Anyone Here Not Satisfied with Getting Implant?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
TANGERINE

Re: Anyone Here Not Satisfied with Getting Implant?

Postby TANGERINE » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:24 pm

you state:
we could talk about trying to lengthen the cylinders. Just my luck, he's left San Francisco and taken over the gender reassignment clinic at UCLA. So my cock doc is now busy making them from scratch! LOL
My husband is cool with the size and floppy state, but what man doesn't want a big stiff dick!?!?! Sigh... no clue what to do next.

here is what i suggest you try:

Since you are in San Francisco, make an appointment with Dr Edward Karpmann in Mountain View. Many say he is the best in tthe west. I have had a couple appointments with him and he seemed solid. I have pretty robust connections to figure out who is best out here, and he is the one most highly recommended for Bay area.

He seems to only do AMS implants, and that was an issue for me (though he did eventually tell me that if I really wanted a Titan, then he would have done that). All in all, Karpman seems talented and solid.
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:36 pm

Gregobehr,,,I was going to use Dr Karpman but opted for a surgeon close to home. Wish I had used Dr Karpman. Read Quincys journal. Karman is very skilled and you don't need another screw up.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

gregorbehr

Postby gregorbehr » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:21 pm

I've heard about Edward Karpman, but searching my insurance he doesn't come up. But insurance is such a convoluted beast these days, I'm sure there is some out of network method to follow if I really dug into it.
I haven't really decided if a 3rd implant is worth the effort... I've lost the size and some feeling, not much is going to change that. And well, the husband is packing more than enough to keep me busy :twisted:
51, San Francisco
Diabetic: used pills & injections.
2 TURP surgeries caused Peyronie's. 1st implant lost to infection, 2nd one is about 5 years old. But "floppy head" due to all the scar tissue, couldn't get tips all the way up.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:36 am

I talked to patients of Karpman before I had an implant. They all said great things. Best bet is to call his office and have them run the codes through your insurance. They will get an approval or rejection and you will know. This is one reason I am finally for a single payer insurance system. 1/3rd of the cost of medical care is approvals, rules, time and bullshit. If your insurance has an out of network option, you might check into that. Mine doubles the deductible and pays 80% of THE BILLED AMOUNT instead of paying a negotiated rate so some out of networks can be expensive. ( example, Eid at the time I think was about $10,000 out of pocket. Now I think it would pay him.) Some not so much.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

MUNKY_BUTTR

Postby MUNKY_BUTTR » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:31 pm

Hey all-I just wanted to bump this up and see if there are others not satisfied.

I've been off of here since I was implanted with an AMS late 2014 at the age of 34. While pills worked, they gave me horrible migraines. I was happy with Tri-mix, but found it very cumbersome as a single guy trying to discreetly inject prior to a hook up. I made the decision to get implanted by a great, large-volume, implant surgeon.

At my first inflation after surgery, I was disappointed that I lost significant length. Also, I'm not really sure what I was expecting with regard to the discretion of the actual pump, but I find that when I get intimate with someone I haven't been with before, as soon as the other person starts to play with my balls, they immediately feel the pump and then, at least for me mentally, things become awkward and it sort of kills the mood. In fact, I had one person message me later after they left, saying that I should have it looked at by a doctor. Lol... They were concerned it was cancer or something. I find myself constantly trying to find ways to keep the other persons hands away from my balls. As a gay man, and as a result of the, shall I say, embarassment of the implant, I've found myself on the receptive end of things, so rarely use the implant and have contemplated just removing it.

All that being said, I haven't had issues with sensation. I'm able to ejaculate just fine masturbating with the implant deflated, as I usually do, and inflated, as well ejaculate when penetrating and inflated. I've found, however, that sometimes I have to pump the implant to make it rigid enough for insertive anal sex, such that there is a little bit of pain that can be somewhat distracting. I've wondered if maybe I haven't pumped enough over the years and maybe I would've gained more length. I just pumped up and got about 19 pumps in before it started to get a little uncomfortable-where it feels like the tips are going to pop through the head. Are some of you guys pumping more? I feel like I've read some guys getting 40 pumps in, which just sounds impossible to me. I'm wondering, in retrospect, if Dr. Karpman would've been a better option, since you come out of surgery inflated. My surgeon did not do that-I was fully deflated. Are there other surgeons that do that, and who are they? Perhaps I should consider talking to Dr. Karpman or one of the others about revision before I consider removal? Any thoughts guys!?

Thanks for any advice or insight any of y'all can provide!
38 years old, single in Washington, D.C. Implanted 11/20/2014 by Dr. Kramer with an AMS CX 21cm with 1cm tips.

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:47 am

MUNKY_BUTTR wrote:Hey all-I just wanted to bump this up and see if there are others not satisfied.

I've been off of here since I was implanted with an AMS late 2014 at the age of 34. While pills worked, they gave me horrible migraines. I was happy with Tri-mix, but found it very cumbersome as a single guy trying to discreetly inject prior to a hook up. I made the decision to get implanted by a great, large-volume, implant surgeon.

At my first inflation after surgery, I was disappointed that I lost significant length. Also, I'm not really sure what I was expecting with regard to the discretion of the actual pump, but I find that when I get intimate with someone I haven't been with before, as soon as the other person starts to play with my balls, they immediately feel the pump and then, at least for me mentally, things become awkward and it sort of kills the mood. In fact, I had one person message me later after they left, saying that I should have it looked at by a doctor. Lol... They were concerned it was cancer or something. I find myself constantly trying to find ways to keep the other persons hands away from my balls. As a gay man, and as a result of the, shall I say, embarassment of the implant, I've found myself on the receptive end of things, so rarely use the implant and have contemplated just removing it.

All that being said, I haven't had issues with sensation. I'm able to ejaculate just fine masturbating with the implant deflated, as I usually do, and inflated, as well ejaculate when penetrating and inflated. I've found, however, that sometimes I have to pump the implant to make it rigid enough for insertive anal sex, such that there is a little bit of pain that can be somewhat distracting. I've wondered if maybe I haven't pumped enough over the years and maybe I would've gained more length. I just pumped up and got about 19 pumps in before it started to get a little uncomfortable-where it feels like the tips are going to pop through the head. Are some of you guys pumping more? I feel like I've read some guys getting 40 pumps in, which just sounds impossible to me. I'm wondering, in retrospect, if Dr. Karpman would've been a better option, since you come out of surgery inflated. My surgeon did not do that-I was fully deflated. Are there other surgeons that do that, and who are they? Perhaps I should consider talking to Dr. Karpman or one of the others about revision before I consider removal? Any thoughts guys!?

Thanks for any advice or insight any of y'all can provide!

You may have room to grow. I’d pump twice daily for an hour or two or as long as you can stand it.

MUNKY_BUTTR

Postby MUNKY_BUTTR » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:25 pm

Thanks for the quick response! How many pumps are you, or others, able to get in? If in fact 40 pumps are standard, then yea, I'm way off. Because like I mentioned, at best, I can get about 19 pumps in.
38 years old, single in Washington, D.C. Implanted 11/20/2014 by Dr. Kramer with an AMS CX 21cm with 1cm tips.

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:00 am

I can pump way more than 40 times, but none is a full pump yet.
My doc left me inflated until next morning then deflated me and I was left that way for 2 weeks.
When I did pump up, I had no loss of length.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:35 am

Let me rephrase the question "not satisfied with the implant you got." Obviously those of us who've had a "fix it revision" were and still are not at all satisfied with something or everything of our original implant. I had my pump moved ASAP. Took 4 months. Perfectly satisfied with my new pump and position. But my botched surgery has left me crippled deformed and unsafe. I hoped and prayed that maybe by some miracle somehow my cylinders could be saved and spare me another surgery.
This is quite remarkable. My LGX is working the cylinders are apparently getting longer. My penis is getting longer. Just what every guy dreams of. Right? But I have been trying to escape from the uneven tip pressure of my right cylinder for over 6 months now. Just when it looked like I might be winning or at least at a stalemate the cylinder grows and corkscrews my penis again.
I'm not going to win this one without another surgery. Just talking to my wife last night. It takes 15 hours to drive to Dr Kramer. A long haul but my right tip pain has returned in spades and my right rte aches again. Nothing I'm doing helps. Just a matter of time before another bleed.
So NO!!! I AM NOT SATISFIED with the crap job my uros did. I will get a CX the next time and will be COMPLETELY SATISFIED FOR LIFE once the job is done correctly.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Return to “Implants”