Lean to the left

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Quincy

Lean to the left

Postby Quincy » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:15 am

I'm 3.5 weeks past surgery and I've been inflating for 2.5 weeks. AMS LGX.

Ever since surgery, my penis has had a leftward lean. It isn't enough to be a problem for sex, but I'd like to straighten it out, if possible. Whether erect or flaccid, it points off to the left side a little. When flaccid, I can lay my dick down on the left but not quite on the right. FWIW, it doesn't lay totally flat in any direction, but I imagine that the material in the implant will get more flexible with time.

Has anyone else had this problem, and have you found a fix? Did it correct itself over time?

When hard, there is no give at all, but I can keep moving it right when I'm flaccid, if that will help. I've been trying to sleep more on my right side to let it pull to the right a little at night. During the day, I'm mostly naked or commando, but when I wear undershorts, I've been using the 2-pouch kind that keeps my dick in front. Maybe I can try some time with tighter shorts now that things are starting to feel better, and point my penis to the right.

Not a problem worth stressing over, but would appreciate feedback from those who have had the same issue.

Quincy.
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

radioradio

Re: Lean to the left

Postby radioradio » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:28 am

Quincy,
Similar situation....
When deflated I hang a little to the left. This is not a problem at all, because at least I hang! To the extent I “hung” as versus “pointed”, I always aimed a little left. After the prostatectomy, my dick didn’t hang anywhere. Just sorta poked out or hid inside. So hanging a tad left is ok by me.
What’s wired though, is that when inflated, I point about 10 degrees right. Not a problem at all for sex, because it takes very little pressure to go straight. I don’t notice it at all except visually and neither does my wife.
Bob
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:36 pm

Quincy wrote:I'm 3.5 weeks past surgery and I've been inflating for 2.5 weeks. AMS LGX.

Ever since surgery, my penis has had a leftward lean. It isn't enough to be a problem for sex, but I'd like to straighten it out, if possible. Whether erect or flaccid, it points off to the left side a little. When flaccid, I can lay my dick down on the left but not quite on the right. FWIW, it doesn't lay totally flat in any direction, but I imagine that the material in the implant will get more flexible with time.

Has anyone else had this problem, and have you found a fix? Did it correct itself over time?

When hard, there is no give at all, but I can keep moving it right when I'm flaccid, if that will help. I've been trying to sleep more on my right side to let it pull to the right a little at night. During the day, I'm mostly naked or commando, but when I wear undershorts, I've been using the 2-pouch kind that keeps my dick in front. Maybe I can try some time with tighter shorts now that things are starting to feel better, and point my penis to the right.

Not a problem worth stressing over, but would appreciate feedback from those who have had the same issue.

Quincy.

For the first few months, my experience was exactly as your. 3-4 months later the leftward lean was almost totatlly gone. Now, 8 months post-op you cannot tell at all.

I cycle fully twice a day and most nights sleep as inflated as I can get and still sleep. I have not increased length much at all from pre-op, but girth has gone up measurably. 1/4" or so.

AMS LGX 18cm with 3 rte
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:43 pm

Thanks, guys. I'll just "hang" in there and see what happens.
Quincy.
71, Boise area, Married

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:24 pm

You are still at a stage at 3.5 weeks where your penis is likely still tight from surgery. After more healthy my time I found mine becoming more flexible. I never had the lean to one side issue, but kind stood straight out at first and pointed to the ceiling when I laid on my back. Now it hangs and when laying it rests against my body. I have read several posts here where guys talk about “modeling” their penis to do what they want it to do. For example one guy wanted his inflated dick to point upward more so every time he pumped up he held it upward while pumping. In your case maybe a few months of pumping up while pulling it straight would help. Just a thought. Don’t know if it would do anything.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:03 am

Quincy, I have had a left lean since the first implant. Two things I think contributed. With pump in the middle it could not lay center and had to go one way or another and my first pump laid more to the right tight up against the right nut. Tubing also came around the right. Just a guess but that was my take. Everything is torn up putting in an implant and it has to heal and healing in that position I think made it permanent because with this implant it still lays left and only reaches center when erect after being pumped till the reservoir is empty and left for about 10 minutes. Then it slowly migrates to center.
I have a question though. Why did they put an 18 cm with 3 cm tips in you when a 21cm implant is available and commonly used?
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

mr.skin

Postby mr.skin » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:33 am

The problem with the AMS is, that they need some tip extenders because of the angle which goes to the reservoir/pump, the coloplast apparently has something called a 0 degree possibility where you do not need rte's.

At least that s what I got told.
ED since 2012
nothing works properly

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:09 am

mr.skin wrote:The problem with the AMS is, that they need some tip extenders because of the angle which goes to the reservoir/pump, the coloplast apparently has something called a 0 degree possibility where you do not need rte's.

At least that s what I got told.

Not all guys with AMS implants have RTE’s and some guys with Titans do have them. I believe AMS has fewer sizes, causing some of the need. I also have an 18cm with 3 RTE’s. I asked my surgeon why he didn’t just use a 21cm implant. He says had he used a 21cm he would not have been able to get optimal pump placement. He said all men have variations in their anatomies and he make the decision on the most precise fit. I am extremely happy with everything about my results.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:19 pm

A way around that for scrotal insertion is to use the infrapubic kit which has longer tubing but you are correct Greg. I remember Dr. Eid complaining the tubing was too short on the AMS so tip extenders had to be used to prevent a high pump.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:09 pm

My doc may feel the same about pump placement, but he said that it was a close call for me between 20cm and 21cm, total. He initially thought that 20 to 20.5 cm would be best, so got out the 18cm cylinders and during surgery decided to "push" a little more and slightly oversize me. He said he thought my anatomy would be able to adjust as I heal to being slightly longer and he wanted the most size for me that he could get.

Thanks for the feedback, gentlemen. I'll do some work while I'm healing trying to correct the leftward lean, but it's not a big deal.

Quincy.
71, Boise area, Married

Return to “Implants”