Pain Diary 8 Aug 2018 DougAnd

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
DougAnd

Re: Pain Diary Day 103 sad news

Postby DougAnd » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:24 am

Day 103 was on the phone at work Friday all day with Doc offices. I freely admit that I'm not the brightest bulb in the box but this is bizarre! I'm scheduled for a partial revision in Dec. Where to begin? In Sep I was diagnosed with tip migration both tips were on the same (right) side. So I painfully moved them back into place. Then I found out that the right (longer) cylinder is deformed the tip pressing against my urethra. Now I find out that my cylinders are basically free to wander inside of my skin, the chamber walls are gone. So that is why I need to constantly watch things cannot fully inflate for danger of the right tip pushing through my urethra. And no one can give me more that a best try out come.
SIGH! I already knew this was a dead end problem before surgery and was promised that it would not happen yet here I am. I never trusted Doctors to begin with and now even less than before.
There is no solution to uneven tips that I'm aware of. If anyone knows of a web site that deals with it I'd appreciate the URL.
I'm going to ask Dr Kata to take a leap of faith with me and replace the right cylinder only 18 cm with 2.5 cm rtes instead of 3 cm. That will simply curve me to the right instead of the left maybe.
The prosthesis has caused my left shaft to shrink in length giving me a Peyronies curve. It has stretch out the right side causing my glans to tilt. I've VED stretched to 6 5/8" and cannot escape the right tip to make it straight. With .5 cm cut off maybe I can then vacuum stretch beyond the tips and keep myself safe and straight. Worth a try if Dr Kata is willing. Typically surgeons will not replace just one side. I have no intention of letting him do both. That would open up a whole field of choices that I could not control. Might wake up with a CX of who knows what size maybe lose 2 cm rtes. Or wake up with a Titan. This way he has no choice but to stick with my LGX and do exactly what I have asked. Worth a try anyway. Wish me Good luck and Godspeed!
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

DougAnd

Re: Pain Diary 8 Aug 2018 DougAnd DAY 113

Postby DougAnd » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:01 am

Day 113 I have kept my right tip pain and erosion under control by staying pumped about 30% since Nov 12th. Very awkward having an erection at work and sleeping pointing straight up. But I have been 5 7/8" now day and night for weeks. Sad news. I had asked Dr Kata to just replace the right cylinder and to shorten the rtes from 3 cm to 2.5 cms. He said no of course, all or nothing. I cannot blame him it is as expected. No one wants to put on another persons poopy diaper and believe me this one is really running dark brown. Right now my penis is completely distorted from the prosthesis. The left side has scarred and shrunk from being gutted during dilation and having no support from the short cylinder. The right side is stretched unnaturally and bulging the full length of my shaft, then it takes a curve just below the glans right into my urethra. I cannot safely inflate fully and when I fully deflate my penis shrinks and the same thing happens. So for me 30% seems to work.
Dr Kata realizes that he can never get a good measurement in my deformed condition so he wants to slice and dice me into shape, cut cut cut stitch stitch stitch. Not going to happen. I have keloids disease and although it has been inactive for decades I cannot chance having an acorn sized scar suddenly grow on the side of my penis head.
So I am left with no good options. Again. Even if I let Dr Kata slice and dice me he would still end up with the same uneven dilation that I started with and no solution to fix it.
Today my focus is on staying safe I do not want the right tip to come out of my urethra.
So presurgery Monday Dec 3rd and surgery to move my pump on the 4th. My new VED has come in and I've already started to use it. Stretched to 6.5". No help with the bulge on my right side. I plan on fully deflating this AM and stretching a little beyond 6.5 to see what that looks like. Hopefully my glans will become straight and the bulge will go away. If this works then about June of next year I will have a redo replace both cylinders and hopefully get it right this time.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

DougAnd

Re: Pain Diary 8 Aug 2018 DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:59 am

Day 114 yesterday I deflated after 16 days at 3 pumps. I was 5 7/8" day and night. Within an hour I had shrunk down to 5.5" deflated, very little curve. This AM before my bath I was 6" still deflated and almost perfectly straight. The right cylinder was slightly buckled. Used the VED to stretch to 6 5/8" still deflated. Right now I am 6" deflated getting ready for work and have a small curve.
Surgery is next Tuesday to move my pump down deep into my scrotum. I am watching carefully to see if the right tip pain comes back now that I am deflated. On a side note my cylinders are finally getting softer at last. Maybe being 30% inflated for 16 days helped?

DougAnd

Re: Pain Diary 8 Aug 2018 DougAnd DAY 120

Postby DougAnd » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:28 am

Day 120 yesterday I had my revision surgery, best choice ever. Surgical glue and water proof bandage. Nice.
No pain not even ibuprofen. After going on 4 months my scrotal pump is FINALLY in its proper place so that I can use VED without pain. My new device came in a week or so ago and I have been braving it to prepare for this surgery. You never know what the Doc may find after he opens you up and what he might do. So I stretched out to over 6.5" just in case I awoke with a brand new everything.
Fla Hospital is totally different from Apollo surgery. At Apollo no I had no part preventing infection. But on my own I took an alcohol rag bath the night before. And there was no question about me going home immediately after recovery. But here I was given a small bottle of potent soap and told to bathe twice head to toe before coming in. Well the bottle itself said not to be used near the ears, eyes or genitals. Scrub surgical area for 2 min and then wipe off with a sterile towel. Said nothing about water. But warned that it may cause chemical burns. Strange. night before surgery washed genital area stepped in shower washed it off and then dried. Repeated again. The morning before surgery ditto and the second time did head to toe including in between toes and etc. After alcohol rag bath. Everyone kept telling me that Dr Kata liked to keep patients over night. Why? especially for something like this one small cut then snip snip snip attach the new pump and close. I awoke in recovery told them that I had reservations for Cracker Barrel down the street. They took out the catheter gave me my clothes and wheeled me out. Actually we went to McDonalds. They had recommended soup for at least a day. Yeah right. I woofed down my bacon cheese burger, fries and a large choco shake and home we went.
I don't mean to be disrespectful but I have an iron stomach and had not eaten since 9PM the night before. Soup? I don't think so. I respect that they don't know me from Adam and that some people get sick from the anesthesia. Thank goodness that I know me.
After just a few days VED I am already much straighter. High confidence that this ordeal is over at last I can begin to enjoy my new sex life. Well in about 2 more weeks but what the hey. that's nothing. :)

Larry10625

Re: Pain Diary 8 Aug 2018 DougAnd DAY 120

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:03 pm

DougAnd wrote:Day 120 yesterday I had my revision surgery, best choice ever. Surgical glue and water proof bandage. Nice.
No pain not even ibuprofen. After going on 4 months my scrotal pump is FINALLY in its proper place so that I can use VED without pain. My new device came in a week or so ago and I have been braving it to prepare for this surgery. You never know what the Doc may find after he opens you up and what he might do. So I stretched out to over 6.5" just in case I awoke with a brand new everything.
Fla Hospital is totally different from Apollo surgery. At Apollo no I had no part preventing infection. But on my own I took an alcohol rag bath the night before. And there was no question about me going home immediately after recovery. But here I was given a small bottle of potent soap and told to bathe twice head to toe before coming in. Well the bottle itself said not to be used near the ears, eyes or genitals. Scrub surgical area for 2 min and then wipe off with a sterile towel. Said nothing about water. But warned that it may cause chemical burns. Strange. night before surgery washed genital area stepped in shower washed it off and then dried. Repeated again. The morning before surgery ditto and the second time did head to toe including in between toes and etc. After alcohol rag bath. Everyone kept telling me that Dr Kata liked to keep patients over night. Why? especially for something like this one small cut then snip snip snip attach the new pump and close. I awoke in recovery told them that I had reservations for Cracker Barrel down the street. They took out the catheter gave me my clothes and wheeled me out. Actually we went to McDonalds. They had recommended soup for at least a day. Yeah right. I woofed down my bacon cheese burger, fries and a large choco shake and home we went.
I don't mean to be disrespectful but I have an iron stomach and had not eaten since 9PM the night before. Soup? I don't think so. I respect that they don't know me from Adam and that some people get sick from the anesthesia. Thank goodness that I know me.
After just a few days VED I am already much straighter. High confidence that this ordeal is over at last I can begin to enjoy my new sex life. Well in about 2 more weeks but what the hey. that's nothing. :)

Glad things seem to be turning around for you.

Larry

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:52 pm

Thanks Larry,
I'm almost there I think. Just before the surgery my left cylinder was directly below the big vein on top of my penis and the right one down further. So that will continue to be a problem

DougAnd

Re: Pain Diary 8 Aug 2018 DougAnd DAY 123

Postby DougAnd » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:10 pm

Some minor swelling and discomfort aching today. Not enough for meds. I still have some from August and now a full bottle for this. Took a cold bath for an hour to reduce slight swelling. It is 4 days after surgery and I was up and around all day long. So nice to have glue just hop right in the tub screw peas, corn and ice packs. Monday morn to Dr Kata and release for work.
Have not used my scrotal pump saving that for the tech on the 17th. I had so very much trouble with the first one I want him to show me how to do it right first time every time. NO LOCKUPS ALLOWED!!!!
Off to VED and then to bed on my wedge pillow butt in the air. Still taking the ved pressure easy 6 1/4" only until 2 weeks or so then I will go for it. Do or die. This is the final stretch either it will work and fix the problem or I will live with it until June and have a complete redo. Either way I win!! :)

DougAnd

Re: Pain Diary 8 Aug 2018 DougAndDAY124

Postby DougAnd » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:01 pm

Day 124 Sunday
Since Friday I've been up and around. That caused a slight darkening of the scrotum and mild ache. Took a cold bath for ache. After three days of not being on my wedge pillow 24/7 my scrotum has thickened a little. All as expected need to get ready for work on Monday.
Hot bath and VED today still stretched 6 1/4" just enough to keep me from shrinking. I have been deflated 100% since the 4th and will continue so until Nelson shows me how to pump on the 17th. Anxious to see what I did wrong before that caused my pump to lock up so much. Anyway right now I am 6" and have been so from re surgery. Very happy with that. I should pump up to 6 1/4" or more on the 17th. Perfect!
Shaft is straight enough the head is still crooked. VED 6 1/4" does not make me straight. 6.5 will and beyond.
My goal is to start VED stretching on the 17th morning and night and make it to 7" by some time in January. I will hold that and begin fully inflating my cylinders hoping to make them straight and curve my right tip back away from my urethra. May not work but it's worth a try.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:05 pm

Day 126 or so. Day 8 since revision surgery. I am placing Dr Edward Kata in the same group as Eid and Kramer. Got annoyed at the hospital when I was told Kata this and Kata that. turns out it was hospital policy which he ignored in my behalf. This is a patients person. I did not have to stay the night and eat soup or worse when I was starving. He released me. The nurse came in took out my catheter hand me my clothes and off to McDonalds we went. They tried to set up an appt for release for work the next Wed. No I need to return to work on Monday. he fixed that and squeezed me in first. Saw my scrotum felt the pump and released me for work for cycling and for sex. You guys know what an anus I am over cookie cutter instructions. That is not Dr Kata. He will be doing all of my surgeries from now on.
that being said. I have hard choices coming up. My implant is medically unsafe a ticking bomb. Plus my cylinders wander around inside of my penis all day long. 2 days before resurgery the left cylinder was directly beneath the large vein on the very top of my penis. Had to move it over. Again. Not as worried about that as my curved right tip trying to penetrate my urethra. I cannot fix that It will need to be replaced. On Monday Dr Kata was upset that I did not allow him to do it on the 4th. But I just can't afford the time off. Yes at work after 6 or 7 hours my scrotum aches. But oh well I got the pump moved FINALLY. Small price to pay. And I need the $$$$$$$
Dr Carrion wants to completely rebuild my cylinder chambers which have been torn to shreds by the rouge right cylinder. Dr Kata will do that haven't even told him yet. He will do a cysto on the 15th to check for urethral damage and then I will tell him. I want him to cut the skin loose from the base of my penis and pull it up over the glans. Then he can slice and dice away! I'd rather have a nut size scar growing at the base of my penis than one on my penis itself.
Today I emailed AMS Jamie Matson asking for help. I need the new implant to be perfectly even and fixing the chambers won't do that. I need a tech with rte cutters and shapers to customize my rtes. If she can't help then it's over nothing more can be done might as well take a chance with my deformed cylinders.
Still on my wedge pillow. Last night the dog was restless so I slept on the couch to keep him quiet. No wedge pillow. Big mistake. This aM and all day at work I ached. Finally a nice long bath, short VED and off to my wedge pillow right now my butt is in the air and loving life, Tomorrow will be a brighter and no ache day for sure. Looking forward to it. Oh yeah. Keep pumping brothers.

DougAnd

Re: Pain Diary 8 Aug 2018 DougAnd Day 128

Postby DougAnd » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:31 pm

Day 128 and 9 days after my pump was moved. Change of plans again. Jamie with AMS emailed that she could not help get my tips even, it's against FDA rules. Go figure. Only the gov't would be so stupid. With Keloids no way I'll try to fix my wandering cylinders, too risky anyway and far too damage to nerves. And now it looks as if there is no reason to replace my deformed cylinders. No one can make me straight.
I'm going to consider having the Doc make me shorter so that at least I can then keep ahead of my tips using VED and not deform the new cylinders. 1/2 cm should do. Dr Kata will probably think I'm crazy but this is the last surgery. 3 in one year will be much. Still well worth it so we'll see. I have a cysto on Jry 15th. Hopefully no bleeds before then and no damage showing. That will help me plan for June's surgery.
No pain from my recent surgery but I did try to activate thrice and found my scrotum is very thick near the wound. No way to squeeze hard enough to pop. Next week the tech will show me how to cycle. Can't wait to see what I've been doing wrong for 4 months.
I have an ache in my deep scrotum thought it was the cut but no, it's my new 3rd nut marking his territory. Feels like pinching when I stand too long or walk too much. For you guys thinking about implant I rate this minor ache between .0 and nothing. Just saying not an issue. Later

Return to “Implants”