Implant scheduled for 06/28/18

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
flyweed

Re: Implant scheduled for 06/28/18

Postby flyweed » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:09 pm

Well..........today WAS suppose to be the day. couldn't sleep all last night, and was in to check into the hospital at 5am this morning. Got prepped, IV's in and wheeled off to the OR by 7am. Woke up in recovery about 9am. I felt great, i was like what? No Pain? nurse come over and says you don't have an incision. OK......CONFUSED. My Doctor came over, said he couldn't do the implant and asked if I ever notice "leaking" from under my penis/urethra?? I'm like...Um....you mean from the small hole on the under side where I have a piercing (I have a prince albert piercing). I said YES, its commong with this piercing.

WELL...long story short, after ALL of his exams with me, he never noticed I had a piercing. SO.......not Bionic yet, I was sent home, and he said he'd call me in the morning.

I am actually a bit pissed off. Now, our Health Insurance new cycle kicks over on July 1, so all of our deductibles which were met for this year will all start over, and I'll have to pay out of pocket If and when the procedure happens next.
implanted: 07/31/2018 AMS 700 LGX. 18cm cylinders with 2cm RTE's - Dr. Schomburg-Urologist

David_Webb

Postby David_Webb » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:19 pm

Damn man that’s a huge let down.. I have a PA and have the same issue will leakage. I talked to my Uro about this cause I was concerned it would be an issue but he said it’s not a problem. I’m going to email my doc tonight and make sure he didn’t forget from our first consult.

I am curious why it would be an issue for your doctor and mine didn’t seem to think twice about the PA. I actually asked if he could throw a couple stitches in to close it up as I haven’t felt the need to accessorize junior for about 20 years.

I hope you get a new date soon! The mental prep leading up to the date is already messing with my sleep and I’m still 10 days from surgery.

Stay strong man!
New Hampshire, 42, Diagnosed with ED early 20’s. VL Left side, Implanted 7-9-18, Dr. Gross, Titan OTR, 22cm +1 RTE, Penoscrotal.

flyweed

Postby flyweed » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:14 pm

Yeah. who knows. I like that my Dr. is overly cautious, and everything, but damn...do that dang surgery already. I will know tomorrow after he calls when we'll be doing it (or if)..it he doesn't want to, I'll seek another Urologist who will.

But, YES....if you have a piercing in your "junk" I'd say to make sure they know it's there, or this might happen to you.
implanted: 07/31/2018 AMS 700 LGX. 18cm cylinders with 2cm RTE's - Dr. Schomburg-Urologist

David_Webb

Postby David_Webb » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:53 pm

Flyweed,

Just got this response from my Surgeon when I asked if the PA was going to be an issue:

“Nope, I've done plenty of PAs. You're going to have a catheter in during surgery, so no urine is going anywhere near my incision. That surgeon should have known better in advance. “

I know hat doesn’t help you now but at least you know that there are surgeons that will still do the implant.

Good luck!
New Hampshire, 42, Diagnosed with ED early 20’s. VL Left side, Implanted 7-9-18, Dr. Gross, Titan OTR, 22cm +1 RTE, Penoscrotal.

flyweed

Postby flyweed » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:51 pm

yeah....he told me today when he called he hadn't noticed I had a PA, and so he thought it was a "hole" from something else..so he didn't go through with the procedure. He has now rescheduled me AGAIN for my implant. Now I have to wait for July 31st. :roll:

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:58 pm

flyweed wrote:yeah....he told me today when he called he hadn't noticed I had a PA, and so he thought it was a "hole" from something else..so he didn't go through with the procedure. He has now rescheduled me AGAIN for my implant. Now I have to wait for July 31st. :roll:

Wow that sucks. Sorry man.
Bob
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

BillyBobTMS

Postby BillyBobTMS » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:40 pm

flyweed wrote:yeah....he told me today when he called he hadn't noticed I had a PA, and so he thought it was a "hole" from something else..so he didn't go through with the procedure. He has now rescheduled me AGAIN for my implant. Now I have to wait for July 31st. :roll:

Sorry you have the delay! But what is this "PA" that causes an extra hole?

Happy Toy

Postby Happy Toy » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:42 pm

That's a real bummer flyweed :( . I'm sure it is going to be a lonnnng month! :cry: I've never quite understood why anyone would want to put a PA or bar THERE, seems to me that it would cause all kinds of problems, but different strokes for different folks.
Andy
Implanted 6/26/2018, Coloplast Titan 20cm, no RTE'S, infra pubic, Dr. Rhee, Kaiser :o 8-) 79yrs., married 56 yrs. ED for over 20 yrs.

Happy Toy

Postby Happy Toy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:02 am

Day after two week checkup. All going pretty well. Saw Dr. yesterday for two week checkup, I had concerns about a hard spot just above my penis and below the incision, he said it is just some trapped blood and that it will go away in time. I thought that maybe the reservoir had slipped down but he said that that was impossible do to where it's located, so I'm happy about that! Otherwise he was happy with how everything looked, me too :lol: . Can't wait till I can start cycling, 4 more weeks :( . I REALLY want to know what I have erect, but VERY happy with flaccid size compared to what I had pre-op. The best part, so far ;) , is when I pee, I don't have to "dig it out" and hold it so I didn't pee all over myself :x , now I just let it hang out and pee :) . That alone makes it all wroth it. It is not huge compared to some of the guys here but for me after 74 years, it's great!
Most of the black and blue is gone, only a little left on my dick, and the stitches on the under side of my dick, from the scrotalplasta, all all gone now. Andy
7918-4.JPG
7918-4.JPG (80.26 KiB) Viewed 1320 times
71018-3.JPG
71018-3.JPG (79.33 KiB) Viewed 1318 times
Implanted 6/26/2018, Coloplast Titan 20cm, no RTE'S, infra pubic, Dr. Rhee, Kaiser :o 8-) 79yrs., married 56 yrs. ED for over 20 yrs.

David_R

Postby David_R » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:42 pm

Lookin' good, Andy!

Return to “Implants”