PLEASE HELP!!

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
oldbeek

Re: PLEASE HELP!!

Postby oldbeek » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:52 pm

They promised you 6 inches out the door. At 6 weeks post op , the normal last check up you probably will be 6 inches. Calm down, at day 2, I was 4 inches flacid. How can you be pumping to max now at day 2 to measure anything? If you are pumping, you are messing with disaster. Leave it alone for at least 2 weeks. At 6 weeks I was 5 1/4 flacid and 5 3/4 pumped. Now near 6 inch but skinny as a rail 4 3/4 girth. You will be ok.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:02 pm

Just had to answer this one. The LGX recommendation for stretching is 50% to 70% inflated for the first 2 weeks. Otherwise scarring sets in and shrinks you before you even get started. So 6 inches at implant and 6 weeks later you will be fighting for anything beyond what the docs decided to give you.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

David_Webb

Postby David_Webb » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:12 pm

My mindset in the few days/weeks post surgery was a bit of a roller coaster. What you have done is a serious surgical procedure causing trauma to your system and the nature of the area worked on and the impact, will definitely add stress to your psyche. My advice to you right now is to accept what is done cannot be undone and focus on following the doctors instructions to heal.

Keeping a professional and constructive line of communication to your doctor is critical as they will be your best resource for your specific recovery.

Wait until after you have healed and can use your new implant, if you still have concerns you should definitely bring them up to your doctor if you are still not satisfied with the results. You could be getting worked up and adding stress to your system for no reason if you achieve closer results than you are seeing at the moment.

Worst case scenario is you live with a functioning penis with less length than you expected until you either decide or need a revision.
New Hampshire, 42, Diagnosed with ED early 20’s. VL Left side, Implanted 7-9-18, Dr. Gross, Titan OTR, 22cm +1 RTE, Penoscrotal.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:42 pm

Very good advice. And I'm almost there I think. I am just a little sore but other than that I'm ok. The doc signed a release for me to return to work on Monday light duty for 6 weeks. So that is 5 days recovery. Have to see what tomorrow brings but I walk fine and erect. And sit just fine. Still I know I have very deep wounds that will take weeks to heal properly so we'll see.
As for length, I think I'll be more than satisfied. Right now I am at 2 pumps that the doc gave me about 20% and 4 inches. I have a wicked s curve and buckling inside. I don't know if his and his partner's promise of 6 will be met but I'm ok with whatever. I came home all wrapped up could not see anything. A botched BM tore some tape away and gave me a peak inside. It felt hard as a rock and I assumed it was fully inflated. I measured 4 and freaked out. That is why I wrote this post. Then the nurse removed the bandages and the truth was revealed. I knew exactly what the s curve meant. There is far more than 4 inches hiding inside.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:23 pm

DougAnd wrote:Very good advice. And I'm almost there I think. I am just a little sore but other than that I'm ok. The doc signed a release for me to return to work on Monday light duty for 6 weeks. So that is 5 days recovery. Have to see what tomorrow brings but I walk fine and erect. And sit just fine. Still I know I have very deep wounds that will take weeks to heal properly so we'll see.
As for length, I think I'll be more than satisfied. Right now I am at 2 pumps that the doc gave me about 20% and 4 inches. I have a wicked s curve and buckling inside. I don't know if his and his partner's promise of 6 will be met but I'm ok with whatever. I came home all wrapped up could not see anything. A botched BM tore some tape away and gave me a peak inside. It felt hard as a rock and I assumed it was fully inflated. I measured 4 and freaked out. That is why I wrote this post. Then the nurse removed the bandages and the truth was revealed. I knew exactly what the s curve meant. There is far more than 4 inches hiding inside.

The "S" curve and buckling is curious, to say the least. Disturbing, if you want to be alarmed. I wold call the manufacturer's rep and discuss (because your surgeon may not be available on the weekend and the maker's rep is free and often an excellent source willing to spend more time with you on the phone.)

Can you post a picture or two? Top, bottom and side views?

Good luck
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:13 pm

DougAnd wrote:Hmmm. I disagree that they can't tell you how long you will be before surgery. It is very simple math. You add the inside measurement which is unknown beforehand and does not matter, to the up side which a third grader could easily calculate and vuala you have it! I have to assume that I will also start at about 4.5 or so. Right now I'm pumped to 4" and am really hard. So that means it would take what 35 pumps to make 6 and 40 or more for 7? That's completely ridiculous!! There was no good reason to shorten me like that. Unless my bottom measurement needed to be no more then 3 cm to be safe which is possible and a 21 cm would be too long also possible then what we have is a product failure and not surgeon error. Thanks guys. Tues I will pick up surgery notes and see what is what. But I think you are right. Using an LGX they had no choice and I insisted on the LGX so that is on me. Could have gone with Titan and been longer to start with. That would have been much preferred. Live and learn.

Doug;
I think you will be pleasantly surprised with what the LGX will do for you. I have NEVER, EVER, heard of a doctor trying to size someone up without measuring ON THE TABLE. It is NOT simple math. Everyone's anatomy is different, and even if it was that simple, there is no way to know if there was scarring that prevented the implant going deeper. Good luck with your cycling and don't give up yet. :)

Larry

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:44 am

Thanks Larry but I'm pretty sure Kramer, Eid and many others do just that. And you are right about scarring but there are 3 different tests that tell you exactly what to expect up front. My doc only did one and knew from it. Actually with 3 D imaging there is zero guess work if your doc is interested. Most are not but you can put your entire actual system up on the screen and calculate to a nano exactly what is needed just for you. We are so in the dark ages with this arbitrary scratch and guess surgery. Surgeons could care less about your specific elasticity, tunical length etc. They just stuff everyone into the same little box and move on. Cheaper that way. Takes much less time per patient.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:03 am

oldbeek wrote:They promised you 6 inches out the door. At 6 weeks post op , the normal last check up you probably will be 6 inches. Calm down, at day 2, I was 4 inches flacid. How can you be pumping to max now at day 2 to measure anything? If you are pumping, you are messing with disaster. Leave it alone for at least 2 weeks. At 6 weeks I was 5 1/4 flacid and 5 3/4 pumped. Now near 6 inch but skinny as a rail 4 3/4 girth. You will be ok.

You guys that ignore the instructions to LEAVE IT ALONE are messing with fire and you are gunna get burned. You got the implant because it was your last chance to have sex again. If you screw things up, you may mess with your anatomy that NOTHING can be done anymore, OR more surgery. Every time you get cut open, you lose sensitivity somewhere. LEAVE IT ALONE. If you will not do that, at least don't publish you impatience on here...I don't want the newly implanted members to think that it is OK because IT'S NOT !!!

Larry

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:07 am

DougAnd wrote:Thanks Larry but I'm pretty sure Kramer, Eid and many others do just that. And you are right about scarring but there are 3 different tests that tell you exactly what to expect up front. My doc only did one and knew from it. Actually with 3 D imaging there is zero guess work if your doc is interested. Most are not but you can put your entire actual system up on the screen and calculate to a nano exactly what is needed just for you. We are so in the dark ages with this arbitrary scratch and guess surgery. Surgeons could care less about your specific elasticity, tunical length etc. They just stuff everyone into the same little box and move on. Cheaper that way. Takes much less time per patient.

I am not sure what test you are referring to but I have watched several implant videos (most from Kramer and Eid) and in EVERY ONE, they use that measuring rod. I am certainly no expert but you would think if they knew ahead of time, exactly what size they needed, they wouldn't have to measure... right??

justanotherdrumber

Postby justanotherdrumber » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:02 pm

Larry10625 wrote:
DougAnd wrote:Thanks Larry but I'm pretty sure Kramer, Eid and many others do just that. And you are right about scarring but there are 3 different tests that tell you exactly what to expect up front. My doc only did one and knew from it. Actually with 3 D imaging there is zero guess work if your doc is interested. Most are not but you can put your entire actual system up on the screen and calculate to a nano exactly what is needed just for you. We are so in the dark ages with this arbitrary scratch and guess surgery. Surgeons could care less about your specific elasticity, tunical length etc. They just stuff everyone into the same little box and move on. Cheaper that way. Takes much less time per patient.

I am not sure what test you are referring to but I have watched several implant videos (most from Kramer and Eid) and in EVERY ONE, they use that measuring rod. I am certainly no expert but you would think if they knew ahead of time, exactly what size they needed, they wouldn't have to measure... right??

I've always seen them both measure too.

Even IF they knew ahead of time; they would still need to measure to be certain that the dialated the corpra to the depth necessary.

Can't stuff 21cm into a 15cm tunnel ! :roll:
Erie,PA
Age 64 - g/f 34
Implanted ams700 lgx, 18cm+1cm RTE
March 2018

Return to “Implants”