Revision Surgery Booked

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
BionicLeeroy

Revision Surgery Booked

Postby BionicLeeroy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:48 am

I'm am still having a total nightmare with my Titan implant which was carried out December 2017.
I haven't posted in a while as I have been trying not to let it consume my whole life. I was sort of hoping it was going to improve without the revision surgery.
Following on from an MRI scan and a couple of appointments with Dr Ralph, it seems like the amount of rear tip extenders have pushed the implant to far forward (3cm rear tip) the whole thing was also probably sized 1 cm to long (24cm in total would have been better inc. rear tip) I currently have 22cm + 3cm rear tip. What also hasn't helped was the grafting procedure I had done at the first surgery means that the folds are more prominent.
In the flaccid state it looks awful, it completely bends to the left with a kink. It also comes out approx. 2 inches before it folds down. When erect it is fine (almost straight) Photos attached, I would really appreciate everyone's thoughts on what to do,
The revision surgery is booked for 8th August. I have another final appointment with Dr Ralph prior to then to decide if its being swapped over for another Titan or a AMS. I am wondering if I would have a better result from the AMS as currently the flaccid state means I struggle to take my daughters swimming or can no longer wear a wet suit and surf. However I am worried that the AMS wont produce an erection good enough to straighten it all out and be rigid enough for sex
Dr Ralph said its up to me he would change for either. As far as I know only the cylinders are to be replaced. The tubing would be spliced
Has anyone else had a Titan and had it swapped over for an AMS, if so are you happy with the outcome.
I have been advised which ever type I no go for would be done without RTE's (a 24cm implant would be used)
I am really anxious about this and not looking forward to going through it all again.
Attachments
Photo 2.JPG
Photo 2.JPG (160.43 KiB) Viewed 2403 times
Photo 1.JPG
Photo 1.JPG (210.41 KiB) Viewed 2403 times
Erect.JPG
Erect.JPG (216.68 KiB) Viewed 2403 times
47 year old
Implanted Dec 2017 with coloplast titan 22cm + 3cm rte
previous malleable implant and lue pro.cedure for peyronies, due to crossover implant revised August 2018 with ams CX 24 + 1rte

Smetro

Re: Revision Surgery Booked

Postby Smetro » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:46 am

BL
Sorry to read of your plight. It’s a damned shame because your inflated shot looks fantastically good.
Surely it was poor decision making from your first doc that has created the problem.
As a surfer myself I can see how it would be really uncomfortable laying and paddling.
I think your feelings about which one to choose may be valid and assuming it’s mainly a problem of incorrect measurement or choice of RTE length I think I would be inclined to stay with the Titan (after all your inflated pic looks great) because I am assuming it works well when you use it and you know how it looks and feels in a useable state.
Please keep us informed as you go through the process....and good luck mate.
68,Titan Touch 22cm+1.5cm rte's op done in Melbourne Aust by Dr Chris Love-Feb 2017 Venous leakage over a 2 year period, did pills and Caverject. Length@ 3 1/2years is: 7+” erect, 6.5” flaccid and almost 6” girth. REZUM Feb 21 ejaculation now normal.

tbonegas

Postby tbonegas » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:48 am

Best of luck with your revision. Did Mr Ralph carry out the original procedure?
ED since 2010/RP 2016, tried all pills, injections and VED.nothing worked.Implanted 2018, implant removed short while after.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:02 am

I am so sorry you had this happen. Your inflated picture looks like the penis most guys would dream to have. Hopefully you can get great results so your deflated is equally impressive. Best wishes.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:38 pm

I had a similar kink in the same place deflated with my Titan but nowhere near as prominent. It did cause some discomfort but everyone had told me from early on they are common with the Titan. I learned if I kept a few pumps in, it smoothed out and I often did that through the night. In a few months the kink diminished and now there is none. The cylinders are now very soft and pliable. Considering the size of that awesome tool and having seen many doctors about revising my first one, I really do not think an AMS will be satisfactory but it will give you a soft hang. I am not the size you are but EVERY doctor I saw about the revision said I should never have had an AMS given my size and all except 1 implant both. The one will but has a strong preference to Coloplast. Judging from the awesome erect state, I would say to keep it inflated as much as you can and it will iron out on it's own unless a scan shows it is still kinked when pumped up which was how I had been told oversize is accessed. Cheers.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Ruktitan

Postby Ruktitan » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:16 am

BionicLeeroy wrote:I'm am still having a total nightmare with my Titan implant which was carried out December 2017.
I haven't posted in a while as I have been trying not to let it consume my whole life. I was sort of hoping it was going to improve without the revision surgery.
Following on from an MRI scan and a couple of appointments with Dr Ralph, it seems like the amount of rear tip extenders have pushed the implant to far forward (3cm rear tip) the whole thing was also probably sized 1 cm to long (24cm in total would have been better inc. rear tip) I currently have 22cm + 3cm rear tip. What also hasn't helped was the grafting procedure I had done at the first surgery means that the folds are more prominent.
In the flaccid state it looks awful, it completely bends to the left with a kink. It also comes out approx. 2 inches before it folds down. When erect it is fine (almost straight) Photos attached, I would really appreciate everyone's thoughts on what to do,
The revision surgery is booked for 8th August. I have another final appointment with Dr Ralph prior to then to decide if its being swapped over for another Titan or a AMS. I am wondering if I would have a better result from the AMS as currently the flaccid state means I struggle to take my daughters swimming or can no longer wear a wet suit and surf. However I am worried that the AMS wont produce an erection good enough to straighten it all out and be rigid enough for sex
Dr Ralph said its up to me he would change for either. As far as I know only the cylinders are to be replaced. The tubing would be spliced
Has anyone else had a Titan and had it swapped over for an AMS, if so are you happy with the outcome.
I have been advised which ever type I no go for would be done without RTE's (a 24cm implant would be used)
I am really anxious about this and not looking forward to going through it all again.

Who did your original surgery? Was it done undee NHS or privately. I was told they only install Titans and not ams under NHS?
29 years old. Suffered with ED since 17. No known cause. First Implanted date 23/3/2018. Cylinders way too short and revised by different surgeon 2019. 22cm titan.
Cylinders still short and now pump is upside down and protruding. Awaiting 3rd revision

BionicLeeroy

Postby BionicLeeroy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:38 am

Thanks for everyone's reply's.
In response to Tbonegas's question. My first operation which was about a year ago was carried out by Dr Ralph. This was for a Lue procedure to straighten peyronies. This didn't work and under the same anaesthesia they put a malleable implant in to keep things straight. The second operation which was done in Dec 2017 was to swap the malleable for the titan. I was told in the lead up to the surgery he would be doing the procedure. However on the day of the operation I was advised it would be one of his colleges performing the surgery (with Dr Ralph overseeing).
In response to Ruktitan's question it was done under the NHS. My last operation I wasn't offered a choice of implant. This time I have been offered the AMS, I guess because of the not good flaccid result.

Part of me is wanting to get it swapped over for another Titan (24cm no RTE) however the flaccid appearance might not be that improved due to the original grafting procedure and the stiff cylinders. Appearance wise I am thinking I would have a better outcome with the AMS. As long as its still hard enough when needed. Dr Ralph has assured me it would still be very usable for sex.
47 year old
Implanted Dec 2017 with coloplast titan 22cm + 3cm rte
previous malleable implant and lue pro.cedure for peyronies, due to crossover implant revised August 2018 with ams CX 24 + 1rte

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:02 pm

BionicLeeroy wrote:Thanks for everyone's reply's.
In response to Tbonegas's question. My first operation which was about a year ago was carried out by Dr Ralph. This was for a Lue procedure to straighten peyronies. This didn't work and under the same anaesthesia they put a malleable implant in to keep things straight. The second operation which was done in Dec 2017 was to swap the malleable for the titan. I was told in the lead up to the surgery he would be doing the procedure. However on the day of the operation I was advised it would be one of his colleges performing the surgery (with Dr Ralph overseeing).
In response to Ruktitan's question it was done under the NHS. My last operation I wasn't offered a choice of implant. This time I have been offered the AMS, I guess because of the not good flaccid result.

Part of me is wanting to get it swapped over for another Titan (24cm no RTE) however the flaccid appearance might not be that improved due to the original grafting procedure and the stiff cylinders. Appearance wise I am thinking I would have a better outcome with the AMS. As long as its still hard enough when needed. Dr Ralph has assured me it would still be very usable for sex.

Why are all you guys with big dicks so convinced that you NEED the Titan? My AMS gets hard as a rock and I don't walk around all day looking like I am on the ready for whatever moves. Despite the hundreds of posts talking about how the flaccid look doesn't look flaccid, people still seem genuinely surprised that it looks like a hard-on 24/7.

Larry

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:20 pm

BionicLeeroy wrote: It also comes out approx. 2 inches before it folds down.

Leeroy,

The "kink" shown in the pictures, is that where the rear tips attach to the inflatable cylinders?
What's holding the rear part so rigid, the RTE'S?
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

Daverx

Postby Daverx » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:07 am

I had a Coloplast Titan for over seven years and thought that nothing could be better until I had to have a revision in April of this year when I got an AMS 700 cx. While I am not super large, I must say that the AMS gets just as hard as did the Coloplast. The big positive of the AMS over the Coloplast is in the everyday, active working day comfort of the implant. The Coloplast was uncomfortable when deflated completely but the AMS feels more normal. However, the Coloplast pump seemed easier to grasp.
75 yr old survivor of aggressive PC, original implant in 2012, revision Apr 19 2018. AMS 18cm 3cm RTE Happy man.

Return to “Implants”