I'm Bionic! Quincy's journal. Before and after pics added.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Donnie1954

Re: I'm Bionic! Quincy's journal.

Postby Donnie1954 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:43 am

Great job posting Quincy,
Not all journals are this encouraging. Some are horror stories. I'm so glad you are doing well. Wait till you see that puppy all grown up. You'll be amazed and pleased.
donnie1954@mail.com
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Happy Toy

Postby Happy Toy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:15 pm

Quincy wrote:Day 5, morning. Wow. I've been hard for almost 5 days straight.

Thanks, oldbeek, for the recommendation. Glad you found a solution.

Swelling and pain are both lower this morning than previous mornings. That's a very good sign, as morning pain seems to be the worst. As I ice and bathe during the day everything gets easier.

As is typical for the morning, my sac is full and I can't feel the pump very well. Icing helps with the swelling, but only the hot bath loosens whatever it is that causes the full scrotum. For my activation appointment on Wednesday, I'm now planning to be in the tub until the last possible moment. I may also take a heating pad with me. I haven't tried a heating pad to see if it helps yet, but I'll do that today. I know it's supposed to be helpful when pumping up.

Some general observations:

Ever since the surgery, my penis points a little left of center. I hope that isn't permanent. The way it is, it would still be usable for sex but perhaps uncomfortable if pumped fully up. At my current 70% I can pull it over without much difficulty, but at a higher inflation it may be more difficult. I've read in other posts that this was temporary, so I'll hope for the best.

I've had to learn a new way to sit. Like most guys, I always just flop into a chair. Now I have to lower myself gently, get may balls settled, and then finish sitting. I never realized that my balls hit a chair first when I'm naked, but then I haven't had so much time sitting down naked. When I stand, they are the last part of me to touch, and I have to be careful standing, as well. Sitting and standing also put pressure on my shaft in some way, causing a little pain, and I clench my abdominal muscles so the sore part where the reservoir is complains a little. None of it is bad, I just have to be careful.

I plan to get out and walk more today. If I am indeed past the peak of swelling, it's time to get more active. Being a diabetic, I'm always concerned about sugar levels and I find that walking helps considerably. I plan to wear something loose and cover with a shirttail instead of compressing. Much more comfortable.

Quincy, please let me know how the heating pad works. I have had both knees and a shoulder replaced and cannot get out of the tub, so not sure what I will do for heat other then the shower. Thanks for the great journal. Andywalther
Implanted 6/26/2018, Coloplast Titan 20cm, no RTE'S, infra pubic, Dr. Rhee, Kaiser :o 8-) 79yrs., married 56 yrs. ED for over 20 yrs.

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:27 pm

In case you have problems with the AMS implant bulb and deflate button,, here is the direct line to Jami at AMS customer support. 303-591- 8599. The video is useful but there are peculiar things. The button does not need to be held 4 seconds. Just till you hear the release. On mine after button release it will not deflate more. Have to squeeze then push button again. In the video it shows the guy holding the button as he squeezes it down . Does not say that. After deflate, I have to hit the bulb one quick shot to (pop) set the valve or it will reinflate over time on its own. These are all the thing you need to discuss with DR tomorrow.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:58 pm

I don't know about the LGX but my CX never auto inflates once I completely drain it. I can squeeze out all the saline maybe because of my RTEs. There is no part of my Implant I can't completely drain. Quincy tomorrow will be awesome. You'll be fine. Can't wait for next journal entry.
donnie1954@mail.com
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:12 pm

Andy: The tub is definitely the best. I bought a suction-cup "handle" that I could attach to the wall to help me get up and the first couple days, my wife was near by to assist if needed. With the lower level of pain I don't need the help now. In order of "goodness" to make things loose in my scrotum, I've found:
1. Hot bath. Just soaking for a while lets everything get better. I feel better coming out and I clearly can feel the pump and all its parts.
2. Hot shower. If you can't bathe, this may be the best option. My doc said to run it as hot as I could stand it and point the water directly at my groin. This works pretty well.
3. Heating pad. I think once the swelling goes down, the heating pad will be very useful in warming the pump so it can be pushed more easily. Now that I'm not swollen as bad as earlier, it also can do some of what the bath and shower can, just not quite as well for me.

oldbeek: Thanks very much. That is great info. There should be a place where this data is available to everyone, but I'm glad you shared it here. The function of the deflate button is not covered well at all. The site just says hold it for 4 seconds and it will continue to deflate. I'll be sure to get detailed instructions tomorrow and hopefully the doc will let me practice and ask questions. We'll see. Thanks again.

Donnie: I'm looking forward to it. Thanks.
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:35 pm

Donnie2016 wrote:I don't know about the LGX but my CX never auto inflates once I completely drain it. I can squeeze out all the saline maybe because of my RTEs. There is no part of my Implant I can't completely drain. Quincy tomorrow will be awesome. You'll be fine. Can't wait for next journal entry.
donnie1954@mail.com

I am pretty slim and I occasionally have lymphnode swelling near the reservoir. Maybe the pressure on the reservoir pushes the saline back into the implant. I also have a 5 cm rte and complete implant is squeezeable.
I let my Dr rush me along and really did not have the questions to ask.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:07 am

Save money on the heating pad Quincy. Have your wife sit on your lap. :o Cheers man. Time flies. You won't be able to keep her away soon. Hot soaks if you are allowed and recline. Limit activity a few more days if you can.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

BillyBobTMS

Postby BillyBobTMS » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:53 pm

oldbeek wrote:
Donnie2016 wrote:I don't know about the LGX but my CX never auto inflates once I completely drain it. I can squeeze out all the saline maybe because of my RTEs. ............ I also have a 5 cm rte ..........

What are these RTEs I keep seeing referred to, and that are often specified along with implant length?
Bill

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:32 pm

Hi Bill. RTE stands for Rear Tip Extender.

Implants only come in a few different sizes. The AMS 700 has 15cm, 18cm, and 21cm and perhaps others. In order to get an implant the right size, extenders can be used to adjust for lengths needed in between these sizes. So if you really needed an implant that was 17cm total, you would get a 15cm implant and add 2cm of RTEs.

In addition, RTEs can apparently make it better for the doctor to get the tubes coming out in the right place instead of deep inside the body. A lot of an implant is inside the body, not in the visible part of the penis.

My implant is 18cm, and I have 3cm of RTE, for a total of 21cm.

Others here may have more to add.

Quincy
Last edited by Quincy on Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:47 pm

Very good explanation Quincy. How did activation go?
donnie1954@mail.com

Return to “Implants”