Losing length with implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
kosh200

Losing length with implant

Postby kosh200 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:18 pm

Greetings, all.
I am very glad I found you all. I feel like I have been on this journey myself.
I was diagnosed with Peyronies Disease approx 4 years ago. I used to be a strong 6 inches erect prior to the scarring, but now I am a meager 4.5”. I went to Dr Lawrence Levine ( the premier peyroniesMd ) and he has had me use a penile traction device. After five months, I am now 5.25”erect.

I am glad for this, however, my ED and PE is horrible. The pills work only half the time, the PE is really bad.( which is embarrassing because I was NEVER a two pump chump!)
It’s a constant struggle to get it hard, keep it hard, and not cum before she does.

My wife and I almost divorced a year ago because I stopped having sex. After a year of repair, she is hornier than ever. I just can’t seem to get my junk to cooperate. There is nothing else I want than to be normal again.

I am seriously considering an implant and on the 10 th I have an appt. I am, however, concerned about losing length with the implant. Am I too small to get an implant? Also, what is the criteria for a surgeon to recommend an implant? Do I meet that? Thank you all for listening. All encouragement is welcome.
45 years old. Diagnosed with Peyronies over 5 years ago. Successfully implanted on 9/6/18 with a Coloplast Titan 18 cm + 3 cm RTEs 4.5”-1st Activation, 6.25” three months of cycling. Dr. Levine. Chicago, Illinois

kosh200

Re: Losing length with implant

Postby kosh200 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:20 pm

I forgot to say my particulars, I am 43 years old and have been married for 13 years.
45 years old. Diagnosed with Peyronies over 5 years ago. Successfully implanted on 9/6/18 with a Coloplast Titan 18 cm + 3 cm RTEs 4.5”-1st Activation, 6.25” three months of cycling. Dr. Levine. Chicago, Illinois

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:23 pm

Welcome to FrankTalk. It's a great place to share and gain information. Yes, ED sucks big time, and here you will find guys who "get it".
I can't speak to the Peyronies, but I can tell you that you are not "too short" for an implant. I hope some of the guys who had/have Peyronies will chime in.
Bob
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

Andy1955

Postby Andy1955 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:19 pm

Welcome Kosh200. I also suffer from Peyronies and ED. I understand you completely. I tried pretty much everything before having the inplant. My curve was 90 degrees strait up mid shaft. Additionally I had the hourglass symptom. And I was loosing both length and girth due to the Peyronies; so I will assume you are also. I did not have the surgery when it was first suggested. I waited because of the same concerns you have. When I finally decide I would have the surgery it was scheduled for May 24 so I am only a month post op. I have not been able to use my inplant yet but the Dr did tell me that the Peyronies plaque may break up with time but usually you are left about a half inch shorter. My advise is to sit down and write all of your questions and concerns down and take them to the appointment with you. That way should you get nervous and forget you have your notes. If you wife or so is willing it would not hurt for her to be there. She likely has questions and concerns. There are several on Frank Talk that suffer from our issue so ask questions and do not fear being judged. The group is very supportive. Best of luck!
Inplanted May 24, 2018. AMS 700 CX, MS Pump. 21cm x 12mm. Peyronies and ED. Pills stopped working and extreme curvature

BadGrandpa

Postby BadGrandpa » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:45 pm

I too didn't feel like I could afford to lose any length, but after thinking long and hard about it (pun intended) I came to the conclusion that an erection regardless of length was going to be better than no erection at all. On a good day prior to surgery with a flaccid penis, I was 3". Post surgery pumped up I'm 5" and that has increased slightly with cycling the pump twice a day so I may gain more. A 5" erection is WAY better than a 3" limp dick
49 years old, married 29 years, type 1 diabetic since 12, battling ED since 18. Triple bypass in 2010. AMS 700 Implanted 5/14/18 by Dr Cornell in Houston TX.

Jamesbond

Postby Jamesbond » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:32 am

Hi
I saw 2 implant Dr's. The one that I think is better does a few hundred a year told me that he has to tell me that I can possibly lose lenght.
He said he does a lot of them and I will not lose lenght.
2nd gut told me any surgury has risks and I can lose lenght. He told me I will not
lose any lenght. He does a lot of them and he sizes it correctly.
In my words any surgury has risks. Things could go bad or not as good as expected.
I think it is best to see a surgeon that does a lot of them. Someone that is expierenced. Maybe see more than I surgeon. Ask on this site for Dr's in your area if you want. Think a few Dr's may come up in search box on this site.
Maybe talking to someone on this site how his expierence went.
I did that and thought it helped.
someone that ones the different implants on the market. Can get the best implant for you.
Can size you up properly.
Good luck
Thinking of getting implant. Have not done it because of the length I
have lost.
50, Straight, I miss women

Jamesbond

Postby Jamesbond » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:41 am

I have a question for you.
I see that you where successful in getting lenght back.
I lost lenght. Trying to regain lenght. If I could be old lenght or close to it I would get the implant. Hopefully sooner than later.
Tried VED. Don't think it helped.
Now I have been stretching and using a traction device for about 10 months.
Don't think I have gotten much out of it.
Been using the traction device about 4-6 hrs a day.
That what you did?
Did the Dr give you instructions on how long or every day use ing stretcher?
Thank you
Bond.
Thinking of getting implant. Have not done it because of the length I
have lost.
50, Straight, I miss women

Weak Willy

Postby Weak Willy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:21 am

Gents...very glad to have found this site. I have PE for 3 years and Willy is shrinking more and I was never a big fella. I tried Xiaflex-painful and non-productive. I have an appt with a Houston doctor to discuss options. I have read about the penuma implant and the AMS implants. Not sure what is right or best option. Can’t afford to loose length and/girth. Some of the threads on here say: I will lose length/girth, will gain length/girth, will neither loose or gain. Not sure what to think.

When I was a kid I was harassed about the little fella, I’m self conscious about being nude at the gym locker room, I haven’t had sex in 2 years, this all has played with my mind so badly, no confidence, embarrassment, less of a man...depressed. Enough is enough I’m ready to fix this shit but not make matters worse. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Would like to hear what you guys have gotten or done to fix the junk?

Thank you

Weak Willy
55, Louisiana, PE 4 years ago, 45%, tried pills, xiaflex injections (bad experience), I’m on low TRT injections, tried pumping. Penis is shrinking 4 inches, no sex in 2 years, lack of confidence/esteem and depression..have appt Houston doctor...options?

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:48 pm

There are a lot of threads that discuss some of these things, and many have done a better job than I'll do with my answers, but I'll share my thoughts and you can look deeper if you want.

I don't have Peyronies and that makes some cases more difficult. I have heard of men with Peyronies losing some length. So those with Peyronies will want to look deeper into the boards here. Do a search for the word Peyronies in the implant section. I won't address it more here since I have no useful knowledge.

As far as length overall, it is my belief that men no longer need to fear loss of length if they have a skilled surgeon with good experience and a commitment to help each man get the most length they can have. That was not always true, and with some lesser experienced doctors today it still may not be.

I was always small and got teased about it. It didn't bother me much and I wouldn't really hide in the locker room, but it was obviously not great. After 20 plus years of ED, prostact cancer, radiation, and diabetes, I'd shrunk significantly from atrophy. When I could get erectbefore the ED, I was about 5 inches and that was sufficient to father 4 children and have many hours of great intimacy with my wife. Once the ED hit and nothing would help, the intimacy floundered and my wife thought I didn't think she was attractive anymore. Totally wrong, but I just couldn't get it up or keep it up.

I'm just 2 weeks out from implant. My flaccid size was 2" before surgery (on a good day) it's now well over 4. My erect size was about 5", and it's about that same length now. I expect to gain in both length and girth as I cycle the implant multiple times a day for the coming months. I put a journal of the entire surgery and aftermath together in the Implants section titled "I'm Bionic! Quincy's Journal". There are even a couple of pictures.

I'm not "hung" and never will be. But I'm back to having a serviceable dick that will work and allow us to restore full intimacy. And I didn't lose any length or girth.

I did a LOT of research before taking this step. I'd suggest anyone else in this situation do the same. FT is a great place for it and the discussion boards are filled with great info. Most important will be for you to find the right doctor for what you want. Many guys go to their local urologists and have great results. After interviewing 2 local guys and one "guru" I made the decision to travel to my guru of choice.

If any of you would like to talk further, send me a PM or find me in chat. I go into chat for a little while most days. I'm happy to give out my phone number, also, for those that want to talk.

Best wishes for whatever decisions your make.
Quincy
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

David_R

Postby David_R » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:16 pm

I was able to return to my original (meaning pre-prostatectomy) erect/inflated size of 5", but a nice side effect of the implant was that my flaccid/uninflated size went from 2" to 3.5". I was never concerned about other guys (especially guys with bigger dicks) seeing mine in the locker room, but I have to admit that having a soft dick that is 1.5" longer looks kinda nice in the locker room. ;)

Return to “Implants”