Burning sensation along shaft

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Stacheman47

Burning sensation along shaft

Postby Stacheman47 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:33 am

Hello. I am new to this board and not sure , I am in the right section to post. I have been looking over this site, and find it very informative. I hope someone can put me at ease.
I was implanted on July 19,2018, by Dr. Garber, a surgeon from Philadelphia. I chose him for his exceptional accolades and experience. Unfortunately, I cannot get enough information from him, because of his poor communication skills.
I went back to him twice, because I was concerned with the intense pain I was feeling, especially the “burning,” sensation in the shaft. He assures me that all is fine, but that doesn’t comfort me.
So, I am approximately 17 days out. I am partially inflated and have not been instructed to cycle. I also had a testicle removed, and had the ligament release. Swelling and bruising has subsided. I was implanted with the Titan Coloplast. Can someone address the sensation I am feeling in the shaft?

Greg1956

Re: Burning sensation along shaft

Postby Greg1956 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:02 am

I had a burning sensation after the catheter was removed. It was especially apparently while urinating, but it only lasted a few days.

As for cycling, my doctor had me come in for a 4 week check up and at that time gave me clearance for cycling and masturbation, but asked me to wait an additional week for sex.

I hope you get the answers you want/need and the pain and burning subsides.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Stacheman47

Postby Stacheman47 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:42 am

Thanks for the reply,but I am not talking about burning coming from the urethra. My burning is more like my flesh is being burned. I was just wondering if this is an expected discomfort because of the inflatable tubes in the erection chambers.
It is a bit unnerving, and makes me wonder if it will ever stop. I hope it is just my body getting used to a foreign body. Like I said, no clear answer from dr. Garber

David_Webb

Postby David_Webb » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:35 am

Welcome to forum and the brotherhood!

I was implanted on July 9th and I definitely had the burning sensation across my entire shaft and scrotum. Just putting my fingers on it and pulling away made the burning more intense like it had some chemical burn. This was a constant pain that thankfully is gone now at almost 4 weeks. After the pain meds ran out alternating Tylenol and Advil was not enough to calm the stinging. Icing to the point of being numb helped, It was painful even to ice but it feels good after you get past the initial burn just make sure you have something between the ice and skin to avoid sticking. The warm baths I was allowed to take at day 10 turned the corner for me... being submerged was almost instant relief. I was taking 3-4 for the first week as it was the only thing that helped.

I went back to the doctor just for this pain and he prescribed me Gabapentin which is for nerve pain for diabetes or fibromyalgia sufferers but it didn’t do anything to help the pain I was having on the shaft and just gave me a headache every morning.

I was deflated at the two week follow up and I’m not cleared to start cycling until my next appointment at 6 weeks post-op. I am just barely able to hotld the deflate butting to keep squeezing out some backfilling as my bag still isn’t happy with the new roommate. I’m glad I’m not cycling and kinda dreading hitting the pump as it seems like trying to squeeze a marble and my scrotum is still sore. My pump adhered to the bottom of my sack so I’m guessing it going to tear when the bulb is squeezed. But of advice would be to try and keep the pump mobile so it doesn’t get attached. My bag was so swollen I didn’t want to touch it but regret not trying to move it around while bathing.

Hang in there it gets better... I feel I had a really hard time managing the pain and I’m doing much better at 4 weeks.
New Hampshire, 42, Diagnosed with ED early 20’s. VL Left side, Implanted 7-9-18, Dr. Gross, Titan OTR, 22cm +1 RTE, Penoscrotal.

gregoryw

Postby gregoryw » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:48 am

Burning along the shaft is very normal and will be for many months.
It’s important that you are patient as this will subside over the course of time.
I had frequent burning and discomfort for about three months. Over time it becomes intermittent.
I’m currently nine months out and I experience it very infrequently to the point where it’s fairly insignificant.
Hang in there it’ll go away in due time.
Greg
Coloplast 22cm 1cm rear extender: Dr. Eid Nov 2017

Stacheman47

Postby Stacheman47 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:37 am

Hey guys,
Thank you so much for posting a reply . I really do feel more assured that what I am experiencing is a common symptom. It sounds like it all starts out painful, but eventually gets better.
Best of everything to you both. Glad all is going well!

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:58 am

Stacheman47 wrote:Hello. I am new to this board and not sure , I am in the right section to post. I have been looking over this site, and find it very informative. I hope someone can put me at ease.
I was implanted on July 19,2018, by Dr. Garber, a surgeon from Philadelphia. I chose him for his exceptional accolades and experience. Unfortunately, I cannot get enough information from him, because of his poor communication skills.
I went back to him twice, because I was concerned with the intense pain I was feeling, especially the “burning,” sensation in the shaft. He assures me that all is fine, but that doesn’t comfort me.
So, I am approximately 17 days out. I am partially inflated and have not been instructed to cycle. I also had a testicle removed, and had the ligament release. Swelling and bruising has subsided. I was implanted with the Titan Coloplast. Can someone address the sensation I am feeling in the shaft?

Stacheman, Welcome to Frank Talk. It is still very early to be concerned with the specific symptoms you have. Once the incision is fully healed and all swelling is gone, then you can start to troubleshoot. Based on the limited info you have provided, I would say that what you are experiencing is NOT UNCOMMON. You have just had a guy slice open you dick/bag, ram a steel pipe up your shaft and into the head of your dick. Then, to add insult to injury, he jammed 2 balloons up there and pumped it to the maximum and then deflated it and pumped it back up again to ??% Make yourself a great homemade ice pack with an odd sock and a bag of popcorn kernels. Place it in the freezer and then after a couple of hours, place it on your scrotum for up to 20 minutes. Also, if your doctor says it's ok, you can have a nice hot soothing bath tub soak. When you start cycling, a soak in the tub with water as hot as you can stand it, will help loosen up the rubber in the pump. As arrogant as it sounds, doctors are the pros at putting the implants in, after that, the implanted members of Frank Talk are the pros of having it in, not the un-implanted doctors. Feel free to ask any question/questions as you please, that's what we are here for.

Larry

Stacheman47

Postby Stacheman47 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:47 am

Thank you so much for your reply, and you raise a valid point about the surgeons. I really cannot communicate with my surgeon.
By the way, I am finding,that a heating pad, resolves the burning sensation better than ice at this point. I haven’t been advised that I can soak in a tub yet, as per my doctor, I need to heal first, as I have a good size incision at the base of my penis. My left testicle was removed at the time of the implant because of on going tenderness ,so I wonder if my pain is worse because of that.
I suppose a heating pad is ok, unless you have heard differently.
Again, thanks for your reply

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:41 pm

How much are you inflated? My URO left me almost 90% inflated for 4 weeks. I had the pain you describe for 4 weeks. It went away after deflation. I get the same pain when cycling and inflating extra HARD. It is the implant trying to stretch your shrunken skin. It also exudes something almost tacky. Hurts to touch it. All this is normal. So docs inflate harder than others. Some is only for 2 days, some 2 weeks and mine 4 weeks which I think was next to torture.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Stacheman47

Postby Stacheman47 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:05 pm

I am not inflated all that much, certainly not at 100%, and don’t know the percentage because my doc isn’t a great communicator. He let some out when I went back at 14 days after implant, but the burning persisted. Today I am at 17 days and the sensation has lessened.
I can’t understand how differently these doctors follow up with their patients. My doctor doesn’t even want me touching the pump until I am almost two months out.
I kind of thought this pain was from being stretched. Like I said nothing was explained to me so I had no idea what to expect.
Thanks for your reply.

Return to “Implants”