cycling advice needed

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Larry10625

Re: cycling advice needed

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:53 pm

oldbeek wrote:
Larry10625 wrote:
1Roofer wrote:I am currently 2 weeks implanted. Tried cycling last night to initiate activation. Usually 7” fully hard pre-implant, but last night was right under 6”

I know that I have to grown into the device, but if there is anyone who has advice on breaking in a new implant I would be gracious for any input.

Yeah, it's too early. If you want to take chances with permanent damage, by all means, please continue.

Larry

I have to disagree Larry. My Doc had me pumped near 90% from day 2 till 4 weeks. That was his normal routine. Hurt like hell the full time but nothing fell apart.

Every doctor does things differently. Some docs say go ahead from day 2, some say at the end of the first week, some say three weeks... but it all depends on what sutures they use, do they do a 2 layer or a single layer, do they use nylon or cat gut or croleen. There are so many variances. If it were my package, I wouldn't be taking any chances for any reason. Since it's not my package, have at er..

Larry

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:37 pm

I will take that back. The difference is I had no stitches to come apart on my dick. I had an infra pubic incision. 3/4 inch incision vertical just above my penis/ pubic bone. It is different with the scrotal incision. Sorry.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Bandit

Postby Bandit » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:38 pm

Wait for clearance from your doc. If he waits til 4 weeks, you wait. When he clears you, follow instructions. I was activated at 6 weeks but doc told me at two if i felt ok, i could play around with it. I didnt start to seriously cycle til the 6 week activation and clearance for sex. I dont have time to cycle twice a day cause i work 50-60 hrs a week. But i pump rock hard every night for an hour. I walk around my house advertising most nights and usually can get some action too. Cant stress enough to follow doctor orders.
Bandit
Born 1958, married. Prostate Cancer. RRP November/2014. PSA undetectable since. Implant May/2017 AMS700LGX 18 cm + 1.5 cm RTEs.

1Roofer

Postby 1Roofer » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:00 pm

Greg1956 wrote:Roofer,
I just had my 11 month post-op anniversary. I started cycling at 4 weeks and could only get a couple pumps in before the pump bulb was too hard to push. As mentioned in the previous comment you can wait and sometimes get more pumps in. At first my post-implant size was 4.5”but after 6-8 weeks it was up to 6”. At your early stage your dick is still re over if from surgery and is not as flexible as it will be when healed. Once that happens you will be able to get more pumps in and therefore get longer. Patience is your friend here my friend.

My cycling routine is to pump up in the morning as I am just starting to wake up. Then I lounge in bed and sometimes even dose off again and then wake up with “morning wood”. I also pump up in the evening when I go to bed. I deflate after about half an hour, before I fall asleep. Sometimes these are only cycling sessions, but other times this is also when my wife and I have sex or i masturbate.

So after the healing process occurs, the pumping gets easier? I’ll pump now & have to occupy myself with something to do in order to block out the pain. It’s kinda hard to get pull pumps. It’s small gradual pumps. I guess the device is just fighting trying to broken in.

I’m just trying to pump now so I can sustain my length.
Implanted by Dr. Hakky on August 6th, 2018 Coloplast 22 cm. Genesis pump failure 8/17/19. Revision 9/10/2019. Genesis pump failed 2/27/2020 while having sex. Second revision scheduled 4/7/2020 with new Titan One Touch pump instead of Genesis

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:40 pm

oldbeek wrote:
ED2013 wrote:Cycle twice a day. Pump till you can’t get anymore pumps in, wait five minutes and try to pump more. Repeat this for an hour or two per session or as long as you can stand it.

Is that the advise Karpman gave you? I am 16 weeks post and if I pump to max, I can only stand the pain for about 10 minutes. Other guys say not to pump to extreme. Pump till uncomfortable and keep it that way for 30 minutes to an hour.

Yes, but Karpman lets patients cycle only one week after surgery.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:47 pm

1Roofer wrote:
I just had my 11 month post-op anniversary. I started cycling at 4 weeks and could only get a couple pumps in before the pump bulb was too hard to push. As mentioned in the previous comment you can wait and sometimes get more pumps in. At first my post-implant size was 4.5”but after 6-8 weeks it was up to 6”. At your early stage your dick is still re over if from surgery and is not as flexible as it will be when healed. Once that happens you will be able to get more pumps in and therefore get longer. Patience is your friend here my friend.

My cycling routine is to pump up in the morning as I am just starting to wake up. Then I lounge in bed and sometimes even dose off again and then wake up with “morning wood”. I also pump up in the evening when I go to bed. I deflate after about half an hour, before I fall asleep. Sometimes these are only cycling sessions, but other times this is also when my wife and I have sex or i masturbate.

So after the healing process occurs, the pumping gets easier? I’ll pump now & have to occupy myself with something to do in order to block out the pain. It’s kinda hard to get pull pumps. It’s small gradual pumps. I guess the device is just fighting trying to broken in.

Yes, it gets much easier. At first I could only get in a few pumps before the pump bulb felt like a rock. After a few weeks of pumping I could do about 20 pumps and now I get 40 in before I can’t do more. I went from 4.5” to 6” in a fairly short time and now I have had a little more expansion due to the potential growth of the LGX. Hang in there. I bet you will see growth soon.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

1Roofer

Postby 1Roofer » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:52 pm

Greg1956 wrote:
1Roofer wrote:

My cycling routine is to pump up in the morning as I am just starting to wake up. Then I lounge in bed and sometimes even dose off again and then wake up with “morning wood”. I also pump up in the evening when I go to bed. I deflate after about half an hour, before I fall asleep. Sometimes these are only cycling sessions, but other times this is also when my wife and I have sex or i masturbate.[/quote

Yes, it gets much easier. At first I could only get in a few pumps before the pump bulb felt like a rock. After a few weeks of pumping I could do about 20 pumps and now I get 40 in before I can’t do more. I went from 4.5” to 6” in a fairly short time and now I have had a little more expansion due to the potential growth of the LGX. Hang in there. I bet you will see growth soon.

Greg

Greg, thanks very much for your input & advice. You have been very instrumental so far.
Implanted by Dr. Hakky on August 6th, 2018 Coloplast 22 cm. Genesis pump failure 8/17/19. Revision 9/10/2019. Genesis pump failed 2/27/2020 while having sex. Second revision scheduled 4/7/2020 with new Titan One Touch pump instead of Genesis

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:27 am

Roofer,
I am very happy to help.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:48 am

oldbeek wrote:I will take that back. The difference is I had no stitches to come apart on my dick. I had an infra pubic incision. 3/4 inch incision vertical just above my penis/ pubic bone. It is different with the scrotal incision. Sorry.

Thank you... apology accepted. :)

Larry

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:51 am

Bandit wrote:Wait for clearance from your doc. If he waits til 4 weeks, you wait. When he clears you, follow instructions. I was activated at 6 weeks but doc told me at two if i felt ok, i could play around with it. I didnt start to seriously cycle til the 6 week activation and clearance for sex. I dont have time to cycle twice a day cause i work 50-60 hrs a week. But i pump rock hard every night for an hour. I walk around my house advertising most nights and usually can get some action too. Cant stress enough to follow doctor orders.
Bandit

I agree 100% Bandit. I, like all the rest of us, have horror stories where we had not had sex in a long time but following doctors orders is critical. When My doctor finally cleared me to bathe, he made it clear that I could NOT use Epsom Salts because it would breakdown and destroy the sutures he used. Since I don't know your private routine, I read something from another user that may interest you... he said he didn't have a long time to cycle either but he pumped up as soon as he woke up and then left it inflated while he showered, shaved, etc... would that work for you as a second daily cycle?? :)

Larry

Return to “Implants”