What do you tell people?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
pyronies_dave

Re: What do you tell people?

Postby pyronies_dave » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:51 am

Currently, other than my wife, the only person who knows the actual details is my 17 year old son. He would have asked when I go in for surgery anyway, and is a pretty balanced kind of a lad. Talking to him has been helpful as it happens. I've another three boys, all older, all away from home, that don't know yet. I've only told my three daughters that it's more surgery in my 'gentleman's area' at this stage. To be honest I'm contemplating coming out, as it were, in a big way before the surgery. I'm a freelance journalist by profession here in the UK, and I'm contemplating trying to pitch some sort of before and after personal account of dealing with ED, Peyronie's and taking the 'end game' solution of a penile implant. If I have the balls for it, that remains to be seen. What's driving me is if it helps others then it's probably worth doing. I've drawn a lot of strength from reading the blog by RugbyDave that acts as a diary of his surgery, for example.
54 year old UK-based, married, Peyronie's for two years. Awaiting NHS surgery (graft and implant) with Oliver Kayes at St James's Hospital, Leeds.

Eveready

Postby Eveready » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:25 am

As I could blame my ED on prostate cancer, I have had no trouble telling my male acquaintance that I've had my dick rebuilt. And I proselytise amongst others whose prostates have been removed that they should oughta get theirs rebuilt too. But were I younger, and lacking the obvious excuse of prostatectomy I'm sure I'd be more discreet.
Melbourne, Oz. Radical prostatectomy & titan implant at 60. Size uncertain, but big enough to hang onto. Nah, it's huge!

JohnThomas

Postby JohnThomas » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:28 am

I have just told people that I had to have a small op for 'waterworks' problem, nothing to worry about just routine, and that seemed to work fine
Male, 64, suffers from ED, hypertension, elevated cholesterol, type II diabetes, Sleep Apnea, and Hypogonadtropism
Getting a Coloplast Titan Implant Early April. Surgeon Mr David Ralph, London.

Happy Toy

Postby Happy Toy » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:52 pm

Thanks, some good answers there.
Implanted 6/26/2018, Coloplast Titan 20cm, no RTE'S, infra pubic, Dr. Rhee, Kaiser :o 8-) 79yrs., married 56 yrs. ED for over 20 yrs.

3rd-Nut

Postby 3rd-Nut » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:58 pm

I had mine done out of state. Monday morning I drove to the airport and walked onto the plane. Thursday, I flew back, walked off the plane and drove home. All the kids are out the house, so only my wife knew I left.
Only doctors and medical personnel near home know I Have it.
PC 2006, AMS 700 LGX implanted 18+3, 2012, Dr. Paolone in Madison, WI- Married 47 yrs.

Return to “Implants”