Met with surgeon

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
David_R

Re: Met with surgeon

Postby David_R » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:54 am

Lost Sheep wrote:If you cannot interview prior patients, if you cannot talk to the manufacturer's representative about this surgeon, if he has not done a fair volume of implants with a consistent team to back him up, if he is new to the implant procedure, has not studied under a surgeon with a good reputation, BE VERY THOROUGH, CAREFUL AND SKEPTICAL.

If he has not studied (and been certified in) Erectile Dysfunction, that is another red flag that should give you caution.

I totally agree. (I am selfish enough that I know doctors have to learn on somebody's dick, but I don't want that to be me.)

Rob1954

Postby Rob1954 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:31 am

Thank you for the replies. Most of you make me nervous, "turn and run".

Problem is he is my only option, financially and in my area.

None of the replies have answered my main concern, will a 21cm. implant result with an erection close to the 6.5 inch penis I can achieve with injections. I can live with 6, but not much shorter. From 20 years of ED I have already lost size.

However I can not maintain this erection unless I am standing and not moving, useless for sex!

I just called to get my surgery date, which I thought would have been this or next month, and the secretary said no date yet, maybe next year!

I'm despondent.

Thank you for you replies
Robert
ED 20 years. Tried all oral meds to full dose, futile. Injections for a year, disappointing results. Relatively fit, 20 lbs. overweight. Depression. Considering an implant.

David_Webb

Postby David_Webb » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:43 am

My response was to ask the doctor these questions. You won’t get an answer here because there is no way of telling from the outside. Every person is different and the tissue where the tubes will be placed can vary so different sizes are custom fit once the doctor cuts in and measures internally.

There are some men with the exact same size that due to anatomy will have different size implants or need for RTE’s.

Good luck!
New Hampshire, 42, Diagnosed with ED early 20’s. VL Left side, Implanted 7-9-18, Dr. Gross, Titan OTR, 22cm +1 RTE, Penoscrotal.

justanotherdrumber

Postby justanotherdrumber » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:30 am

Rob1954 wrote:Thank you for the replies. Most of you make me nervous, "turn and run".

None of the replies have answered my main concern, will a 21cm. implant result with an erection close to the 6.5 inch penis I can achieve with injections. I can live with 6, but not much shorter. From 20 years of ED I have already lost size.

However I can not maintain this erection unless I am standing and not moving, useless for sex!

I just called to get my surgery date, which I thought would have been this or next month, and the secretary said no date yet, maybe next year!

I'm despondent.

Robert

Another bright RED flag |》》》.
A doctor needing more than 2-4 weeks to get you in is an admission that he would prefer you went elsewhere in my opinion, either because of his not having confidence in his ability or easier money doing other proceedures.

Possibly, he is familiar wwith your insurance and relizes what they pay [or don't pay].
Sometimes it may be difficult to get prior preathorization.

You Always have options !

I'd guess that you'd be exremely lucky to meet your 6 inch requiremnt with a 21 cm unless you are extremely thin built ...
... just a guess !

I'd get a 2nd opinion from an authority in this proceedure.
Some docs have a phone consultation for a small reasonable fee.
You cannot afford to take chances and gamble on this.
Erie,PA
Age 64 - g/f 34
Implanted ams700 lgx, 18cm+1cm RTE
March 2018

gillemor

Postby gillemor » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:59 am

Rob1954 wrote:None of the replies have answered my main concern, will a 21cm. implant result with an erection close to the 6.5 inch penis I can achieve with injections. I can live with 6, but not much shorter. From 20 years of ED I have already lost size.

As others have said, there is no direct read over between the size of the implant and the length of erection. That is why nobody here is likely to give you the reassurance you seek that you will end up with a 6 inch erection.

In my own case, my AMS CX 21 + 1cm has resulted in a 4.5 inch erection. I am disappointed with that but I have to accept it. But if, as you say, you cannot live with much less than 6 inches, I really question whether you should proceed, because that length is certainly not guaranteed and perhaps is even somewhat unlikely.
62 years old, gay, single. ED following prostatectomy in 2016. Living in Scotland but implanted March 27, 2018 in London, England. AMS 700CX 21cm + 1cm RTE. Happy to show/tell

justanotherdrumber

Postby justanotherdrumber » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:28 pm

gillemor wrote:
Rob1954 wrote:None of the replies have answered my main concern, will a 21cm. implant result with an erection close to the 6.5 inch penis I can achieve with injections. I can live with 6, but not much shorter. From 20 years of ED I have already lost size.

As others have said, there is no direct read over between the size of the implant and the length of erection. That is why nobody here is likely to give you the reassurance you seek that you will end up with a 6 inch erection.

In my own case, my AMS CX 21 + 1cm has resulted in a 4.5 inch erection. I am disappointed with that but I have to accept it. But if, as you say, you cannot live with much less than 6 inches, I really question whether you should proceed, because that length is certainly not guaranteed and perhaps is even somewhat unlikely.

I guessed at 4" from my 19cm experience, he says 4.5" from his 21cm experience.
Erie,PA
Age 64 - g/f 34
March 2018

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:54 pm

justanotherdrumber wrote:
Rob1954 wrote:Thank you for the replies. Most of you make me nervous, "turn and run".

I'm despondent.

Robert

A doctor needing more than 2-4 weeks to get you in is an admission that he would prefer you went elsewhere in my opinion, either because of his not having confidence in his ability or easier money doing other proceedures.

Possibly, he is familiar wwith your insurance and relizes what they pay [or don't pay].

I'd guess that you'd be exremely lucky to meet your 6 inch requiremnt with a 21 cm unless you are extremely thin built ...
... just a guess !

Don't tell him that... it's simply not true. It took me 4 months to get in to see my doctor. He is so good that he is incredibly busy. These people are nervous enough, they don't need to go into surgery not trusting their surgeon and scared shitless.

Larry

justanotherdrumber

Postby justanotherdrumber » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:22 pm

Larry10625 wrote:
justanotherdrumber wrote:

I'm despondent.

Robert

... just a guess !

Don't tell him that... it's simply not true. It took me 4 months to get in to see my doctor. He is so good that he is incredibly busy. These people are nervous enough, they don't need to go into surgery not trusting their surgeon and scared shitless.

Larry

I suppose part of it is where you like and who the doctor is, however; " next year" is 6 months away and "maybe" next year doesnt sound hopeful.

Especially tied in with exam room implant length predictions.

All 3 surgeons I spoke with could get me in less than 30days. OR less.

Dont be afraid, be cautious; nobody is going to look out for you BUT yourself !
Erie,PA
Age 64 - g/f 34
March 2018

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:41 pm

Robert1954, Measure your entire dick when using Trimix. Your cruse is between your legs. This is where the penis is anchored. In me when I was hardened with trimix there was a dull to sever pain in my dick. I could feel around my perineum and feel the base of my dick that was inside the cruse. I measured 9 inches from the base(cruse) to the glans. 5 cm of RTE was pushed into my cruse. A 15 cm 700lgx was attached to that. The pressure tubes come out right at the base of my dick. I am now 5 3/4 useable dick and growing. I was 6 1/4 with trimix. With cycling, I think I will make 6 1/4. You may want to google 'cruse' and get better knowledge about your anatomy. !5 and 5 rte is not 9 inch but I think I will regain my original trimix length. I am a thin build. 32 in waist, small to medium cloths. I think it depends on what the length of you cruse is from the bottom,(almost your anus) to the base of your dick. Hope this helps with your question.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:07 am

Despondent is easy to understand. I went through it with 15 doctors. Took 2 years to get scheduled and get it done. Do not give up. Both my implants ate up a lot of credit card for logistics but a diligent person can make it happen. Expense wise, is transportation, co-pay, deductible your issue? Do you live in a state where the AMS co-pay assistance program is legal if they still have one?
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Return to “Implants”