AMS 700 lgx bulb collapse

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Tryin2hard

AMS 700 lgx bulb collapse

Postby Tryin2hard » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:54 pm

Hi everyone, 3 months since my AMS 700 LGX was implanted. Everything was fine until about 2 weeks ago. I have been cycling daily and was pumping to the point of burn or discomfort to maximize size. When I begin I feel the pop of the valve opening and as I pump up everything seems normal until I reach a fully erect state. Just at the point where additional pumps would start to really max me out, the bulb will collapse and no additional pumps are possible. The bulb stays in the collapsed state until I hit the deflate button then the bulb fills back up. My doctor tells me I have a 65 ml reservoir which is more than enough for my 18cm implant size. It feels like I'm running out of fluid but am told that should not be the case. The only other possibility that comes to mind is a leak but thus far the problem occurs at the same point of erection. Seems a leak would be happening earlier and earlier as I cycle each day. Been cycling for months so Im not a newbie at this and everything seems to be working as it should. Need to get this figured out, hoping I don't need to get on a plane again for a revision but the whole point of the lgx is cycling to increase size over time. I hit the wall with this thing long before any stretching can occur. Really hoping someone can offer some insight on this situation. Thanks, Steven
68 yrs old. Peyronies diagnosed 3 years ago. tried pills and Trimix injections. Implanted April 13 2018. 18 cm ams lgx with 1 cm rte by Dr. Eid.

warrenw

Re: AMS 700 lgx bulb collapse

Postby warrenw » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:32 pm

Volume of a cylinder 12mm x 18cm = 34ml. So with both cylinders full that's 68ml, just about the capacity of the reservoir, so you may have emptied the reservoir when the pump goes flat.

I'm not sure if the entire 18cm length is inflatable. If not then 65ml could be enough. Eid certainly ought to know.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:43 pm

Tryin2hard wrote:Hi everyone, 3 months since my AMS 700 LGX was implanted. Everything was fine until about 2 weeks ago. I have been cycling daily and was pumping to the point of burn or discomfort to maximize size. When I begin I feel the pop of the valve opening and as I pump up everything seems normal until I reach a fully erect state. Just at the point where additional pumps would start to really max me out, the bulb will collapse and no additional pumps are possible. The bulb stays in the collapsed state until I hit the deflate button then the bulb fills back up. My doctor tells me I have a 65 ml reservoir which is more than enough for my 18cm implant size. It feels like I'm running out of fluid but am told that should not be the case. The only other possibility that comes to mind is a leak but thus far the problem occurs at the same point of erection. Seems a leak would be happening earlier and earlier as I cycle each day. Been cycling for months so Im not a newbie at this and everything seems to be working as it should. Need to get this figured out, hoping I don't need to get on a plane again for a revision but the whole point of the lgx is cycling to increase size over time. I hit the wall with this thing long before any stretching can occur. Really hoping someone can offer some insight on this situation. Thanks, Steven

The AMS has an overflow feature so that when the cylinders get full you can pump for another 7 days and nothing will change. Sounds like everything is working as it should. :)

Larry

Tryin2hard

Postby Tryin2hard » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:25 pm

Thanks Larry but how does that allow the possible expansion that is supposedly the great feature of the LGX?
68 yrs old. Peyronies diagnosed 3 years ago. tried pills and Trimix injections. Implanted April 13 2018. 18 cm ams lgx with 1 cm rte by Dr. Eid.

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:25 pm

Unfortunately, something is definitely wrong. Keep on pumping. Hopefully it clears up on its own. Ams pumps can be glitchy.

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:59 pm

Tryin2hard,

Read your surgical report and be certain you have an AMS 700 LGX and 65 ml reservoir.
Are you sure it's not a CX or CXR?

AMS recommends a 100 ml reservoir with the 700 LGX.
See table below:
ams1-page-001.jpg
ams1-page-001.jpg (335.27 KiB) Viewed 2130 times
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

justanotherdrumber

Postby justanotherdrumber » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:23 pm

Tryin2hard wrote:Thanks Larry but how does that allow the possible expansion that is supposedly the great feature of the LGX?

I'm not a hydralic engineer, but even with a 65ml resevoir; I wouldnt "think" the cylinders completely drain and go completely flat [or fill up with air]. Some fluid should remain, however; it wouldnt be under any pressure.

I dont think you completely "fill" the cylinders from scratch each time you pump; I think you just pressurize them by transfering additional fluid from the reservoir to the cylinders.

Running the reservoir dry was one thought I had.

The other is that you have expanded to maximum length for the operating pressure and length of your device and possibly you were "under sized" by a small amount ?

The other possibility couldbe a faulty pump ?
Erie,PA
Age 64 - g/f 34
Implanted ams700 lgx, 18cm+1cm RTE
March 2018

justanotherdrumber

Postby justanotherdrumber » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:59 pm

warrenw wrote:Tryin2hard,

Read your surgical report and be certain you have an AMS 700 LGX and 65 ml reservoir.
Are you sure it's not a CX or CXR?

AMS recommends a 100 ml reservoir with the 700 LGX.

It does indeed specify a 100ml reservoir for an AMS700 LGX for a 18 cm device.
Erie,PA
Age 64 - g/f 34
March 2018

Tryin2hard

Postby Tryin2hard » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:20 pm

yes 700 lgx with 65mm reservoir. Im afraid i have a serious issue here. Thanks to everyone for the help. Im convinced the reservoir is inadequate.

justanotherdrumber

Postby justanotherdrumber » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:30 pm

Larry10625 wrote:
Tryin2hard wrote:Hi everyone, 3 months since my AMS 700 LGX was implanted. Everything was fine until about 2 weeks ago. I have been cycling daily and was pumping to the point of burn or discomfort to maximize size. When I begin I feel the pop of the valve opening and as I pump up everything seems normal until I reach a fully erect state. Just at the point where additional pumps would start to really max me out, the bulb will collapse and no additional pumps are possible. The bulb stays in the collapsed state until I hit the deflate button then the bulb fills back up. My doctor tells me I have a 65 ml reservoir which is more than enough for my 18cm implant size. It feels like I'm running out of fluid but am told that should not be the case. The only other possibility that comes to mind is a leak but thus far the problem occurs at the same point of erection. Seems a leak would be happening earlier and earlier as I cycle each day. Been cycling for months so Im not a newbie at this and everything seems to be working as it should. Need to get this figured out, hoping I don't need to get on a plane again for a revision but the whole point of the lgx is cycling to increase size over time. I hit the wall with this thing long before any stretching can occur. Really hoping someone can offer some insight on this situation. Thanks, Steven

The AMS has an overflow feature so that when the cylinders get full you can pump for another 7 days and nothing will change. Sounds like everything is working as it should. :)

Larry

I thought the bullb was supposed to get hard as a rock at full inflation and stay that way not collapse and stay flat
Erie,PA
Age 64 - g/f 34
March 2018

Return to “Implants”