Backflow blues

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
dg_moore

Backflow blues

Postby dg_moore » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:02 pm

I've remarked about this a number of times here, but it's gone from being a minor nuisance to a real daily pain in the butt. No matter how thoroughly I deflate my Titan, it's only a matter of a couple of hours before it has spontaneously reinflated to a pretty rigid state, just short of fully inflated and awkward in my pants. I'm quite tired of it, but not to the point where I'd consider any kind of surgery to fix it. If the only solution is surgery I'd just have the thing removed, but I'd be surprised if insurance would cover it and I don't want to go through any more surgery after my previous, much more serious, surgeries. I'm in the minority of implantees who wish I'd never had it done.

Does anybody else have experience with constant spontaneous backflow/inflation?
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

mikestap

Re: Backflow blues

Postby mikestap » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:45 pm

Dave,
I have the same condition with my Titan. My doc has explained that it is because my reservoir was placed in an alternate location due to the results of my earlier laproscopic prostatectomy and the muscles there are putting pressure on it. Hard to believe, but he's offered to correct it.

The reinflation used to bug me, but these days I hardly worry about it. But my dick's less-than-flaccid condition is very apparent under my underwear or gym shorts, or tight swimwear or... Well you get the picture.

Mike
64 Years. RALP 2013. Received 22cm Titan Dec 20, 2017 by Dr Hakky. See results at download/file.php?id=5320 and download/file.php?id=4754
Revision 3-25-21 24 cm XL No RTE

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:13 pm

I haven't brought this up with Dr. Kramer because I doubt if he would have anything to suggest that I'd be interested in doing. Maybe I'll just drop him an email and see what he has to say.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:51 pm

Have you tried giving it one pump after deflating?

Maverick2dog

Postby Maverick2dog » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:20 pm

Ed,

I am only 4 month out from having my implant installed and the back flow issues continue to get worse. It gets to the point of not a full erection but one I could have sex with. For me the pressure is constant and hurts after a while. I am all the time trying to hide my dick. Not an easy thing to do when it is 7 inches and semi erect. My dick is visible most of the time.

My doc thinks it is the pump. It looks like I am going to have the pump replaced. Going back to discuss options with my doc this Friday. I got a second opinion and the second doc said it is probably the pump but he would replace the entire unit, just to be safe. I have the traditional pump.

Someone said it was caused by reservoir placement. That does not make since to me. The valve in the pump should still stop the back flow?

I not giving up, I want it fixed. I love having an erection on demand. I still think it will be worth all the trouble when it is working.
59 years old. Forth revision 10/2021
Third revision 9/21 moved pump replaced one cylinder AMS CX 21+ 3. Second revision January 31st 2019 AMS CX 21,+2CM RTE. First revision November 15th, 2018 24CM CX .5RTE. Implanted 4/2018, Titian 22CM 2.5 RTE

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:27 pm

Just a little off topic, and correct me if I'm wrong, but giving it 1 pump after deflating would only lead to reinflation. The pump has a one-way valve in it. When you press the release button the valve locks open for fluid to return to the revisor. If you pump it once it resets the valve to let fluid flow to the implant and not blackout that’s what gives you the erection. So if that’s the case, leaving the valve in the deflate position should be the way to go. And even if some fluid was to leak back into the tubes it should also go back to the reservoir because the valve is in the deflate mode. Any pressure on the penis should do that. I have notices myself that if i give it one pump after deflation then I will get some back flow. B if I leave it open, deflate mode, I don’t seem to get that. Now I have an AMS so maybe there is a difference but still Both work about the same.
Just my thoughts on it
71. ED for about 10+ years to one extent or another. Implanted 9/14/2016 AMS CX 18+3 Fl/ Ky

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:45 pm

Hawkman wrote:Below Is Dr. Eid's official view as provided to me. I thought some might be interested.

Post-operative care
During the first three months after the surgery, the cylinders must be kept fully deflated in order to maintain
the reservoir fully inflated. This will allow scar tissue to form on a full reservoir and prevent auto-inflation later on......

This has been mentioned before, but maybe bares repeating.

Sometimes what we think is auto-inflation is really blood or other fluids in the penis, not really saline inflating the cylinders. Try squeezing the penis to see if the cylinders are actually inflated or not. Early on I had what I thought was auto-inflation but the cylinders were flat, it was fluids in the shaft. That has improved with time and now hangs flaccid at 5:30.

With the Titan Touch pump I need to add two quick shallow pumps following deflation to reset the valve. Doing that I have never experienced auto-inflation even after 4-5 days.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:01 pm

warrenw wrote:
Hawkman wrote:Below Is Dr. Eid's official view as provided to me. I thought some might be interested.

Post-operative care
During the first three months after the surgery, the cylinders must be kept fully deflated in order to maintain
the reservoir fully inflated. This will allow scar tissue to form on a full reservoir and prevent auto-inflation later on......

This has been mentioned before, but maybe bares repeating.

Sometimes what we think is auto-inflation is really blood or other fluids in the penis, not really saline inflating the cylinders. Try squeezing the penis to see if the cylinders are actually inflated or not. Early on I had what I thought was auto-inflation but the cylinders were flat, it was fluids in the shaft. That has improved with time and now hangs flaccid at 5:30.

With the Titan Touch pump I need to add two quick shallow pumps following deflation to reset the valve. Doing that I have never experienced auto-inflation even after 4-5 days.

In my case, it is definitely the cylinders and not external blood or fluid. I've had my Titan for over ten years and it's had plenty of time to settle in. I read some years ago about the "quick squeeze" trick - maybe that's just an AMS thing, but in any case it never worked for me.

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:19 pm

I don't know about a Titan. My AMS with 5.5 in RTEs never back fills. I can totally drain it Everytime. I usually give it a few pumps to show a nice bulge when I'm out.
donnie1954@mail.com
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

chonky

Postby chonky » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:41 pm

I had the same problem which contributed to my going negative over the implant and having it removed. This combined with the tips protruding underneath my glans created a very uncomfortable condition. I would like to try again with an implant but only if I had the LGX.
65 Periodic ED since 20's due to venous leakage. Pills stopped working . Implanted 3/2012 removed 6/2012 in a"WTF Moment" after several complications. Re-implanted 4/5/19 AMS 700CX

Return to “Implants”