:54 pm

Reading the pages of 1 star comments on that geriatric old French Canadian educated urologist, I am not surprised now. Sad sad sad.

"He is always in a hurry and does not answer your questions. "

"Terrible bedside manner"

"Acts like you are not in the room"

"Talks so everyone hears your business"

"Rushes from room to roo"

"Never has enough time to answer questions"

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:01 pm

This might be something to consider that may be your case. Sometimes due to the dissecting needed to butcher out your old reservoir, it is left in place and the tubing capped. One of the order sheets for one of the brands lists plugs for the tubing and one manual I read one time stated the plug was for leaving the reservoir in place when the cylinders have to be removed if there is an infection so it can be reused later. It is very possible you received the entire Coloplast implant with reservoir and the old reservoir is still there too. That saved you from having a second incision through the abdomen and muscle to cut it out. You may be good man. Don't stress yet.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:03 pm

Sorry it took me so long to think of that. I have to thrash things around a while in my head in the context given me , read my responses and think about them again before I jump outside the box. Cheers. d

Return to “Implants”