I'm Bionic! Quincy's journal. Before and after pics added.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
navy6587

Re: I'm Bionic! Quincy's journal.

Postby navy6587 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:54 pm

Quincy...many thanks for your journal!! My implant is in 5 weeks so your 'day by day' is VERY helpful. I've purchased a pair of Nike training shorts (like U/A compression shorts) for the post-op days. Is the jock working well for you? Did you try any compression shorts? I'm just trying to be prepared with what seems to work the best. All the best to you during your continued, successful recovery.
Edd
74; ED at 50. Fired by 1st doc (Szobota - VA Uro) too many q's & contact w/ Coloplast rep. New doc: Ellen (VA Uro) implanted 11/8/18. 22cm Titan + 2cm RTEs; moron docs, product rep, intake/ dischg nurses! NEVER again! L- 6.75"; G- 5.5" oval.

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:24 pm

Noontime,2nd day after surgery.

I'd like to thank those that have posted their good wishes. Nice to have the support. This site is just great for learning, sharing, and brotherhood.

To andywalther: You're getting really close. Grats on making the decision. I'll be watching your progress and wishing you the best, the entire time. Glad you took some before pictures; I did, too. It will be interesting to do comparisons.

To navy6587: Also wishing you well. I remember being about 5 weeks out and thinking the time would never pass. Turns out it was quicker than I thought. FWIW, I'm just staying naked below the waist as much as possible, so I haven't tried much of the underwear I've brought. Doc would like me to stay naked as much as possible. My wife would prefer a little more circumspection, but I'm covered with ice bags, so it's ok. I brought some compression shorts and the David Archy separate-pouch underwear. Right now, with the 70% inflation, my dick sticks straight out and NOTHING feels good to wear. When I've gone out, I've worn the loosest, softest pants/shorts I could find and even that slight pressure is uncomfortable. And of course they tent out in front of me. I went to a store yesterday and just tried to hide behind my shirt tail and a shopping cart. If I had to be in public much, I think pointing up and wearing something tight enough to hold it there would be my choice. We're going out for a walk this afternoon so I'll probably do that.

As for the update, I'm feeling fine. Constipation that started after surgery has pretty much gone. I've only taken one of the opioid pills so far, and haven't felt like I needed more. Swelling is much worse. I can still feel the pump and pull it down when I want, but there is a lot of fluid or something in the sac. It's very hard to feel the deflate button.

On the positive side, my dick has also gotten bigger. It may just be swelling from the thrashing it took on Tuesday, but it looks pretty good today. I've been walking back and forth in the hotel room just to keep moving, and I'm naked below the waist. My penis is large, erect, and heavy, leading the way. The weight pulls down and feels great. The extra mass of the cylinders and fluid gives me more weight there than I've had for a long time, maybe the most ever. At 100% this thing will be able to build some good momentum.

Pain isn't too bad as long as I keep the ice going. I usually have 2 ice bags and an ice gel pack on at any given time. The bags wrap as much as possible with one on each side. The gel pack rests just above my shaft to reduce swelling in my abdomen, at the incision site and over the reservoir. Together, they work pretty good. I'm pretty much just leaving them in place, making sure I don't get too cold (don't want frostbite or anything). I've found that a terrycloth towel insulates too much and I don't feel the cold as much as I want, so I wear a layer of a lighter cloth between me and the ice. After sitting a while, I remove everything, walk, pee, and try to be a little active, and then sit back down with fresh ice. Seems to be working.

I haven't needed even Ibuprofen so far today once I got the ice in place. I'll try the hot shower in an hour or so. I've figured out how to pee without spraying the entire bathroom down (thanks ED2013). Dick is hard. Life is good. :)
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:30 pm

I like that Quincy.
"Dick is Hard. Life is Good"
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

BillyBobTMS

Postby BillyBobTMS » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:10 pm

Thank you Quincy for this blow by blow reporting! I have not even called any docs yet, or got a referral from my local URO, but I am mentally started down the road!

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:20 pm

Quincy wrote:Noontime,2nd day after surgery.

I'd like to thank those that have posted their good wishes. Nice to have the support. This site is just great for learning, sharing, and brotherhood.

To andywalther: You're getting really close. Grats on making the decision. I'll be watching your progress and wishing you the best, the entire time. Glad you took some before pictures; I did, too. It will be interesting to do comparisons.

To navy6587: Also wishing you well. I remember being about 5 weeks out and thinking the time would never pass. Turns out it was quicker than I thought. FWIW, I'm just staying naked below the waist as much as possible, so I haven't tried much of the underwear I've brought. Doc would like me to stay naked as much as possible. My wife would prefer a little more circumspection, but I'm covered with ice bags, so it's ok. I brought some compression shorts and the David Archy separate-pouch underwear. Right now, with the 70% inflation, my dick sticks straight out and NOTHING feels good to wear. When I've gone out, I've worn the loosest, softest pants/shorts I could find and even that slight pressure is uncomfortable. And of course they tent out in front of me. I went to a store yesterday and just tried to hide behind my shirt tail and a shopping cart. If I had to be in public much, I think pointing up and wearing something tight enough to hold it there would be my choice. We're going out for a walk this afternoon so I'll probably do that.

As for the update, I'm feeling fine. Constipation that started after surgery has pretty much gone. I've only taken one of the opioid pills so far, and haven't felt like I needed more. Swelling is much worse. I can still feel the pump and pull it down when I want, but there is a lot of fluid or something in the sac. It's very hard to feel the deflate button.

On the positive side, my dick has also gotten bigger. It may just be swelling from the thrashing it took on Tuesday, but it looks pretty good today. I've been walking back and forth in the hotel room just to keep moving, and I'm naked below the waist. My penis is large, erect, and heavy, leading the way. The weight pulls down and feels great. The extra mass of the cylinders and fluid gives me more weight there than I've had for a long time, maybe the most ever. At 100% this thing will be able to build some good momentum.

Pain isn't too bad as long as I keep the ice going. I usually have 2 ice bags and an ice gel pack on at any given time. The bags wrap as much as possible with one on each side. The gel pack rests just above my shaft to reduce swelling in my abdomen, at the incision site and over the reservoir. Together, they work pretty good. I'm pretty much just leaving them in place, making sure I don't get too cold (don't want frostbite or anything). I've found that a terrycloth towel insulates too much and I don't feel the cold as much as I want, so I wear a layer of a lighter cloth between me and the ice. After sitting a while, I remove everything, walk, pee, and try to be a little active, and then sit back down with fresh ice. Seems to be working.

I haven't needed even Ibuprofen so far today once I got the ice in place. I'll try the hot shower in an hour or so. I've figured out how to pee without spraying the entire bathroom down (thanks ED2013). Dick is hard. Life is good. :)

Hey buddy, hate to burst your bubble but, this soon after surgery, your great big dick is because of swelling. It is very normal that you can't feel the deflate button, again, because of swelling, Keep icing it but, no more than 20 minutes an hour or you can cause permanent damage to the tissue which could result in permanent loss of sensation. Keep pulling your pump down. This is very important. It may be uncomfortable to do but you must do it. It is great that you roam around naked, it really does feel better than wearing clothes. Keep it up, you're doing great. In no time you'll be dickin your main squeeze and wishing you had done this years ago. :D

Larry

FreddyFree

Re: I'm Bionic! Quincy's journal. Wrapped pic on page 2.

Postby FreddyFree » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:36 pm

Quincy wrote:
I hope this drivel will be of use to someone.

Keep drivelling, I appreciate it.

Take care and may you get the best outcome.
AMS 700 CX 18cm. x 12mm. With 3cm. RTEs. 10/10/18

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:02 pm

Wow!!!! I have just discovered the joy of hot water!

Still the 2nd day after surgery, mid afternoon. My doc appears to be willing to start me with hot water sooner than almost everyone else I've seen, perhaps because I'm sealed up with surgical glue. I just took my first hot shower. He told me to start today and stay in the water a long time, running it as hot as I could stand it. It's incredible!

All the compression from the jock and shrinkage from the ice packs made everything in my sac squish hard together. It was painful, even though the ice helped with swelling. The hot water lets everything go loose again. I could find the pump, the deflate button, both nuts, and move everything around. The relief was great.

I found that the pump is twisted a little sideways and has been resting under my right nut. That put upward pressure on the nut, driving it into the inguinal canal the tubing goes through. Everything hurt. With the hot water looseness, I was able to GENTLY pull the pump down a little and straighten it out, Then I could push lightly on the top of the right nut, putting it back into place. I can't stress enough how gentle it has to be. The pressure coming off that area from getting looser and stretching out a little make everything much better. After a while, the pump moves back where it was somewhat, so I'll have to keep doing this repeatedly. It's not just a matter of pulling the pump down, for me, I also need to twist it a little and move that right testicle down a little. Gotta get the 3 boys to behave well together.

I wondered why hot was going to be of benefit, since it takes cold to reduce swelling. Now I know.

I'm back in my recliner with ice again. Trying to make sure I don't overdo the ice. (Thanks Larry)

BillyBob: If you want to talk about the whole thing, I'm happy to send you my phone number. Just shoot me a PM or let me know you're interested. I did a lot of research before I made the decision.

Thanks also to the others who have said to keep writing. I guess if folks don't want to read it, they don't have to. I'm trying to document things that might be of use. If you are starting down this road, please make sure you follow your doc's orders. I'm glad my doc has me doing the hot water thing, but each doc is different.

I'll probably get 2 more hot showers in today, and tomorrow move to hot baths. So nice to be loose enough to move things around down there.
Last edited by Quincy on Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
71, Boise area, Married

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:46 pm

Quincy wrote:Wow!!!! I have just discovered the joy of hot water!

Still the 2nd day after surgery, mid afternoon. My doc appears to be willing to start me with hot water sooner than almost everyone else I've seen, perhaps because I'm sealed up with surgical glue. I just took my first hot shower. He told me to start today and stay in the water a long time, running it as hot as I could stand it. It's incredible!

All the compression from the jock and shrinkage from the ice packs made everything in my sac squish hard together. It was painful, even thought the ice helped with swelling. The hot water lets everything go loose again. I could find the pump, the deflate button, both nuts, and move everything around. The relief was great.

I found that the pump is twisted a little sideways and has been resting under my right nut. That put upward pressure on the nut, driving it into the inguinal canal the tubing goes through. Everything hurt. With the hot water looseness, I was able to GENTLY pull the pump down a little and straighten it out, Then I could push lightly on the top of the right nut, putting it back into place. I can't stress enough how gentle it has to be. The pressure coming off that area from getting looser and stretching out a little make everything much better. After a while, the pump moves back where it was somewhat, so I'll have to keep doing this repeatedly. It's not just a matter of pulling the pump down, for me, I also need to twist it a little and move that right testicle down a little. Gotta get the 3 boys to behave well together.

I wondered why hot was going to be of benefit, since it takes cold to reduce swelling. Now I know.

I'm back in my recliner with ice again. Trying to make sure I don't overdo the ice. (Thanks Larry)

BillyBob: If you want to talk about the whole thing, I'm happy to send you my phone number. Just shoot me a PM or let me know you're interested. I did a lot of research before I made the decision.

Thanks also to the others who have said to keep writing. I guess if folks don't want to read it, they don't have to. I'm trying to document things that might be of use. If you are starting down this road, please make sure you follow your doc's orders. I'm glad my doc has me doing the hot water thing, but each doc is different.

I'll probably get 2 more hot showers in today, and tomorrow move to hot baths. So nice to be loose enough to move things around down there.

My pleasure Quincy. :)

Larry

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:46 pm

Day 2, evening.

Went out for a walk today and tried to answer the great underwear question: What underwear is best to use right after surgery? Turns out the answer is "none of the above".

Here in the hotel room, I've just been staying half naked. Yesterday's quick outing used my shirt tail to hide the tenting in my very loose pants, but not very successfully. Today I tried to be more discreet. I put on some rather tight boxer briefs, using the fabric to point my dick straight up. Then I added a pair of gym shorts. Right away, the briefs hurt. My member just doesn't want any pressure of any kind. We walked very slowly for about 15 minutes, and I was really glad to get back to the room and get naked again. Wearing nothing beats wearing shorts to hold the dick up by many miles. It doesn't really hurt to point up, it hurts to have any pressure keeping it there. So for others that are asking about underwear, try not to need any for a while.

After some icing I felt better and was able to nap. I'm hoping to sleep a little longer tonight, but at least naps are possible. Feeling a little looser tonight than I was this morning, probably because I haven't been icing quite so much. Seems to be a balancing act between icing and keeping the sac loose.

I took a couple Ibuprofen earlier, but couldn't tell that it had any positive impact. Maybe I'd be more sore and swollen if I hadn't, but everything is still very sore to the touch and aches dully if left alone. Again, though, it's very tolerable.

I'm happy with my progress. The doc said tomorrow would be the worst day for the swelling. We'll see.
71, Boise area, Married

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:37 pm

Don't overdo the walking around though you do need to get up from time to time to eat, go pee and stay sane. The naked part really does make everything easier to deal with for a few days as well as peeing in the shower. Cheers. Nice thread.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Return to “Implants”