LGXers need your help!

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
DougAnd

LGXers need your help!

Postby DougAnd » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:14 pm

Implant surgery for Aug 8th confirmed today. What a jungle to get there.
Guys who have an LGX I need you to describe to me in great detail exactly how you use the little ball to inflate and how you deflate. Thanks in advance
DougAnd
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Bandit

Re: LGXers need your help!

Postby Bandit » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:22 pm

Doug
I have the lgx. I am 14 mos post op. The bulb is stiff early on and it is slow going. At first you get partial pumps so ultimately you need more to get hard. In time it definately softens up. 25-30 full wall to wall pumps now gets me rock hard. As far as deflating, there is a button you press and hold for a few seconds and you will hear a buzz as it deflates all the way down. I then throw two pumps usually in it and you will feel the deflate button pop to lock into inflate mode. That is just personal preferrance. The pump is a pretty simple device. The rep will likely give you a key chain version so you can become familiar with it. Really the only issue is the stiffness at first. I also suggest feeling around in your sack to know where the deflate is. Last thing you want is a hard dick and cant let it down. It will likely get sore quickly when you first start pumping up. I dont think there is much of a difference with the coloplast pump. Like i said its a simple device. Pump the ball and deflate with the button. Hope this helps !
Bandit
Born 1958, married. Prostate Cancer. RRP November/2014. PSA undetectable since. Implant May/2017 AMS700LGX 18 cm + 1.5 cm RTEs.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:29 pm

Thanks brother. Sounds simple. I asked to be inflated before I left but not sure if they will do that. Anyone know how many minutes after you wake up before it's too sore to touch? Hope I have enough time to goet home.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:12 pm

Doug,
I agree with everything bandit said. Regarding your question about how many minute you have when you wake up, I’d say forget about that. In addition to the fact you will likely be heavily wrapped with gauzy bandaging and wearing a jock, you will just be coming out of anesthesia and in those first minutes you are so groggy you won’t probably be thinking about it. By the time I got my first look and touch, the swelling made it impossible to feel the pump. Most implanted guys are left partially inflated for recovery, but I know some here go home fully deflated. I guess you will find out which camp your surgeon is in.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:13 am

Do what your doc says. Do not leave the hospital pumped over50%. My doc pumped me near 100%. Sever pain for 4 weeks. Pain meds every 4 hrs. day and night.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

ccrider

Postby ccrider » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:18 am

Greg1956 wrote:Doug,
I agree with everything bandit said. Regarding your question about how many minute you have when you wake up, I’d say forget about that. In addition to the fact you will likely be heavily wrapped with gauzy bandaging and wearing a jock, you will just be coming out of anesthesia and in those first minutes you are so groggy you won’t probably be thinking about it. By the time I got my first look and touch, the swelling made it impossible to feel the pump. Most implanted guys are left partially inflated for recovery, but I know some here go home fully deflated. I guess you will find out which camp your surgeon is in.

Greg

I also agree w/Bandit...didn't have much swelling but it took about 4 weeks or so before the fibrous "mush" started to subside & I could gingerly feel around for the pump. I think Dr. Kramer left me 20% inflated. Biggest problem I had was deflation after activation...finally got the hang of reaching behind the pump, tracing up to the inflation block, finding the circular indentations on the exact opposite side of the deflation button & squeezing both in a claw-like motion. At this point everything hangs free & clear...very easy to feel the pump & deflate.
...69 years old, married over 30 years, serious ED for around 10 years. AMS 700 LGX 21 cm +3 cm RTE implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer on Dec 7, 2016.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:31 am

Wow! Sounds like I'm in for a surprising shock. I keep getting mixed signals. Some say that in 2 or 3 days all is normal. Others talk about weeks of pain. I was just told by the sch nurse yesterday that the catheter could be in 4 days! I thought 24 hours was long. They are sending nurses TO MY HOME to train me on how to employ the bag and do an ultra scan of my bladder. And the Dr insists on removing it when he feels I'm ready. I was planning on cutting the tip the next morning and pulling it out. Guess not.
You guys are opening my eyes. Maybe 5 days off of work will not be enough. Anyone out there have an easy recovery? Or is that just a myth?

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:29 am

Recovery varies patient to patient and surgeon to surgeon. 5 days? Not enough.

Happy Toy

Postby Happy Toy » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:49 am

5 days not nearly enough! Everything is sore, just sitting down is tricky, and in my case, I was most comfortable when sitting in a straight if my ball sack was hanging over the edge of the chair. The recliner was the best once I got in it. As far as the Foley is concern, mine was in for three days plus I had a drain. Went to the Dr. office to have both removed. I have had lots of Foley's over the years but this time they did something different. Before she removed the cath she put saline into my bladder to make sure I could pee before I left, that was interesting!
Good lock, Andy
Implanted 6/26/2018, Coloplast Titan 20cm, no RTE'S, infra pubic, Dr. Rhee, Kaiser :o 8-) 79yrs., married 56 yrs. ED for over 20 yrs.

justanotherdrumber

Postby justanotherdrumber » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:18 am

My foley came out in 24 hours and I could push the clutch pedal down in my Toyota Tacoma on day five to drive short distances.
Erie,PA
Age 64 - g/f 34
Implanted ams700 lgx, 18cm+1cm RTE
March 2018

Return to “Implants”